Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your Hopes for RTTE-?
Topic Started: 17 Aug 2015, 16:04 (3263 Views)
DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

We've only seen one-fourth of the new season so far, and there's already a ton of developments that have been discussed on the forum: the Dragon Eye, Heather, Dagur, new dragons...
Based on what you've seen, what are you hoping the next batch of episodes (or the one after that) expands upon? OR, what are you hoping it DOESN'T have?
^_^

Personally, I'd like to see lots more of Stoick with Skullcrusher as well as father/son bonding between he and Hiccup. Skullcrusher's episode was one of my favorites because of the character development, and I'd love to see the show take it even further.
Dagur...I've been over this. Thought the character was absolutely fantastic in RoB/DoB, and I'm not going to disagree with those who say that he's now run his course. I hope for an exit from the show that doesn't make me want to face-palm. I need some kind of deranged but respectable "bang" for him to leave with. Please.
And maybe some Astrid development? I'm still not sure how she and Hiccup go from obviously liking each other but being "just friends" to the inseparable kissy-kissy pair we see in HTTYD 2.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Spoiler: click to toggle

sageman
Terrible Terror

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

No more Gustav centered episodes.

Not too much Heather drama. Seriously that girl is a magnet for every tragic thing in the world.

Give Dagur an exit. I love the guy but don't drag his story out for too much longer.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I expect in this up coming bulk of episodes will see an end to Dagur's and Heather's story/character arcs. I'm hoping however that those ends fit really well with their characters, and meshes well story wise with everything we've seen so far. Another thing I kind of want to see but I'm not sure if it would make for the greatest of episodes nor am I sure they'll actually do it. Is an episode entirely form the dragons point of views. Feel like that could be really fun and neat at least, but that may be all it would have going for it, but I still want and am hoping for it though. :P

Last I'm hoping to see our viking gang be put on the ropes by our villains a little more. We haven't seen a villain in this series really win. We've seen some potentially tense moments in the past seasons with Alvin and Dagur getting the upper hand, but it never felt like they had actually won. The only villain I personally feel who actually managed to even remotely accomplish one of his goals and win was Mildew(the only reason he failed afterward at the time was really because of Alvin). Everything else has just felt like the villains get a step ahead then take two steps back. Mostly due to their own incompetence, and I feel that this type of villain has played out in this show and that it's time to move own from it. So I'm hoping that as we move forward and since the gangs growing up that our villains will as well.

Don't get me wrong I get that since we know the end of the story starts where HTTYD2 ends that all of the gang is safe, so it's harder to create a sense of tension. But I still feel it's possible though and I don't feel we've seen that yet from our current major villain. We know the shows writers can still make us feel like the gang might be in trouble cause they did manage to capture that feeling (at least in my opinion) with the episodes covering the Death Song and the Snow Wraith. So I would like to see our human villains pull this off to and not fail due to their own incompetence.

(Side note here) I know this probably comes off as me disliking Dagur or Alvin but I don't. I actually like both of their characters and have really enjoyed them through out all of the seasons so far. I'd even be really glad to see an Alvin centered episode where we get to see how reconciling with Stoick has possibly changed certain things between them, Berk, and the outcasts. I feel that could make for at least one really interesting episode character wise for Stoick Hiccup and Alvin, maybe even give us more of Stoick's past potentially. Regardless though I'll gladly admit that I've said I felt Dagur has started to out stay his welcome to me, and it would be nice to see a new villain. But I've still enjoyed his character and I've liked the changes to his character that the writers have made.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

My hopes:
1) More Stoick and Skullcrusher interaction. We already had the one episode showing how they met, let's see them bonding a bit more.

2) An episode about how Gobber met Grump. Do I even need to say anything?

3) Expansion on the Heather-Dagur thing. Now, before haters of this twist will hang me, hear me out. The way this two parter ended felt rushed and like they stuck that twist in there for the sake of having a twist. I don't know exactly what I want them to do with this, but I hope they won't just ignore it like it was nothing.

4) Astrid centric episode maybe? It seems like everybody else had an episode centered around them, why not Astrid? and while we are on that note...

5) Can Hiccup and Astrid start dating already? I mean, we know what their status is a year and half after the events of this season. No reason to drag that stupid "They're just friends" thing any further.

6) No Gustuv. I don't think I need to explain this one...

7) More episodes focused on Hiccup and Toothless/episodes with only them maybe. I mean, they are the stars of this franchise, don't they deserve more attention? In the first episode they had some great interaction but the more I think about it, it kind of dissappeared after that.

Toothless123
Night Fury

hcsp1
18 Aug 2015, 06:57
4) Astrid centric episode maybe? It seems like everybody else had an episode centered around them, why not Astrid?
I believe the first episode of the second instalment, 'Team Astrid', will focus on that. ;)

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

hcsp1
18 Aug 2015, 06:57

Can Hiccup and Astrid start dating already? I mean, we know what their status is a year and half after the events of this season. No reason to drag that stupid "They're just friends" thing any further.
Yeah, this whole "friend" thing is getting stale. It's NOT cute anymore. Seriously, after that much time, most people would've given up and moved on.

Ryder
Night Fury

sageman
17 Aug 2015, 22:51
I believe the word is encroach. It was probably one of those weird autocorrect issues.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Wow..I just...agree! Every single person, you've hit the nail on the head. And I can't add much more than that. Ha ha!

...That said, I feel like Berserk Shieldmaiden and I almost share brainwaves with our opinions, and Demonwolf002, I love how thorough and (I can't think of an accurate word to put here) simply logical your comments are. :P I've really enjoyed reading the show forum with your analyzation, both of you, and that honestly goes for most of the Grapeviners. Dragon fans, YOU'RE AWESOME! :D

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D