Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is the Skrill extinct?
Topic Started: 05 Sep 2015, 20:49 (1754 Views)
StormStrike
Dragon Egg

I was wondering if the skrills are extinct because we have only seen one in the show so far and it was frozen for decades does this mean night fury's and skrills where not rare years ago a new episode is featuring the skril called a time to skrill (not so sure about shock and awe) will it feature a different skrill that they will actually train??
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Quick note this is mostly conjecture on my part using the knowledge that we have so far (which isn't much to be honest), so take it how you will I suppose.

1: I doubt Skrills are extinct, just rare considering the lightning thing making them less likely to be sociable with other dragons or people for that matter. Also I assume they may lay less eggs than most other dragons which would contribute to the rarity. I also would make the same assumption (they lay less eggs) for Night Furies to.

2: Were Night Furies and Skrills less rare at one point in time is hard to say since we have no real information on the past. I do feel though that Night Furies are a little bit easier to make some assumptions on since we have the second movie introducing characters who aren't vikings. The biggest reason for this is Eret. We know he's at least from somewhere else in the archipelago or from somewhere else entirely, and yet he still knows about Night Furies. So because of that we can more safely assume Night Furies were less rare at one point. Or at the very least we can assume they were more spread out at one point in the past. Looking at Skrills though it's much harder since we have much less information to go around about them. So really anything you can come up with that works with current canon would be okay since there's very little info.

3: Now whether or not the new episode will have a new Skrill in it we can't really say. Since there's no info on the shows going around right now(as far as I know). I do know most people were assuming it would be the Skrill we saw Dagur with in the past and it would be Dagur using it again, but again we just don't really know. I do personally feel though that were not going to be seeing a Skrill getting trained. Don't know why to be honest it just seems to me something that the creators won't touch on really.

So there's my answers, although keep in mind these are all based off of my own conjecture with the little info we do have, so others opinions may vary. With that said I do encourage others to share their opinions to. :)
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

StormStrike
Dragon Egg

I wish they would apart from me being a huge skrill fan a skrill would be very helpful to the riders especially when the skrill and toothlesses shots combine

Skyshear
Skyshear

I think it will be same the skrill from last time since it's the only one left and unless dagur knows of another old spot belonging to them, well it's a very long shot.
J. L. Polacek