Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Let's talk about Dagur the Deranged.... (spoilers for RTTE S3)
Topic Started: 22 Nov 2015, 00:57 (6006 Views)
DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Seems like we're getting a little tangled up in the words here, myself included. :huh: To clarify my comments: ^_^

Crystallion made a good point when they suggested Dagur teaming up with the new villain. However, I think that's an unlikely situation for any extended period of time, so my comment about his nonexistent teamwork skills was for Crystal.

I know that Dagur can't die a gory and horrible death by Night Fury blast- or any other means of death- on screen. I don't want him to. My only wish is that there IS a "final fight"- a full, on-screen story that clearly explains and neatly ends the character's run in the show. I don't really care how that "final fight" comes about, as long as his character is retired in a quality, satisfactory way that leaves no major questions.

I also can tell that we each have some kind of attachment to this character after watching him in the show for so long. :) I think that's why we're stating our opinions and ideas so firmly and are trying to make sure that they're clearly expressed. (I know that's why I disappointedly discuss his decline in RTTE.) Anyway, I hope that everyone really understands my position now! :D

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

I do understand, my dear friend. I do. It was getting quite tense for a moment there, in my opinion.

We all have our strong opinions, which I support fully (hence my signature), and it's natural for us to express them respectively with roars and fire, as we are one with dragon kind!

Basically off-topic update here, don't like MLP: FiM, don't read.
Currently my dog is under the bed, this is getting quite off topic, but due to DRAGONS being quite quiet, MLP is being my huge entertainment source- we just got back from Episode 24, which was downright SPECTACULAR (amazing songs, good plot) in my opinion, and the season finale is just around the corner, arriving in Saturday next week... I am totally pulling an all-nighter, waiting for it to go up on Live Stream. Sorry if you're no fan of the franchise, but I am, and I hope that you can all understand this.

Anyways, back to Dragons:
Yeah, for his death (should he finally die, not saying I can't wait), he most certainly can't go down in the gruesome category, but... We could go Scar-The-Lion-King style... Make Dagur actually his uncle (didn't he say something like that?!), and a big fight between him and Hiccup surrounded by flames... Have Hiccup throw him over the edge, and then have Toothkess rip him to pieces!!!

:O Wait, no... Never mind, just throw him off the cliff, and... Kill him somehow in a CLEAN but obvious that he's done for manner.

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Off topic here but DragonbackVoyager that misunderstanding lies with me. I took it that you were referring to me and not Crystal so I thought I should try and clarify my point in case there was some misunderstanding. There wasn't and I see that now, so my apologies for that. Also my apologies for coming off as possibly upset or very tense it wasn't my intent, and I promise getting upset is not something you have to worry about me ever doing on here. You never have to worry about me getting upset when you disagree with me either. To me that's the best part of discussion. Which is why I'll gladly try to play devils advocate if I think there might be some discussion to be gained from it. So as far as I'm concerned if you disagree with me say so, and share any opinion you feel like sharing. Believe me if I have something to add I gladly jump in and discuss it with you. Also believe me having been around here for awhile you never have to worry about people around here going off for any reason. Even when discussions get tense everyone always keeps a level head, and when it does get tense that level head still remains and every discussion I've seen and read never devolves into anything. It's just one of the things that make this forum so enjoyable. ^_^

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

That's an amazing quality for a forum to have! :D
It's always more difficult having ANY discussion with typed words rather than voices because it's impossible to know how the author truly means for the words to be read, even with the use of emoticons.
Rest assured that I'm not an aggressor, and I will never try to be one. :) Demonwolf, I think it's awesome that you work to keep discussions going by looking at all the angles. This has been such an exciting conversation because we've talked about so many possibilities for the end to Dagur's character arc, as well as our opinions on what will constitute a "satisfying" finale for his character.

That said...anyone have any more ideas? ^_^

(By the way, I HAVE seen a little bit of MLP. A younger sibling used to watch it all the time, and I didn't mind at all when it was on. I thought the stories were cute, and they did an exceptional job with most of the music. I just didn't like it enough to keep watching once my younger sibling lost interest.)

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Crystallion12

Sorry for late reply, I guess another post decided to pop up... Yeah, I have no clue.

I'm glad we sorted things out, nicely, smoothly, and with the friendliness I have rarely seen in my entire lifespan (Thor, that makes me sound so old, doesn't it :P ?); anyways...

Yeah, for the rest of Dagur, I have no idea. Now, as we just calmed the storm, I do not wish to cause trouble, but I do want Dagur to end; now, let me explain.

Now now, I love and adore Dagur (as a villain, mind you), but he's had quite the reign of villainy, has he not? I just think we need a new villain, or at least a new spotlight. As of right now, we only have Dagur as a villain, and didn't the official trailer for RTTE Part One say 'New Villains' ? No?

I think we just need to end his spotlight in the least, but as we have been discussing, I think we all want a good, explainatory and satisfactory ending to him. :D

Well, that's all from me. Does anyone think that the Skrill could come into it? After all, that is what this topic is about- 'Would another Dagur and Skrill team-up be a good thing?' Now, that might not be accurate... *looks at it* hmm... I think I'm right... Never mind, OFF TOPIC!

Wow, back at the beginning! So, if you, or anyone else, so choose to respond, what do you guys think about the suspending, possible episode name, 'A time to Skrill', what it could mean, if the Skrill or Dagur is involved, etc... Also, I guess I might make another topic for the previous conversation.... I might name it 'How should Dagur's reign of Villainy end?'... Well, if you could spare the time, do you think you could spare the time to say what you think? I don't particularly want to make a topic, only for people to not use it or even like it.

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Skyshear
Skyshear

8) It would of beeen cool if Dagur and the Skrill would team up in order to get their revenge on Hiccup and Toothless. They both very much alike. I mean it would interesting to see if Heather could train the two to work together to accomplish their goal. They would make a cool team like Heather and Windshear. Plus it would look much cooler then dagur using chains on the skril i can imagine him riding the Skrill in thunderstorm using his crossbow against Hiccup and toothless as they fley together. Course as you know this did not happen, but who knows what will happen in the future. ;)
The Skrill would be a better choice then Shattermaster. Even a Nightmare, a nadder, or even the Triple Stryke would be a better choice than the Gronckle he got. He needs something as deranged as himself.
J. L. Polacek

Crystallion12

(Post watching Race to the Edge, Season Three. Major spoilers!)

So.

Dagur... Dagur the Deranged was a drama, in his prime.

First, he was an interesting, new villain for Defenders of Berk. He was the main villain.

Race to the Edge rolled around, and for a while, he's all we had for villains, and sorry for the Dagur lovers, but he sucked.

Season Two brought more comedy and purpose, so to speak, to Dagur. Those who were uncomfortable about the whole sister-brother relationship of him and Heather sorta unfolded, becoming much more tolerable...

And then Season Three arrived.

Dagur... He was reformed. Something I NEVER thought possible. But it happened. Big time.

In the very first episode, he saves both Hiccup and Toothless' lives. Said duo return home. They don't tell anyone.... Which I found interesting. So when Dagur shows up on the Edge, hoping to find Heather, (out on a patrol for a upcoming mission...) the riders are shocked, and understandably upset. As I said, pretty damn understandable. He trains a lovable Gronckle named.... I can't remember, but still.

When Heather finds out, she's in rage.

After escaping with his dragon, Dagur goes to the shipyard. To the riders' disbelief, (well, other than Hiccup) he proves himself...

And doing so, killed him and his dragon.

Now, it's not confirmed.... But it's pretty obvious. The Dagger, falling through the water.... At first, I didn't realise, I just had the doubt- I was kinda annoyed they covered the scene with smoke.... And then I realised WHY.

Dagur the Deranged died a heroic, noble death, Alongside his dragon.

We then found out he left a note for Heather.... And that's where the waterworks arrived. He reveals that he never killed his father, that the man disappeared, and he allowed them to believe he killed him for the respect of his tribe... He died by doing it, all the while knowing he would die, because he couldn't bear to let Heather risk herself. He admits he's guilty for what he had done. And the scene, and episode, ends with Heather in tears.

And on my bed, I am balling my eyes out..... So, that's Season Three of Race to the Edge. Dagur made his entrance on the ninth episode of Riders of Berk, 'Twinsanity' and made his departure for the heavens above in Race to the Edge, Season Three, Episode 11, 'Family on the Edge'.

May Dagur and his dragon rest in peace, and join the ranks of Valhalla, to be forgiven for every sin, and live in forever glory.

Crystallion12.

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

What!? Oh man, A Gronckle...Seriously. Wow. I really wanted him to get a skrill :(

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18

Crystallion12

Zero the ruthless
24 Jun 2016, 16:13
What!? Oh man, A Gronckle...Seriously. Wow. I really wanted him to get a skrill :(
Yeah, but Hiccup wanted to have him off the Edge before Heather found out he was there... He needed a slow, lesser dangerous and easy-to-train dragon... So... Yeah... I think the dragon's name was Shatterclaw, or something. He had this freaking adorable tongue thing.... But now he's gone... :'( Seriously, i balled my eyes out.

Crystallion12.

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

Crystallion12
24 Jun 2016, 17:11
Zero the ruthless
24 Jun 2016, 16:13
Yeah, but Hiccup wanted to have him off the Edge before Heather found out he was there... He needed a slow, lesser dangerous and easy-to-train dragon... So... Yeah... I think the dragon's name was Shatterclaw, or something. He had this freaking adorable tongue thing.... But now he's gone... :'( Seriously, i balled my eyes out.
I see...

Eh, why did Hiccup not want Heather to find out. I mean wouldn't it have been better to let everyone know he's one of them now?

...Still would have prefered a Skrill. It IS Dagur's dragon :/

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18