Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The DVD versions of RTTE
Topic Started: 07 Dec 2015, 07:31 (3095 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

OK, first off, this could be a false alarm.

While just fangirling around like normal, I spotted two images, that looked an awful (bug in a good manner) lot like DVDs of RTTE.

Annoyingly, I still don't really know how to post them on here, so all I can do is ask you guys (any readers) if you can go try and find them, and post them on here. I found them on Google Images, but the source was howtotrainyourdragon.wikia. I went there, and after going into the photos section, I found the two a bit down. Also, I found a ton of new promos, just saying...

THEY LOOKED VERY LEGIT, OK?! Don't question me... Please... :/ I beg you for mercy... :'(

Edit: Also, some of the writing on them is in another language- my brother said it could be German...
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I have some good news and some bad news on this.

The good news is that I can confirm that there are DVD versions of Race to the Edge. The episodes are also on iTunes, in HD! I know this thanks to Gh3ttoK!ng, who has both the DVD and the iTunes episodes.

The bad news is that both the DVD and the episodes on iTunes are not available in all countries - only a few select ones. I believe the DVD is available in Germany, and I think the iTunes episodes can be downloaded in the US - but don't trust me on this quite yet, I'll ask Gh3ttoK!ng tonight to confirm this.

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Crystallion12

Woo-hoo! Yes, and no, I guess.

I hope they'll release it worldwide eventually. It's kinda not fair. The only thing is if Germany and the other countries don't have Netflix, but still...

Either way, I'm glad that it's confirmed, and i WASN'T seeing photoshop like my older brother speculated. :D

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

The DVD is definitely released in Germany. I know that, because I live there. ;)
Germany has Netflix too, though.

But we also got RttE airing on TV. It started in November. The Cartoon Channel that shows it made some kind of deal with Dreamworks, that allowed them to air any Kind of Dreamworks Dragons related stuff (TV series, specials,...) for a certain amount of years (I don't know the exact number). And RttE falls under that deal.

And I have to agree with Crystallion12. It's absolutely not fair, that some countries get the series on DVD or even for free, while others have to watch it on Netflix.
I secretly hoped that our TV Channel wouldn't get RttE, because of how unfair this seemed to me.
(I probably was the only person in Germany to think like this ^_^ )

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Hey there! Did I hear my name?! :D
Thanks hictooth telling me about the thread!

Here the facts (Good and Bad ones):
[list]
[*] Yes, I can confirm there is a DVD version! :)
[*] Only a German Verison so far!

[*] Forunately the DVD includes English Dolby Digital 5.1!
[*] Unfortunately I could only find it here in Germany. ==> Amazon Germany Vol. 1 - Vol. 2
[*] Fortunately Amazon Germany ships it within Europe (at least UK, but should be all Europe) and also to the USA! YAY!
[*] Unfortunately it is region locked (Region 2). So everyone in the Europe can watch it without problems! Everyone outside Europe can't watch it on their DVD Player. On PC there are ways to watch it and to remove the Region Lock (to burn it on a new DVD), but I'm not going into how to do that (Google knows the answer).
[*] It is available on iTunes! ^_^
[*] Only iTunes Germany so far! :'( ==> iTunes Germany Link
[*] iTunes Germany sells it only with Germany Audio Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo 2.0! No English
[*] I work on a English HD version (for myself) by merging both together.
[*] You can ask me questions about the English HD version via
[list]
[*] PM (I'm not so much in here, but I should get an E-Mail notification and I try to be here more often)
[*] Skype "Gh3ttoK!nG." (but tell me you're from the Grapevine or I don't accept contact request)
[*] HipChat ==> https://www.hipchat.com/g7HWLnytk
[/list]
[/list]

Edit: A Give Away would be great! And for the record: Fox Germany officially sells it too ==> Vol. 1 - Vol. 2

Edit: Sorry! Region 2! (Thanks Iantje!)

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

TheBlackFluffyThing
07 Dec 2015, 22:42
But we also got RttE airing on TV. It started in November. The Cartoon Channel that shows it made some kind of deal with Dreamworks, that allowed them to air any Kind of Dreamworks Dragons related stuff (TV series, specials,...) for a certain amount of years (I don't know the exact number). And RttE falls under that deal.
Almost correct. Not any kind of DreamWorks Dragons related stuff, but all DreamWorks Stuff. Like the TV Series "King Julien", "Turbo", "The Adventures of Puss in Boots" and "DreamWorks Dragons" of course.
TheBlackFluffyThing
07 Dec 2015, 22:42
And I have to agree with Crystallion12. It's absolutely not fair, that some countries get the series on DVD or even for free, while others have to watch it on Netflix.
I secretly hoped that our TV Channel wouldn't get RttE, because of how unfair this seemed to me.
(I probably was the only person in Germany to think like this ^_^ )
But because they it is on our TV Channel ("SuperRTL" by the way), there is an HD iTunes version. And actually anyone can buy it. Both iTunes version and DVDs
And if you know how to do you can have an English HD version (thanks to the TV Channel "SuperRTL" - Thanks! ^_^ )

(For more informations about this: Contact me!)

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Someone may change the Topic, since it isn't even possible, but real (at least for one country, but everyone can get it)

Crystallion12

Ok, thanks so much guys! Yes, I have gone ahead and changed the topic title, to 'The DVD version RTTE' from the original, just to clear things up. No more speculating, I guess. But still... I want the DVDs!!! :'(

Don't ask me why, but I love to have DVDs on hand. Maybe it's Collector's instincts, but an advantage is you can now watch it anywhere at anyone's house- or your own- as long as they have an DVD player, you can watch it. This could be spectacular, say you don't have Internet! (Take note, Netflix needs Internet to run)

Also... GODDAMN THOSE COVERS LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!!

Call me crazy, but, wait... Aren't we all-

*Toothless slaps me with tail-fin*

Never mind!
Call me crazy, but I just love the covers of the DVDs!

On the first movie, stunning. Second movie- DOWNRIGHT AMAZING! (I have the standard Blu-Ray on HTTYD 1, but I've got the Blu-Ray 3D deluxe edition for HTTYD 2 <3 )

RoB Part 1? Standard.
RoB Part 2? Nice, pretty awesome with the fire.

DoB Part 1- It's now 20% cooler.
DoB Part 2? So cool I'm gonna die.

The shorts also have some pretty neat covers, but these...

These are beautiful... My jaw nearly dropped seeing these for the first time.

*Toothless buts in, evil grin on his face. I stare in horror*

Toothless: Partially because she thinks I look adorable and cool as, and my legendary special precious thing rider Hiccup is so handsome and attractive!

Me: WHAT DID YOU SAY?

And Toothless was quite happy after that.... It's true.

Crystallion12.

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Crystallion12
08 Dec 2015, 01:12
Don't ask me why, but I love to have DVDs on hand. Maybe it's Collector's instincts, but an advantage is you can now watch it anywhere at anyone's house- or your own- as long as they have an DVD player, you can watch it. This could be spectacular, say you don't have Internet! (Take note, Netflix needs Internet to run)
That's why I suggest a Give Away!
Because I definitely would want to have it for Collection. I mean I'm from Germany, but I have the German Version and the US Versions too! Actually just for Collection!
And what I also want (also for Collection) is an HD version of it, digital or hardware (mostly hardware because there the quality is better and I still could do a digital version out of the hardware version). I have a US iTunes Account too and bought all the HTTYD Movies, Shorts and TV Series.

Crystallion12

Yeah, but unfortunately with Give-Aways, they only have a limited number. :/ And it's usually in big cities in big countries, so... Yeah, people like me, especially with the young age thing, couldn't get it. :'(

P.S: Please don't feel bad or guilty for this, but I'm really jealous of you!! That's not gonna change the way I treat you or anything though- I would never do that. Well, actually... I have no idea. My life is best friends with fate, and they just love to toy with me, and I tolerate. -_-

Crystallion12.