Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New RttE Clips
Topic Started: 19 Dec 2015, 20:16 (8725 Views)
Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Crystallion12
19 Dec 2015, 14:13
It does... I'm thinking,you know how a Boneknapper is fragile underneath, withouts its armor?

Well, if you look at simply the shape, and form of the dragon without the metal, it looks just like a Boneknapper, without the bones-

So, now the question is; coincidence, intentional or cousins?

Either way, we have a name, an appearance-

Wait. They said one new mystery dragon... :O Which should be the Cavern Crasher... So, yeah.... More reason that this is a Boneknapper, who never got the bone armor. Done.
When did they say they would be adding only one new dragon?

My dragon den:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Neilandio
20 Dec 2015, 00:16
Crystallion12
It does... I'm thinking,you know how a Boneknapper is fragile underneath, withouts its armor?

Well, if you look at simply the shape, and form of the dragon without the metal, it looks just like a Boneknapper, without the bones-

Wait. They said one new mystery dragon... :O Which should be the Cavern Crasher... So, yeah.... More reason that this is a Boneknapper, who never got the bone armor. Done.
When did they say they would be adding only one new dragon?
Let's not forget about the "were-dragon" they promised us, too.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Were-dragon :blink: ??
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Hmm... You make a good point. I still think they're somewhat related, though.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

You have a good point, they could be cousins.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

draco
20 Dec 2015, 02:12
Art and Doug, back in an earlier interview about the first 13 episodes of RttE, talked about an episode where Tuffnut believes he's turning into a were-dragon after being bitten by one, then I think it was Art who muttered something about "the Lycanwing", which would be the species name of that dragon.

Fun fact: "Lycan" comes from the word "lycanthrope", which is a fancy word for a werewolf creature. It's origin is Greek. :)

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

draco
18 Dec 2015, 23:25
Looks like of like a boneknapper.
Crystallion12

Hmm I thought it looked more like a Monstrous Nightmare myself, but I guess all three do use a similar facial structure. I'm going to kind of repeat what I said on the main site here though. I'm just not to impressed with this new dragon. It seems a little lack luster when you compare it to what we've already seen like the Death Song, Night Terror, and the Catastrophic Quaken. The franchise has done so well at making each dragon feel unique, even when there using similar model structures on some of them. That personally I feel it's a little jarring to see one of them look this similar. I'll definitely give the new dragon a chance, who knows it may grow on me, but from what we've seen so far from the clip I'm not to impressed yet.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
20 Dec 2015, 05:02
draco
Art and Doug, back in an earlier interview about the first 13 episodes of RttE, talked about an episode where Tuffnut believes he's turning into a were-dragon after being bitten by one, then I think it was Art who muttered something about "the Lycanwing", which would be the species name of that dragon.

Fun fact: "Lycan" comes from the word "lycanthrope", which is a fancy word for a werewolf creature. It's origin is Greek. :)
You know this is the one dragon I'm the most interested to see the design of. I'm just very curious to see what it looks like and how they handle it.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

:D

I think we can all agree on that one. ^_^

Also... It seems like I'm causing a bit of... Conversation, here. Sorry. :unsure:
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Demonwolf002
20 Dec 2015, 05:13
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
20 Dec 2015, 05:02
draco

You know this is the one dragon I'm the most interested to see the design of. I'm just very curious to see what it looks like and how they handle it.
Same! :)