Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Theories for the Upcoming Episodes!
Topic Started: 05 Jan 2016, 20:38 (2611 Views)
Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

DragonbackVoyager
05 Jan 2016, 16:23
Hm. We did have a really long discussion about how tired Dagur's character was in the first batch of RTTE episodes, but maybe this slow transition out will be a good thing. I was pretty worried about the new villains showing up and just, for lack of a better word, wrecking him, but this leaves the possibility for some of his quirkiness (smacking, the trapper's traps, etc.) to return in the face of these really serious guys.
This gives us a chance to watch the Heather-Dagur relationship play out entirely, too. That surprise was one of my least favorite moments in the new episodes, so I'm interested to see if my view can be changed in the upcoming batch of the show.
Agreed somewhat, I mean I was fine with the Heather-Dagur relationship personally and I think it can work if handled properly. I do agree though it would have felt samey if the writers had continued the trend of new villain/s comes in and overtakes the old villain. Saying that though I was and still am somewhat tired of Dagur and his getting nowhere through his own ineptitude, and involving Heather more is also risky. She definitely came off as a little of a Marry-sue character in RoB, this season she was a lot better but involving her even more like this comes with that risk again. So it'll be interesting to see how this plays out and where they go with it. I would still voice the worry that this could backfire if the relationship between Heather and Dagur is overplayed to much, Heather once again becomes to good at everything, or if Dagur becomes to much comedic background to the new villains.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Demonwolf002
06 Jan 2016, 00:38
I would still voice the worry that this could backfire if the relationship between Heather and Dagur is overplayed to much, Heather once again becomes to good at everything, or if Dagur becomes to much comedic background to the new villains.
I agree with that completely, and I hope that it doesn't happen. :P On the other end of the scale, I'm also concerned about the Heather-Dagur relationship not being explored enough before the character(s) leave the show. By that I mean Heather using Dagur simply as a way to spy for Hiccup and the dragon riders without any confrontation of her problems with him.

But we'll just have to wait and see! It's SO close now, and the new clip with Viggo is extremely intense, which only makes me more excited.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

durandalfr
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Dagur becomes the rogue funny evil and Eather stays the rogue good. She is gonna save dagur at some point and dagur might have to ally with the riders at some point for an episode or two to counter the dragon hunters. Dagur wont become good, neither Eather will ally with his brother nor stay with the riders. Those are my 2 cents.