Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
rtte season 2 discussion
Topic Started: 08 Jan 2016, 12:59 (5318 Views)
ahmed hany
Dragon Egg

hey everybody here we will discuss the episodes of rtte season 2 (if you didn't watch them yet don't continue) 8) 8)
spoiler alert ;) ;)

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

I...I need help...
The ending. The cliffhanger of the century. I need more. :blink: Soon.
"Maces and Talons" was definitely my favorite set of episodes. I did watch it all in one dose, but I was kind of getting tired of Hiccup and the other dragon riders consistently winning every fight. The fact that Viggo has the upper hand at the end of these thirteen episodes is a little surprising and quite refreshing.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

ahmed hany
Dragon Egg

DragonbackVoyager
09 Jan 2016, 01:59
I...I need help...
The ending. The cliffhanger of the century.
yeah we will need to wait 7 months to know what will happen next

Toothless the nightfury
Deadly Nadder

maces and talons is so refreshing
even when he had taken the dragon eye i kept on thinking it was part of hiccups plan but it wasnt hiccup lost and now whatshisname has got a better map presumably due to the filiment

now why did hiccup bring the dragon eye along with him he aint stupid and knew thats what he wants
the only reason i can think of is that whatshisname said he would consider letting hiccup go for the dragon eye so knew or reasoned if he got court then it would give him a chance of escape

as for the new map i need to find the thread that decyphers the hyrogliphics to find out any words but

all the lenses point to the night fury in the middle so i reckon you need all of them to get night fury info as RTTE has to comply with HTTYD2 i belive the eye is never completed not in the coming 2 series anyway but the gang will get it back just because is wasnt mentioned in HTTYD2 doesent mean anything as its only over the corse of a week or so i think
i also think hiccup in the end destroys these perticula trappers by the end of the next 2 series

as for the rest of the new map i think it shows the location of all the lenses
one is on a ship with lots of arrows pointing at it this i think is the reaper and all its traps and things and the one that uses changewing acid the fact the eye was on the reaper is coincidence
you also have all the dots and arrows in the line towars the night fury this i should think is showing you need another dragons fire (or acid) to make it work possably every lense has burnable filliment thing that only works with that perticula dragons fire

theres also one lense that has no further protection to get to the night fury but two other protected lenses need to go through that lense also in the same airea theres arows point to and from the night fury this i belive means you need a nightfury to get to that lense mabey you need a night fury scale for exsample

i also think pink dots show difficalty to find blue lines are direct obsticals and blue arrows on lines or not show you need a particula dragon to burn away the filiment for exsample red arrows on lines possably means direct opposition note thats the first thing you need to get across for the lense surrounded by weapons this one is heald by the trappers i think notice lots of obsticals

the green river at the top also has a lense i wonder if this is the flighmare burning up the filiment

again i think orangey arrows directly before the night fury on the lense lines show you need one to get the next to get the next etc
i also wonder why theres a very perposeful line through the night furys eye

i belive the map was made very poposeful bearing in mind its the last image we have got for the next 6-7 months and not just thrown together with little thort

i was going to say a few more things but ive forgotten ha ha

sorry for the spelling etc ive been awake for about 26 hours now and im going to bed i think i will sort it out when i wake up again

a very goos series with only two episodes i diddnt really like
10 and 11

anyway what do you think of my map ideas

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

This season was amazing. I can definitely see ties to HTTYD 2. However during episodes I was hoping old favorites would return, but they didn't. Like in the seashocker episode I was hoping one of the scauldrons was Scauldy. And in the finale I was hoping that one of the dragons would be Torch and recognize them.

To see Hiccup defeated so easily is a build up to the second movie, where his "plans" ended up getting his father killed. (Yes I said it. If Hiccup hadn't gone after Drago in the first place, Stoick would be alive)

I am sure in HTTYD 2 this guilt will weight on Hiccup. He was born and raised as a "hero" who was invincible. And I see they did this for a REASON. Yes it annoyed us all to death to see him winning all the time but what it did was shape Hiccups personality into an over confident young man used to getting his way.

If you think about it, Hiccup has never had to face failure since capturing Toothless. This not only builds up the relationships, it builds up how Hiccups poor choices would come back to bite him in the second movie.

Look at it this way.

-Young, unpopular boy turns into a hero overnight
-Disliked by his fellow viking "friends"
-Because he is a leaders son, he takes on a over confident attitude
-He can't stand failure because he has never had to experience failing; you might say he faced a lot with his father, but no, I am sure Stoick protected him from serious danger

And in a way, I did see ties to the movie.

The seashocker episode. I am betting that seashocker is returning to Valka's Sanctuary. Why else wouldn't it have killed Fishlegs, who usually can't face a dragon on his own, and befriend him; even let him ride him? Unless he has been ridden before? Look closely, he catches him when Fishlegs falls in the water. Would a wild seashocker do this, or one that Valka had tamed?

Now for moments I am sure everyone will be talking about.

The hiccstrid moment in the second episode; that was sheer brilliance. But towards the end their relationship became strained. Possibly the most heartbreaking moment for me was when Astrid faced Hiccup after he realized she had been lying to him about Heather.

Another unexpected moment we saw was the jealous rivalry between Tuffnut and Astrid. It really showed just how much the twins hated being bossed around and treated like they were dumb, and it was humbling to see them make peace with it.

Now one I know everyone will talk about, which I wish they would have shown on screen, but no; Hiccup punching Snotlout. Hiccstrid lovers have been waiting for that moment from day one.

Finally, towards the end I saw Dagur as possibly turning out to be a good guy. Now before you cry out "No, he's a villian!" Consider that the one person he does stuff for is his sister. This could go one of two ways, with Dagur joining the dragon riders and becoming peaceful like Alvin did, or.... More like I think it will and have Heather really change her mind and REALLY betray her friends.

What leads me to believe this might happen is up until now Heather only saw Dagur as the person who killed her family. But once he freed her, I am certain something in her had to have realized that he was on her side and could be trusted. Now we always heard about "Dagur's crazy sister" but have we really seen that brought out in Heather yet? She does have that same mean streak like her brother. I think it would be interesting if next season she turned on the riders. It would actually be the perfect ambush; the teens believing Heather is working for them, the dragon hunters and their leaders trapping them, they rely on Heather for a rescue and she betrays them.

There are so many more moments that were brilliant story telling, but I'd like to hear what you guys thought. Plot twist ideas? What hints at the movie did you spot?

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Toothless the nightfury
09 Jan 2016, 09:27

i also wonder why theres a very perposeful line through the night furys eye
If you want my honest opinion; the dragon eye was not crafted while they knew about Toothless. Everyone is surprised to see a night fury, so that implies that the dragon portrayed in the dragon eye is not based off of Toothless.

You might have just discovered an easter egg to the third film.

EDIT: I looked at the picture closely. It could be a pupil or a scar. But what struck me more is that the image signifies everything relies around a night fury. Which means they are going to go after Toothless, because somehow night furies play an important role to this dragon eye thing.

And omg... I just realized...

The dragon eye doesn't just show where dragons are. It shows where weapons are, where supplies are, and probably where vikings live too. If you look at the map at the last episode, it shows axes and other weapons in one corner, a boat in another, the rest I can assume are instructions to which key goes to which island. More over, I think that somehow if all the keys are combined, the dragon eye might become a much stronger thing; I just don't know how. But I feel like somehow a night fury is needed to bring all the lens pieces together to form one giant weapon. What else could that picture mean? Thoughts?

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

If it is a Night Fury why does it look like it has Skis for wings?(Clearly Hiccup didn't draw that)

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Spoilers ahead!

So I've just finished the entire season and overall, I think it's the best one we had so far! The fact that I marathoned it speaks for itself because I NEVER marathoned a season of a show before(In one sitting I mean). There was 1 episode on top of my head I thought wwas kinda meh, and that was "Snow Way Out". To get it out of the way first, it wasn't bad and I did enjoy the gang getting their revenge on the twins at the end but it felt really filler-ie. However, it did brought an interesting point which was never explored and that's dragons being pray for other dragons. On top of my head, this was never disscussed before, so that's an interesting idea to introduce, even if it is creepy that some dragons eat others...

To the parts I like, I'm so glad Astrid got some more development to her and got to be a badass every once in a while to boot. I wished we could have seen her parents, as they were written into 2 episodes but got no screen time, making the threat... lesser... I think. I also liked her interactions with Tuffnut once Ruff was kidnapped, one of those rare occasions that you don't see. Speaking of the twins, I really like how they developed their relationship as siblings, that was pretty new. Actually, come to think about it, there was a really big emphasis on siblings in this set of episodes. Ruff and Tuff, the two main villans(more on them later) and even Dagur and Heather.

Okay, to Dagur and Heather, I kind of called it that he will save her in the end(They hinted to it twice, you just have to take the hint), but I thought the scene worked well. Major props to the conversation they had when he locked her up, I thought it was really well handled. I'm really glad that this twist wasn't just a twist last season and they actually played well with it.

Now to our villans. Raykor got more screen time, so I'll start by saying that he does serve as a threat. I preffered him to Drago almost instantly. He's got knowledge and power but he knows how to use them and when to use them, as opposed to Drago who just rushes into a situation and starts panicking when things don't go his way; this guy was kind of cunning. Also, I liked his interactions with Dagur, they helped each other shine. Now Viggo, oh boy Viggo. Probably the best HTTYD villan to date for one reason; he won. At first they were kind of doing the Drago thing of building him up as a threat to be afraid of, only this guy held to his word because, and that's something that I found incredibly interesting, he matches Hiccup's brains. Alvin, Dagur, Drago and to some extent Raykor all had the power, but Hiccup always had brains which resulted in him having the upper hand. Not only does Viggo has the power with his crew, but he also has Hiccup's brains which automatically makes him the bigger threat and again, he beat Hiccup at the end of it all, the first villian to do so thus far. Speaking of which, ballsy move on having the bad guy win at the end, and one that I appreciate.

Before I get to Hiccup and Toothless, can I just say that every fight scene was just downright amazing to look at? Best fight scenes in the show so far!

And now we get to our unbreakable due. First of all, "A Time to Skrill" was brilliant and easily on my top 3 episodes because it was mostly a Hiccup and Toothless episode with no bullshit. The two of them, on a chase, trying to survive together. Also, the scene where Toothless took the arrow for Hiccup... right in the feels, man. It seemed like they tried to make Toothless like in the movies, where he's a character first and a ride for Hiccup second. Not as well as in the movies, but it's there. Hiccup really got an upgrade in this season, and not because he's facing someone who's matching his skills but because he also got to be a real badass in some parts. I LOVE the scene where he punched Snotlout, that was hillarious! Also, he did a lot of fighting on his own, something we can see carried over to HTTYD 2 and that's always appreciated.

So to sun this up, connection to the cannon. It seemed like my little theory was right and Viggo's hunters are the first time they encountered people who trap dragons before coming across Eret. I also liked the scene where Hiccup shows the injured dragons his flying suit and they get the impression he's like them; as he says in HTTYD 2 "Once they see you as one of their own, even the angriest dragons can be trained". Also, like someone probably mentioned, this is the start of Hiccup starting to figure out his plans don't always work and he has to face the results.

Oh boy... if someone read all of that, thank you. On to the next season... whenever that will be...

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Uh...has anyone else noticed that HEATHER HAS A DRAGON EYE LENS ON HER BELT?
It's right next to her horn. I don't know if it appears with her in every episode, but I was just re-watching "Maces and Talons," and I caught it right toward the end. I wonder if it will be significant in the third season, or if that's just a kind of Easter egg.

Anyway,
hcsp1
09 Jan 2016, 18:09
Major props to the conversation they had when he locked her up, I thought it was really well handled. I'm really glad that this twist wasn't just a twist last season and they actually played well with it.
I totally agree. I said in another topic that I think Dagur could be a wild card in the third season, and I'm sticking with that. It's exciting that they did something that successfully revived interest in his character. Notice that we don't see him with Ryker and Viggo at the end, which creates the question of where in the Viking word he is at the finish of this season.

I would say that "Maces and Talons" are the best two episodes in the show's entire run so far. They are extremely well done. The lighting and textures have been worked on to a point where they're almost at par with the first movie. The plot was intriguing and excellently paced. The characters were fun to watch as they were all exposed to truly new experiences, problems, and situations- a big part of that was the fact that Hiccup has finally met his match with Viggo, but there were many other little things that made this a very, very good end to the season.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Does the ending mean that the Dragon Eye has the location of Night Furies?