Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Boulder Class dragons and Dragon root
Topic Started: 08 Jan 2016, 19:09 (1381 Views)
RiderofBerk
Member Avatar
Screaming Death

After rewatching the old Defenders of Berk episodes, I found something conflicting with episode 20. At the end, they lure the Screaming Death out with dragon root but it shouldn't have had any affect on it. Fishlegs said, "Um, if you recall, not all the dragons are affected by the dragon root. For example, as a Boulder class dragon, Meatlug is And I've said too much" Screaming deaths, like all whispering deaths, are boulder class dragons so they shouldn't be affected by dragon root. I might be forgetting something so can someone explain how it worked.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Hiccup said that "maybe Meatlug's rock diet makes her immune to the dragon roots effect."
It could be the specific diet of the dragon, plus it was a theory at best.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Do take note... I'm pretty certain the reason Hiccup used Screaming Death, and quote, Huge white red eyed Titan wing Boulder Class Whispering Death #Screaming Death....

The reason they used those scales, is because they're immine to their new weakness- Dragon Root tipped arrows...

Although the main factor they gestured towards was their thickness, I bet being a Boulder Class dragon may have something to do with it.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

It could have also just been a mistake on the part of the show. Either with how they did Fishlegs dialogue or with letting the dragon root work on the Screaming Death.

Crystallion12
09 Jan 2016, 12:49
Do take note... I'm pretty certain the reason Hiccup used Screaming Death, and quote, Huge white red eyed Titan wing Boulder Class Whispering Death #Screaming Death....

The reason they used those scales, is because they're immine to their new weakness- Dragon Root tipped arrows...

Although the main factor they gestured towards was their thickness, I bet being a Boulder Class dragon may have something to do with it.
RiderofBerk is reffering to episode twenty from Defenders of Berk not Race to the Edge. :P
But the main reason the scales were used is mostly just down to the thickness of them.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Skyshear
Skyshear

Well, maybe the screaming death was the only boulder class dragon that it affected by the dragon root. As we all know, the Screaming death is immune to sunlight, hence the Dragon root could be dragon nip to dragons like it and the whispering deaths. At most maybe it's likes the taste of it, and just liked wanted to eat. I mean according to Bork's notes, screaming death are only born once every hundred years. There are still things we don't know about it since it was not in the Book of Dragons, just in his notes.
J. L. Polacek

Rhonin
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Fishlegs could also be wrong. Since Meatlug, a Gronkle, is immune to dragon root he assumes that all dragons belonging to the Boulder Class are immune. That assumption may not be true.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Rhonin
17 Jan 2016, 20:35
Fishlegs could also be wrong. Since Meatlug, a Gronkle, is immune to dragon root he assumes that all dragons belonging to the Boulder Class are immune. That assumption may not be true.
That's a very good point. A similar example to this rule was the Typhoomerang, which could eat eels without being terrified of them and without being affected by the poison, unlike the other dragons would've been. I'd be interested to see other examples of these exceptions.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Don't believe everything Fishlegs says, kids. ;)

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D