Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hiccstrid?
Topic Started: 11 Jan 2016, 17:08 (1304 Views)
The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I don't mean to hate on your ship okay, so please don't take this the wrong way. I just feel like the ship is taking over the franchise. I for one want to watch dragons for the actual DRAGONS, I feel as though they focus too much on Hiccstrid and the dragons are now more like tools than friends to their riders. I don't know, I just kinda want to know if anyone else here feels the same :unsure:

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Well, I could make this long, but I don't think there's any need to. I'd have to disagree that the shipping moments in the show are trying to overpower the most important relationship of all, that of Hiccup and Toothless.
However, I will agree that there definitely wasn't as much character development between any of the dragons (besides the Skrill), which was a little of a let down for me as well.
If you've been reading the excessive talk over Astrid or Hiccstrid under the website's home topics, then that might be why you feel this way. As someone who quietly ships Hiccstrid, I'm actually getting pretty burned out from hearing all the ship talk myself.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

I agree... But.... We've kinda been asking for more Hiccstrid... So.... Dreamworks has just been following the fans, I guess? Besides, it's not like we haven't had dragon development? Come on, Astrid and Stormfly in Night of the Hunters? Just, generally Astrid and Stormfly! Also, we had Total Nightmare (once again spreading relationship bewteen Snottfang), the Zippleback Experience, and after that... Well, I can't really remember. There's just.... Flying. There's a lot of flying.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Crystallion12
12 Jan 2016, 01:39
I agree... But.... We've kinda been asking for more Hiccstrid... So.... Dreamworks has just been following the fans, I guess? Besides, it's not like we haven't had dragon development? Come on, Astrid and Stormfly in Night of the Hunters? Just, generally Astrid and Stormfly! Also, we had Total Nightmare (once again spreading relationship bewteen Snottfang), the Zippleback Experience, and after that... Well, I can't really remember. There's just.... Flying. There's a lot of flying.
I know it just seems to me like the dragons didn't have as much personality as they did in Riders/Defenders of Berk. idk that's just how I feel

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I've made no secret about the issues I have with Hiccstrid, but honestly I would say Hiccstrid isn't the only reason why the dragons get less screen time especially now. You have all the human characters, from the the ones the show has introduced to the main group from the movies, Heather and Dagurs familial relationship, then the dragons and quite a few more things to. Dealing with all of that can be quite time consuming on any show really. With that I would ask why you think Riders/Defenders did a better job than Race to the Edge has. Personally RttE feels much better on the Rider dragon relationship than Riders did. Now Defenders I can understand a little more that season did have quite a few good moments and episodes based around rider and dragon.

A reason I think RttE has done somewhat better than the past seasons though, is a lot of the relationship between the Riders and their dragons have been focused on in the background animation through out all the episodes. As an example whenever the gang is on screen just talking and you see a couple of the dragons within the scene to. Pay attention to the dragons and not the riders you'll see (In my opinion) a lot more animation from them then compared to Riders/Defenders. It gives the sense that the dragons are trying to follow along with the conversation and what's being done. It's a nice way to add more character and make them feel more alive, now with that said it's no excuse for not focusing on episodes centered around a riders relationship with their dragon. And Personally I'm still waiting for that episode that is entirely from the dragons perspective. It is a nice addition though, and I feel is an improvement on Riders/Defenders where it was there just not as prevalent as it is in RttE.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.