Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Bludvist & the Dragon Hunters
Topic Started: 12 Jan 2016, 09:48 (3174 Views)
Skyshear
Skyshear

This is all speculation since we all know that "Race to the Edge" takes place about one or two years before "How to Train Your Dragon 2". I'm just thinking that while the Dragon trappers under Eret traps dragons southeast of Berk, could the dragon hunters be supplying :drago: with dragons closer to his base of operations, wherever that is. Plus, some of Bludvist's men resemble a few of the Grimborn brothers hunters. I'm just wondering if Viggo Grimborn and Drago Bludvist could be allies since they know the advantage of having Dragons doing their dirty work as we saw in the two part "Edge of Disaster" episodes.
J. L. Polacek
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

While this theory makes sense in a way, I actually doubt that they are allies. Mostly because Drago doesn't seem to have any allies, just henchmen. All of the dragon hunters who work for Drago clearly are under his reign.

And we don't know much about Viggo, but he also leaves an impression of someone who wouldn't share leadership. And definitely wouldn't allow someone else to rule over him.

And Viggo's intelligence would make him a serious threat to Drago, because he could lure him into a trap or something to take over the lead of the Dragon Army himself. And Drago is smart enough to at least suspect that Viggo's intelligence is not to be taken lightly.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

Toothless the nightfury
Deadly Nadder

but diddnt the hunters keep refuring to 'the northern markets' as far as i know drago's fort is in the north

and they dont have to sell directly to drago just trappers who want to cosey up to drago better by 'trapping' more than anyone else

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Toothless the nightfury
12 Jan 2016, 20:37
but diddnt the hunters keep refuring to 'the northern markets' as far as i know drago's fort is in the north

and they dont have to sell directly to drago just trappers who want to cosey up to drago better by 'trapping' more than anyone else
It's possible, and this would be something the show'd be more out to do. Albeit the viewers/fans may have to make the connection themselves though. The show will never out right link the Hunters and Drago but giving little hints and easter eggs in different ways is a fun and pretty good way to link these two groups and the show/movie without coming right out and saying or showing something specific.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

On a bigger scale of things. I believe the real question is...

What's the North Market? More like who, though.

It's obvious that they sell... (Shudders) Dragon stuff, such as... Um... Dragon hide.... OH GODS I CANT DO IT ANYMORE!!!

Uh... Yeah.... Can someone... Err... Else? Help us? I don't really like talking about this...
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Skyshear
Skyshear

TheBlackFluffyThing
12 Jan 2016, 20:01
While this theory makes sense in a way, I actually doubt that they are allies. Mostly because Drago doesn't seem to have any allies, just henchmen. All of the dragon hunters who work for Drago clearly are under his reign.

And we don't know much about Viggo, but he also leaves an impression of someone who wouldn't share leadership. And definitely wouldn't allow someone else to rule over him.

And Viggo's intelligence would make him a serious threat to Drago, because he could lure him into a trap or something to take over the lead of the Dragon Army himself. And Drago is smart enough to at least suspect that Viggo's intelligence is not to be taken lightly.
Perhaps, but we don't know how long Eret was trading with Drago before we see him in HTTYD2. I mean at most likely Viggo would be smart enough not to underestimate Drago, if someone like his grandfather was killed at that gathering of chiefs stoick attended. At most, Viggo suspect Drago has something that allows him to control dragons, but does not want to lose his best client. Until next season we won't know what Viggo has in mind for dragons he hunts.
J. L. Polacek

Skyshear
Skyshear

Who just watched the 1st episode of Race to the Edge 3rd season? We all saw the brand the Dragon Hunters were gonna use on Hiccup. It was the same brand we saw on Eret. Either the Dragon Hunters are allies or Drago takes them over. It's just so... Interesting. :D
J. L. Polacek

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

I saw the third season today, and there were two quotes from Viggo that I marked down as suspicious. They both have no context in the fight between the dragon riders and the dragon hunters, and one in particular sounds like it could refer to Drago.
1. "This is becoming all too familiar, brother." Viggo to Ryker in episode 10.
Spoiler: click to toggle
2. "I don't want to rule the world like some people." Viggo to someone that I don't recall, probably Hiccup, in episode 13. Since I don't think that Hiccup's aim is world domination, this leaves us to ponder who it is that wants to "rule the world..."

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Indeed, I saw the branding, that had me screaming. That scene was one of the most powerful thing I have EVER seen from a kids' show. You don't need language to make a point, as Hiccup proved there, seriously, people these days...

I actually wasn't aware it was the same brand until I saw a comparison image on the HttyD Wiki. And then I'm like :O .

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

DragonbackVoyager
24 Jun 2016, 23:57
I saw the third season today, and there were two quotes from Viggo that I marked down as suspicious. They both have no context in the fight between the dragon riders and the dragon hunters, and one in particular sounds like it could refer to Drago.
1. "This is becoming all too familiar, brother." Viggo to Ryker in episode 10.
Spoiler: click to toggle
2. "I don't want to rule the world like some people." Viggo to someone that I don't recall, probably Hiccup, in episode 13. Since I don't think that Hiccup's aim is world domination, this leaves us to ponder who it is that wants to "rule the world..."
That was the sentence that convinced me that they work together, or at least know each other.