Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon Comics: Part of the series or not?
Topic Started: 30 Mar 2016, 19:26 (1613 Views)
Skyshear
Skyshear

I do not know how many of you have read these comics, but i thought i should show how many there were at the moment. Some of these are quite fun to read and have good stories and new villians as good as the TV series. I just would like to know if you believes these comics are part of series or not. ^)
Just in new comic that will be hard to find. Thoughts on this anyone/
J. L. Polacek
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Except for the last one, which is confirmed to take place between the second and third films, I believe they take place during various parts of the first and second seasons of the show.

Not sure where exactly each one takes place... but you get the idea

Skyshear
Skyshear

hcsp1
31 Mar 2016, 06:12
Except for the last one, which is confirmed to take place between the second and third films, I believe they take place during various parts of the first and second seasons of the show.

Quite right thank you. At most the new ones that are part of Defenders of Berk are probably after it's finale around where Dawn of the dragon racers took place.
J. L. Polacek

Thornrdrum
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Skyshear
31 Mar 2016, 16:04
hcsp1

Quite right thank you. At most the new ones that are part of Defenders of Berk are probably after it's finale around where Dawn of the dragon racers took place.
Actually, Race to The Edge takes place before Dawn of The Dragon Racers.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

On the comics themselves I've currently only read the first one. So I can't really give a definitive opinion on them yet, but currently I feel from what I've read of the first one I'd say they feel like they're apart of the canon series. Usually the only way something gets excluded as canon is if it takes everything really far off track. Like a lot of out of character things or adding in things that don't gel with the already established world or lore.(at least to me anyways) Which is why I'm holding final judgement on the comics until I see the rest of them, especially that final comic with the sorceress in it to see how they explain that.

On the topic of The serpents Heir graphic novel I would say that it can be considered canon even if the rest of the comics can't be. Reason being is because it's co-written by Dean DeBlois, and since he's one of the co-creators on the original movie and the main person behind the story now. It gives it more credence as being canon currently. It's not out yet nor have I read it yet so that opinion could change well just have to wait and see.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Skyshear
Skyshear

Thornrdrum
02 Apr 2016, 08:03
Skyshear
31 Mar 2016, 16:04
hcsp1

Actually, Race to The Edge takes place before Dawn of The Dragon Racers.
Yes, but i meant the flashback part where it most likely after Defender of Berk finale. :X
J. L. Polacek