Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
MEGAFAN: Dragons Race to the Edge
Topic Started: 24 Apr 2016, 07:43 (3352 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Agreed- considering the fact that this new albino species is going to be, well, albino, what do we have in mind for it?

One amazing aspect of RTTE, is the new dragons. One thing that put RoB and DoB so far below the new series, is that we had already seen these dragon's, and knew quite a bit about them. The Typhoomerang was a pleasant surprise, which is why I loved him so much- the only thing, is that I feel like his debate wasn't all that good an episode.

Sure, it's great to see characters development, especially on Hictooth, but...... Hiccup was so BAD. How on earth did he trust a baby dragon, he met not very long ago, more than his VERY best friend, the intelligent Night Fury? I feel like it was a bad episode, and DEFINATELY one of teh weaker episodes, which you don't hear from a Fangirl like me very often.

However, this turned tail over paws when we saw his next appearance. I immediately fell in love with the epsidoe. The only issue I have with it was the fact that it seems as if dragon's grow up like Lightning.... Which I personally don't like, but that's just me.

But back to what I was saying.

Seeing these new dragons is amazing. I simply love this part of the show- and sure, we have seen a rather annoying amount of Scauldron (why do we get so much SCAULDRON? Seriously!) but they are rather interesting and cool.... If only there was something NEW to them. Maybe that's why I liek their 'cannibalistic' diet factor. It's interesting.

On a minor note, That's another thing- suddenly, we have a million dragon cannibals. XD

The Deathsong and Snow Wraith have got to be my favourite dragon's from the Netflix series. Aside from the Groncicle, the Snoggletog Wraith, and a few others I might be forgetting, there's only one icy dragon species who's gained actual screen time- the Bewilderbeast. Who I absolutely LOVE, so it's easy to see why I loved the Snow Wraith so freaking much.

The Deathsong also earned a special place in my heart, for three reasons, the last being more personal-

Firstly, it looks like a Butterfly. AND ITS LETHAL. If you don't appreciate teh Deathsong's format that one percent or more as you could, look at it this way- Dreamworks COULD have made it like this; a cute, tiny, helpless thing that the heroes have to save.... And what they said? NO. NO. NO. ITS A HUGE, SCREAMING CANNIBAL THAT NEARLY KILLED THE RIDERS AND HAD THEIR DRAGONS FOR ITS DINNER.

Secondly, it's a cannibal. One thing I love SO much about DW, is how they take these risks. Cannibalism is something they touched on, right from the start, with the Red Death. And honestly, it fits right in. I really wanted to see that again, but NOPE, they eat fish, and teh occasional chicken. Meh..... I can deal with it....... 'Deathsong comes around' OH GODS YES. ITS BEAUTIFUL, SO FAB, 2 HOT 4 U, HES MINE, NFUHEUFHESJFERFUEFH H!!!!!!

Lastly, and this is just my personal stuff, he- or, I should say, SHE, is a major part in my Fanfiction AU. Her name is Melody. And I love her. Everyone loves her.

So yeah. I'm done ranting.

Back onto the topic of the new dragon thing; now, don't get me wrong, I love every new dragon, but I don't think I'm the only one who wasn't all too keen about the Armorwing. Now, I can't hate ANY dragon, but I'll admit it.... The Armorwing was pretty lazy in comparison to these BRAND NEW, special featured dragons in far away, brand new locations. Also, I still love him, but I feel like tehe was a bit more potential in teh Catastrophic Quaken's design. If it wasn't for the splitter jaw, and his awesome-as-Thor rolling ability, he probably wouldn't be that likeable for me. The same could be said for the Night Terrors, but in teh end, I just CANT. DISLIKE. THEM. ITS TOO CUTETTEEEE!!!!

So yeah, what do you think the new species will be like? Personally, I want something less cu and cuddly, and more, I'm-gonna-kill-you, deadly dragon. Maybe something that is kinda risky- something that could HAUNT your nightmares.

I picture a large dragon, pure white, but with some cool, pink, blue or redish fading on ist legs that look like pure energy. It has pure red, beady like eyes, and razor sharp fangs. Standing on four powerful legs. It has huge wings, that are sharp as a Razorwhip. It could have a deadly, kill you in FIVE seconds poisonous barb on its tail, or maybe some acid- that, or blazing hot fire, maybe it could have freezing death breath (I LOVE THE LAST ONE SO MUCH). It's claws can extend and become swords, (like the Exterminatiors in teh books); the dragon is EXTREMELY intelligent and fast, defensive, but more so offensive, because NOTHING can stand up against it. And this thing shows absolutely NO MERCY.

But that's purely my opinion, so, if you ACTUALLY stayed till the end here, firstly, congrats, and secondly, I'd be more than happy to read your thoughts! As they say, new dragons can only be a good thing..... So let's hope it stays taht way.

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

TripleH
Dragon Master

New video from DreamWorksTV! This time it's Top 10 NEW Dragons from Beyond Berk. Check it out! 》Top 10 NEW Dragons from Beyond Berk 《
FanFiction - Tumblr - Disqus :hiccup:

Crystallion12

Well well, looks like were finally going to see Gobber and Grump! Whoo hoo!

Also, what do we think of the new flightless dragons? We know it's not going to be the Speed Stingers, and I can't think of any other flightless species right now....

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Toothfly
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

baby red death? not sure how small it would be though

Crystallion12

:O Now THAT is a idea. For a good long while now I've imagined how that would turn out, I've got a story planned out similar to it...... But to see it in the show? Now that's what I call a treat.

The opportunities are practically endless, considering just how little we know about teh species.

Was the Red Death always like that? Is there more to her? A past, and memories? Or is it just instinct?

Also, the key reason here....... HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS.

OOoooooh boy. If I recall correctly, last time they saw a Red Death..... Let's just say things weren't very nice. The feels and clashing opnions would create such a plot! He lost his leg to one of the beast, but yet, there's this sweet (possibly small, id say it would be pretty big though....) baby dragon wanting to be friends.

Crystallion12.

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

Crystallion12
18 May 2016, 05:59
:O Now THAT is a idea. For a good long while now I've imagined how that would turn out, I've got a story planned out similar to it...... But to see it in the show? Now that's what I call a treat.

The opportunities are practically endless, considering just how little we know about teh species.

Was the Red Death always like that? Is there more to her? A past, and memories? Or is it just instinct?

Also, the key reason here....... HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS.

OOoooooh boy. If I recall correctly, last time they saw a Red Death..... Let's just say things weren't very nice. The feels and clashing opnions would create such a plot! He lost his leg to one of the beast, but yet, there's this sweet (possibly small, id say it would be pretty big though....) baby dragon wanting to be friends.

Question is: what would they do with it? There's evidence that it could grow up and cause a divide between the humans and dragons. Do they just kill it? Of course they wouldn't since that's not really their thing. Do they exile it? Try to raise it?
"Thank you for summing that up."

Crystallion12

I'd say they'd at least try to train it- after all, I'm pretty sure DreamWorks won't resort to that type of closing...... Not exactly the best message, especially on the lines of 'first impressions' and 'stereotypes'. I'd be extra disappointed if they did that. :/

Crystallion12.

Rush2112

[color=red]Dragon Pimp
[/color]

There is actually a good fanfic on that topic, but it's timeline is before RTTE.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9654470/1/ ... e-a-Dragon
Favorite quote:

Another Favorite quote:
"How many times has this kid been struck by lightning?" -Hiccup on Snotlout from A View to a Skrill Part 1

Co-caster of @BerkCast and our YouTube and tumblr
Hiccup Impersonator
Tall guy
Nerd

Crystallion12

Huh, looks good- I'll be sure to check it out sometime, thanks. :)

Crystallion12.