Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Rtte: Your Biggest Wishes/fears
Topic Started: 25 Apr 2016, 11:08 (2330 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Well, I think the title has it implied, just like that.

What do you guys think? What do you want to see so badly in RTTE? More dragons? A particular question you want answered? A new villain? Hiccstrid, even if it happens anyway? A certain episode or plot?

Personally, my biggest want is just for the series to continue being awesome; more dragons is what I want to see, Dreamworks- get on it! And... Please..... Be a bit more creative. 'Gives an apologetic smile to the Armorwing, sulking off to his dark corner' WAIT! I can expla.... 'Sighs.' I'll have to apoogise after this. Damnit.

Now, do you have any fears? Something that would ruin it?

Personally, I can't really think of anything; maybe it's because they haven't screwed up too often in the past, but I do think these two things would be crushing; Hiccstrid doesn't get real. Also, making new villains or dragons (sorry Armorwing, your kinda implied here...) feel empty and pointless, which I feel I can relate to with Dagur in the first RTTE season, possibly Alvin, too- and I'll add in the Red Death, too, although there's other things that back her reasoning up, (AKA, animal instincts) so I can't pour a lot of cringing onto her massive back.

So yeah, those are basically the only things I can see going wrong. My dreams have been displayed fairly well, and eww, just squished a bug on my sock by accident.... Ugh..... Oops, where was I? Oh, right.

Yeah, that's all from me. At least that bug didn't make a gorey mess.... Eww. :/

-Crystallion12

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BeyondTheClouds777
Dragon Egg

This is triumph! Race to the Edge season 3! The thing we've all been waiting for ever since season 2 aired! :D Honestly, something I'm really hoping for, and you guys have probably caught on to this already, if you've read any of my fanfictions, is Hiccup getting hurt. I mean honestly. After all the battles he's gone through with Dagur and the Dragon Hunters and Alvin and the Outcasts, I just want to see the guy get hurt.

(Sorry Hiccup XD) And those of you who've read my fanfictions obviously know this, because I've stabbed Hiccup quite a few times in the past...heh heh (sorry again, Hiccup). But yes. I want Hiccup to get hurt, and I want Astrid to take care of him (because...HICCSTRID! :D).

My biggest fear would probably be not seeing any more develop on Hiccup and Toothless as a dragon/rider team. 'Cause I mean, we haven't seen a whole lot of Hiccup and Toothless friendship in RttE so far, and I really want to see more of it. I'd be disappointed if we don't. :)

So, there're my two cents (even though I'm not tentative at my fears/desires for RttE at all, haha! :D) Go dragons! :D
Follow your dreams...ON DRAGON BACK!

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

What I want to see? Okay, let's be honest, we all want to see how Hiccup and Astrid became a thing. Even those who think they don't, they do but they just don't know about it. :D Okay, jokes aside: I do believe it will happen eventually since RTTE is supposed to be a bridge between the two movies, and also the writers said they "will not disappoint when it comes to that relationship". Then - normal (meaning not crazy) villains. Something like Viggo.

Which brings me to the second part, I don't want to see Viggo being another shallow antagonist, with little-to-no reason behind his quest of eliminating all the dragons. I'd hate to see that, so I'm hopeful they'll explain stuff. Even Hiccstrid becoming a thing should have a very good reason, I don't want it to happen just for the sake of Hiccstrid (I don't want to see it forced). For example this would probably be sufficient:
BeyondTheClouds777
25 Apr 2016, 17:33
But yes. I want Hiccup to get hurt, and I want Astrid to take care of him.
I do think it's quite hard to screw up Hiccup/Astrid bonding at this point... but you never know. :D

I can't think of anything else. Maybe I'll make another post once I come up with something. ;)
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'd like to see Timberjacks. There's nothing wrong with making new dragons, but come on. Use what's been given (from The Book of Dragons) and make something out of it! I'd like to see Snaptrappers too, but at the very least, let's have a Timberjack!

On the topic of dragons, I hope to see how Gobber gets Grump in this next release. In the first season of Dragons, he was faced with having to move on from his glorious past as a dragon fighter/killer, and managed to move on and become a dragon dentist. Now he'll have to take the next step and train a dragon friend for himself like he has in the second movie.

The inventing of Hiccup's fire blade and Swiss-army-knife leg would be awesome to see in these episodes as well. Hiccstrid progressing slowly into the status this relationship is at in the second movie would be nice, though I'm not concerned about whether it happens in these episodes or not because I know that the writers will show us more of those moments, just as they have in the past.

My biggest concern is if Viggo becomes another 2-dimensional villain with a lazy deus-ex-machina ending to his character (*cough cough* like Alvin's ending). I really, REALLY like Viggo so far because he can beat the protagonists easily with his amazing intellect, and in my opinion, is the best thing that has happened to this show yet. I'd really hate to see such a cool character get washed down the drain, so I hope the writers keep up the great work they've given with Viggo, and with Ryker as well.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
25 Apr 2016, 20:21
I really, REALLY like Viggo so far because he can beat the protagonists easily with his amazing intellect, and in my opinion, is the best thing that has happened to this show yet. I'd really hate to see such a cool character get washed down the drain
Agreed, Viggo has been a very welcome and nice breath of fresh air for the little we have seen of him thus far. So it would be disappointing to see that potential wasted by Viggo getting beaten to easily a few episodes in to the next season. I feel if Viggo's defeat by Hiccup and the gang doesn't feel worked for and earned then it will be a disservice to the build up for this character that we got.

Saying that I'm holding my breath for now, the show (in my opinion) has proven really well at introducing a new villain, but their staying potential is where they've proven weak at.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Skyshear
Skyshear

My biggest wish is that they would bring back the outcasts, particularly Alvin the Treacherous. He was such a great villain thanks to Mark Hammil. Not as crazy as the Joker but he gave Alvin his character. It would be great to see him working with Stoick against Dagur and the dragon hunters. :D

My biggest fear is that someone will die. I just hope it won't be Heather. I mean i liked her in Riders of Berk and she's been great thus far in Race to the Edge. I bet that's everyone's worst fear. :blink:
J. L. Polacek

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

You know, it's quite possible Heather will be killed one way or another. She's (been) playing a dangerous game of a double agent. Who knows, it also depends a lot on what she'll do in the beginning of the next season.
Another question is if they (the producers) would be brave enough to kill a character in the show.

Oh, I know what more I don't want to see - pointless and boring episodes where literally nothing happens. There was one in the latest series, but I forgot its name.
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Puff
26 Apr 2016, 16:26
Another question is if they (the producers) would be brave enough to kill a character in the show.
They made it look like Alvin was murdered in Defenders of Berk when Dagur made his Skrill shoot lightning into the water where Alvin fell into. I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to kill another villain off-screen, maybe Dagur or Ryker.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

I do have things that I want and don't want in the new season of the show, but most often, no matter what I say my opinion/prediction is, I end up eating my words. :unsure: Which I don't REALLY mind...because, y'know, that usually means I liked the episodes, but it also means that I probably shouldn't say too much. :)

Yes to:
-more Viggo. Like everyone else says, his introduction was really interesting, and I hope that they take his character deeper and don't write him off too soon (thinking about Alvin's two-season (?) screen time and Dagur's perpetual existence).
-more Hiccstrid. They need to step up their game if the show is going to flow seamlessly into the movie's timeline!
-more Dagur. Look- it just needs to be said that I have a great attachment to this villain. :P He's one of my favorite characters ever, regardless of the fact that his character did take a turn for the worse in RTTE. However, the end of the latest season (spoiler) when he released Heather has made me hopeful that he'll have a somewhat significant role in the struggle with Viggo if he ends up valuing family over his own goals/figures out that Viggo has no intention of keeping him around for long.
-a death of some kind. For DRAMA! :O

No to:
-er...ask me once the new season is released and I've watched it. I guarantee I'll have a few things for this category then. ;)

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

BeyondTheClouds777
Dragon Egg

Something else I just thought of that I didn't put in my last thing, and that was, I really hope they don't have Dagur form an alliance with Berk, like what happened with the Outcasts. I think it's awesome that Alvin the Treacherous is Berk's ally and whatnot, but it seemed a little...rushed. Twenty years of vengeance on the part of the Outcasts and suddenly...PEACE. I really DON'T want that to happen with the Berserkers.

However...we DO know that the Berserkers won't be a threat by the time the second film rolls around (else why wasn't there a mention of Dagur the Deranged and his band of lunatics? If Dagur was still a threat at this time, they would have said something about it).

So what I'm REALLY hoping is that somehow, by the end of the series RttE, Heather will be the Chieftess of the Berserker tribe what becomes of Dagur is anyone's guess but it would set the stage for the second film, as Heather is nowhere to be seen, and the Berserkers have no mention.

OOOOOOH, and something else I'm really hoping for:

Does anyone else hope the dragon hunters in RttE are somewhat of a foreshadowing to the dragon trappers working with Drago in Dragons 2? What if they're actually working in somewhat alliance? Dragon hunters and dragon trappers. It makes perfect sense. So I'm hoping for some sort of tie to that.
Follow your dreams...ON DRAGON BACK!