Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Do you want Heather and Windshear to join the Riders?
Yes 10 (59%)
No 7 (41%)

News- Highlight: Are Heather and Windshear joining Dragon's Edge?
Topic Started: 02 May 2016, 07:42 (1787 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

So, I can't really explain it that much.

The latest Dragons: Race to the Edge MEGAFAN video from DreamworksTV takes us on a tour around Dragon's Edge, which was quite nice. Go watch the video to see that; I'm here to talk about the latest news on RTTE.

As they previously did in the last MEGAFAN video, they sent a Terror Mail to Dreamworks.

According to them, we will be exploring multiple new islands, new dragons, a whole new tribe, (which could be this dragon worshipping one we've heard about for a long time) and, some new buildings in the Edge; most noticeably, a new Hut, AND, a dragon Nursery!

What does this mean? Well, those baby dragons we heard about on the last Megafan? Looks like they might be the Edge's newest members.

But most importantly, this new Hut- a Dragon Rider hut. So, unless we get a new rider, it seems as if Heather and Windshear won't be missing for all that long. AND, we might just get a new Dragon Rider in the Gang.

Personally, I couldn't be more excited; what about you?

If you ask me, this is great news, especially considering all the chaos at the moment, with the whole Comcast buying Dreamworks thing.

PS- Don't question the empty voting option... I don't really know how it works. XD

DRAGONITES UNITE!
-Crystallion12
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

While I'm not fond of Heather joining the riders (Heather shouldn't have a dragon in the first place, honestly), it's clear that if the hut will belong to a dragon rider, it's going to be Heather's.
But with Heather, Hiccup and Astrid together on the Edge... oh man, please don't do any love triangles. I've seen too many of those already! :P I mean, that might be an interesting twist to the relationships between the characters, but it's so damn unoriginal... and cheesy. I hope they'll come up with something new... if they will.

But it seems like there will be a whole new set of facilities to keep the gang busy... while Hiccup and Astrid carry out secret trips together. ;)
Hah, let's see where this goes! :D
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Really no one else is going to vote for the blank answer, oh well guess I'll be that one vote for now. :P ;)

More on topic though, honestly the blank answer actually encompasses my feelings on this pretty well. I'm neither for it nor against it, hate or like it, and I have no opinion as to whether it will or won't happen. It really comes down to my opinion will be defined by how the writers handle it if I'm honest. I like Heather's character for the most part and I don't mind all that much what they've done with her so far. That's not to say I don't have some issues with her character, but currently I've been waiting to see where the show goes with her(and Dagur, Viggo, and Ryker as well to be honest) But I have no problem with seeing more of her.

So I guess all of that fluff to say I'm pretty half and half right now. I can see the good both ways and I can see the bad both ways. My overall opinion will more than likely be swayed by what the writers do and which way they go with it all.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I kinda want Heather to be a close ally, but not really a part of the team?? idk, I just feel as if her getting a dragon was good enough.

If she is going to be fairly major in the show, I wont really mind more interaction between her and Dagur (plz no cliche 'you will never be my brother/sister). I guess I want her story to be more fleshed out and info on where she is during HTTYD 2, and if being a part of the team is the only way, well... I guess it could work.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

pinkpop002
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I don't particularly like Heather at all... Something about her character just ticks me off. But I also feel really bad for her. I mean, her entire village was killed off and she spent years and years living alone, learning how to defend herself, and seeking revenge. And then she finds out that the person who killed her family is her brother!! Geez Louise, if anyone has an excuse to be angry and annoying, it's Heather!! Hiccup is pretty much the only other character on the show whose backstory can compare. So, I feel like she should live with the riders on Dragon's Edge so she doesn't have to be alone; she can have support and know that even though she could go through everything on her own, she doesn't have to.
On the other hand, there's an interesting possibility that the new hut will belong to Adelaide Kane's character. I don't know the character yet, so I can't say for certain, but that sounds like something really interesting!

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Who? I didn't know we were getting a new voice actor..... Well, that certainly opens up some questions and possibilities, doesn't it?

In the end, I think she shoud join them, because, well, she's a Dragon Rider. They belong together, and having her on the Edge Doesnt neccassarily mean she'll be there all the time- even though that's what it's somewhat looking like, considering how much she was in the last season.... I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes part of the main cast.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.