Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Any news on 'Serpents Heir'?
Topic Started: 24 May 2016, 14:21 (2667 Views)
HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I preordered mine from a shipping company in the UK, and it should've been here awhile ago. Anyone hear any news? :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

The only news that I think anyone has is that it's been delayed, and no one knows the new release date. Some sites have even said 2017 - which I assume is just because they have no clue at all.

Have you already paid for it?
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

This has been a weird one (in my opinion) since the beginning. Considering the original release date that was being passed around was never actually confirmed by Dreamworks or Dark Horse(That's not even going into the deal with it's ISBN). And now that date comes around and we get nothing from them. Other than Dark Horse releasing a dragons comic on free comic book day, which seems to have nothing/very little to do with The Serpent's Heir. If it has been delayed it would be nice to get some confirmation from either Dreamworks or Dark Horse.
My slight irritation out of the way though, :P if you have already paid for it I'd see if you couldn't get your money back for now, at least until we get some kind of news from Dreamworks or Dark Horse.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

*Sigh* Thor's rear end, when will it be out? I want to (somehow....) read it!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Demonwolf002
25 May 2016, 05:45
This has been a weird one (in my opinion) since the beginning. Considering the original release date that was being passed around was never actually confirmed by Dreamworks or Dark Horse(That's not even going into the deal with it's ISBN). And now that date comes around and we get nothing from them. Other than Dark Horse releasing a dragons comic on free comic book day, which seems to have nothing/very little to do with The Serpent's Heir. If it has been delayed it would be nice to get some confirmation from either Dreamworks or Dark Horse.
My slight irritation out of the way though, :P if you have already paid for it I'd see if you couldn't get your money back for now, at least until we get some kind of news from Dreamworks or Dark Horse.
hictooth
24 May 2016, 21:41
The only news that I think anyone has is that it's been delayed, and no one knows the new release date. Some sites have even said 2017 - which I assume is just because they have no clue at all.

Have you already paid for it?

I don't think it gets paid for until it ships.
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

HiccupxAstrid123
25 May 2016, 09:57
I don't think it gets paid for until it ships.
Then I would say you should be fine, now you just have to unfortunately wait for it.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Skyshear
Skyshear

:O Just found out that they have pushed it to February 28, 2017 on according to Amazon. I can't believe that they would do that. I was hoping for it in may. Course i'm hoping that they might make into single issues- like making it a 4-5 part story. I hope Dark Horse does this for this summer. I just can't believe they would make us wait for that story. They better also publish that Burning Midnight story with it.
J. L. Polacek

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I don't really think (or at least I hope) that the Amazon date is correct. As far as I know Dark Horse haven't released any dates - so I'm not sure where Amazon got that date from. My guess would be that they just picked a far off date just to make sure that they wouldn't over promise again.

But obviously, I don't know any more about this than anyone else - and my thoughts could be completely wrong! ;)
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I found the real release date for The Serpent's Heir, February 28, 2017. That's not till next year... :'( :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

hictooth
01 Jun 2016, 08:02
I don't really think (or at least I hope) that the Amazon date is correct. As far as I know Dark Horse haven't released any dates - so I'm not sure where Amazon got that date from. My guess would be that they just picked a far off date just to make sure that they wouldn't over promise again.

But obviously, I don't know any more about this than anyone else - and my thoughts could be completely wrong! ;)
I've seen Amazon do something similar with other products, so I wouldn't assume that date is correct in the absence of any official updates. The silence is frustrating though. I'm quite intrigued by this project from the scant information we do have.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.