Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How will Hiccup and Astrid get together in Rtte?
Topic Started: 01 Jul 2016, 17:51 (4469 Views)
EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

Alicia
01 Jul 2016, 14:20
...hear me out guys: in RTTE Hiccup already has those braids in his hair that in the second movie we learn are plaited by Astrid. We're also told by the producers that Hiccup hates the braids, but leaves them in because they're plaited by Astrid... so does that mean she's the one doing the braids in RTTE?! I smell a secret love affair <3 <3 <3

(maybe they just didn't want to have to break the news to Snotlout? ;) )

... but honestly I just feel like it's a bit of an oversight - they don't act like a couple in Buffalord Soldier. Still, interesting food for thought so just figured I'd share it; let your imaginations run wild now... ^_^
That is a good point. I don't know how I missed not seeing those braids...
Ha! Yeah I thought about how they would break the news to Snotlout too, that could ensue with some comedy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

haddxck
A dragon from a Lonely Island

EveryEmpireFalls
01 Jul 2016, 21:51
Alicia
...hear me out guys: in RTTE Hiccup already has those braids in his hair that in the second movie we learn are plaited by Astrid. We're also told by the producers that Hiccup hates the braids, but leaves them in because they're plaited by Astrid... so does that mean she's the one doing the braids in RTTE?! I smell a secret love affair <3 <3 <3

... but honestly I just feel like it's a bit of an oversight - they don't act like a couple in Buffalord Soldier. Still, interesting food for thought so just figured I'd share it; let your imaginations run wild now... ^_^
That is a good point. I don't know how I missed not seeing those braids...
Ha! Yeah I thought about how they would break the news to Snotlout too, that could ensue with some comedy.

But Snotlout told Hiccup he was over Astrid and now onto Heather, and Hiccup could "have her". Maybe it is just a short-lived thing as long as Heather's around, but maybe he really just will say something about him always being there for Astrid if she needed a "real man" or something like that.
Quote:

Wobble-dy wobble-dy, drop into my grave plot
- Young Sandwich, the dopest of them all. Coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool.

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

Alicia
Rush2112
25 Jun 2016, 18:20
Honestly, the way they interact after Heather confronts Astrid, I wouldn't be surprised if their secretly together. But I guess we'll find out in 6 months

*Depression sets in*
I've been thinking about this... hear me out guys: in RTTE Hiccup already has those braids in his hair that in the second movie we learn are plaited by Astrid. We're also told by the producers that Hiccup hates the braids, but leaves them in because they're plaited by Astrid... so does that mean she's the one doing the braids in RTTE?! I smell a secret love affair <3 <3 <3

Well we do know they went ''exploring'' together in episode 3 <3

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

haddxck
01 Jul 2016, 22:35
But Snotlout told Hiccup he was over Astrid and now onto Heather, and Hiccup could "have her". Maybe it is just a short-lived thing as long as Heather's around, but maybe he really just will say something about him always being there for Astrid if she needed a "real man" or something like that.
Yes, but he continued to hit on her a bit... Like in episode.. erm idr the episode off hand. I think it was 10, where they were going after the marble shipments of Viggo's and he was trying to impress the girls while they were out following the shipment to Viggo's base

Alicia
Grape Master

EveryEmpireFalls
02 Jul 2016, 00:09
haddxck
01 Jul 2016, 22:35
Yes, but he continued to hit on her a bit... Like in episode.. erm idr the episode off hand. I think it was 10, where they were going after the marble shipments of Viggo's and he was trying to impress the girls while they were out following the shipment to Viggo's base
Yeah that's exactly what I was going to say ^_^
I don't think he's really that fussy- I get the sense Snotlout has two criteria only: female and age haha!

I had forgotten about the 'exploring' but he's had the braids since Episode 1! Like I said, probably an oversight, but it's amusing to think about- Astrid just randomly braiding his hair in that scene where they're sitting on the beach together or in the middle of the wilderness somewhere :P
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I haven't had access to Netflix since season 1, but you guys mean to tell me that they're STILL dragging out the "will they or won't they" drama that had no reason to exist in the first place? Good grief.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

KentuckyWildcat
02 Jul 2016, 03:40
I haven't had access to Netflix since season 1, but you guys mean to tell me that they're STILL dragging out the "will they or won't they" drama that had no reason to exist in the first place? Good grief.
Yeah pretty much, could be worse though it could be like Detentionaire where it took 52 episodes(mind you their has been 39 Rtte episodes and the next lot is 13 episodes)

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Evan Electric Eel III
02 Jul 2016, 03:41
Yeah pretty much, could be worse though it could be like Detentionaire where it took 52 episodes(mind you their has been 39 Rtte episodes and the next lot is 13 episodes)
If it were an entirely self-contained show, the dragging it out might still get tiresome but might not be as big of a deal. This is a problem that goes all the way back to ROB/DOB, but my real issue with the way they're handling the whole thing is how incongruous it seems with the movies.

It's almost as if the writers didn't quite know what to do with the relationship once the franchise kept expanding. It's pretty obvious in the first movie that Astrid is supposed to be the love interest. There's very little ambiguity about her and Hiccup's status by the end of it if you take it as the standalone work it was initially meant to be. Then ROB/DOB heavily backtracked on that for reasons that still aren't clear to me, and made them friends with hints of hidden feelings.

Fast forward to the release of HTTYD 2, and the promotional material was referring to Astrid as "Hiccup's longtime girlfriend". That was what we saw in that film as their dynamic was certainly one of two people who have been together for long enough to be completely comfortable with who they are as a couple. RTTE was supposed to show us how they got to that point and end right before the beginning of HTTYD 2 chronologically, yet at the 3/4 mark of the show they aren't even an official couple. That just isn't cohesive writing to me. Quite the opposite if anything.

Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Alicia
Grape Master

Could not agree with you more Wildcat: especially when they're described in the second film as being as '5 years in'- that just doesn't make any sense!

I mean, after the first film did Hiccup panic and backtrack on the relationship? I'm guessing it occurred because the show at that stage was aimed at children, but really, I've had enough of it. It's like freaking Ash and Misty in pokemon- just get together already!!
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

Alicia
02 Jul 2016, 04:25
Could not agree with you more Wildcat: especially when they're described in the second film as being as '5 years in'- that just doesn't make any sense!

I mean, after the first film did Hiccup panic and backtrack on the relationship? I'm guessing it occurred because the show at that stage was aimed at children, but really, I've had enough of it. It's like freaking Ash and Misty in pokemon- just get together already!!
Again, agreedddd. It's getting old very quickly and should've happened already if you ask me