Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Battle of the Riders; Who sings the best?
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2016, 08:47 (3917 Views)
HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 12:13
I adored this season, and yeah I feel the exact same way!

I will be really sad if next season is the last one- but I feel like it will be... I still haven't watched the two seasons of the old show, so at least I have other things to keep me going! (...also fanfiction...)
Yeah, I really really hope that season 4 is NOT the last season!!! I don't know what I'd do without it!!
But fanfictions lately I've been trying to find one that takes place in or after Buffalord soldier!! I don't know why but that just seems like it would be an awesome fanfic!!!
:hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

HiccupxAstrid123
26 Jun 2016, 12:47
Alicia

I will be really sad if next season is the last one- but I feel like it will be... I still haven't watched the two seasons of the old show, so at least I have other things to keep me going! (...also fanfiction...)
Yeah, I really really hope that season 4 is NOT the last season!!! I don't know what I'd do without it!!
But fanfictions lately I've been trying to find one that takes place in or after Buffalord soldier!! I don't know why but that just seems like it would be an awesome fanfic!!!
Yeah, there was one on FFN, where Hiccup was in her place. It was really sweet, but no where near as beautiful as the original.

I dunno, but i might do something on it myself! :D

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Alicia
Grape Master

Crystallion12
26 Jun 2016, 12:44
I simply ADORE Hiccup. He's funny, smart, brave, loyal, and HEL, is he hot... I would happily run away with him... Okay, maybe not... It depends. XD

STILL! You get the idea...
I would 100%... as long as I get a kick-ass dragon alongside him, that's got to be part of the deal ^_^
(honestly I just want it to be a cute dragon)

HiccupxAstrid123- I found it on amazon for around $20 but since my birthday this year is a bit of a public affair (turning 18 woo) it was pointed out to me by said person that I wouldn't want to be unwrapping a lifesize animated character in front of family and friends... have half a mind to get rid of him and pretend I'm dating Hiccup myself ;)
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Alicia
Grape Master

Crystallion12
26 Jun 2016, 12:51
HiccupxAstrid123
Alicia

Yeah, there was one on FFN, where Hiccup was in her place. It was really sweet, but no where near as beautiful as the original.

I read that one! Not as good as the episode but a sweet read :)
Love this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12015956/1 ... e-Help-You
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Crystallion12

Aha, I've read that one! It was lovely! :D

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 12:58
Crystallion12
26 Jun 2016, 12:44
I simply ADORE Hiccup. He's funny, smart, brave, loyal, and HEL, is he hot... I would happily run away with him... Okay, maybe not... It depends. XD

STILL! You get the idea...
I would 100%... as long as I get a kick-ass dragon alongside him, that's got to be part of the deal ^_^
(honestly I just want it to be a cute dragon)

HiccupxAstrid123- I found it on amazon for around $20 but since my birthday this year is a bit of a public affair (turning 18 woo) it was pointed out to me by said person that I wouldn't want to be unwrapping a lifesize animated character in front of family and friends... have half a mind to get rid of him and pretend I'm dating Hiccup myself ;)
Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 12:59
Crystallion12
26 Jun 2016, 12:51
HiccupxAstrid123

I read that one! Not as good as the episode but a sweet read :)
Love this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12015956/1 ... e-Help-You
Thanks, yeah, just read that one, it's so sweet!!! I'm gonna look for a lifesize Hiccup! Hiccup is just SOOO HOT!! Hey, maybe he should be called Hotcup!!! Lol!!
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

...Astrid is an awful singer ^_^ .

Plus she was so annoying that episode, so many dead jokes, oh my...just save me from them -_-

I say the best singer goes to either Snotlout or Heather, I'm leaning more to Snotlout though.

The Twins' song was hilarious, This is the reason Tuffnut is my fav char.

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'll review the singing by character.

I'm going to start in order: Heather.
I completely agree with you. Her singing was gorgeous, and by far my favorite singer in the gang. In the beginning of her singing, I thought she was going to play off of Valka and Stoick's love song, as the first notes reminded me of the melody in For The Dancing And The Dreaming. Her overall voice and tone quality rises above the rest.

:hiccup:
I was surprised with his singing. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting him to be a great singer at all. But he sounded really great. At the start, he sang tales like Hiccup would do, he was being himself, singing of his tale with dragons. Then I felt his tone of voice change from Hiccup to more Stoick-like as he tried to add an accent that an older Viking would. I'm not sure why that happened, maybe he was trying to sound more serious, maybe that happened naturally without him realizing it, or perhaps it was symbolic; his tale with dragons began when he was 15 and now he's 18, he's grown up and that change in voice may symbolize his coming of age. I enjoyed his singing because it was Hiccup being Hiccup.

:fishlegs:
Having sung short folk tales several times in past episodes, I was surprised he didn't sing in this episode. Using the pipes was probably an outside-the-box idea he had, and I think it was worth trying to see how the baby Death Song would react. One more thing to write down in the Book of Dragons! But going off of his singing in the past, I really like Fishlegs' singing. He sounds very professional.

:snotlout:
A manly song for a manly boy. I wasn't impressed with the songs he sang, but he had a good voice to counter that impression with me. I will say the song fit his character perfectly, Snotlout loves feeling dominant and above others, which is exactly what he tried to do when he first sang to the Death Song. And whenever he's scared or insecure, like when he was trapped in amber, his singing lightens up, trying a different approach to win the Death Song's trust in his favor (trying not to die). With all the songs the characters sang, I felt they all worked to reflect the individual characters beautifully.

:ruffnut: :tuffnut:
When it came to humor and creativity, the twins, especially Tuffnut, took the gold. With Chicken and the twins being the twins as the humor and Shakespearean themes as the creativity. The rhyming and poetic aspects to their song was the best out of the rest of the songs in my opinion. This song fit the twins' theatrical and comedic characters spot on. Ruffnut's voice was.... not very good. Like you said, it was a bit raspy, but it adds to the humor of her singing. Tuffnut has a great voice for the part, and I think T.J. Miller's acting background really helped bring out the great lyrics and singing in the end. Next to Heather, Tuffnut is my favorite singer.

:astrid:
Agreeing with what you said, Astrid only got one line of singing and was having a panicky moment. So I can't properly judge her singing abilities. I think there wasn't enough time in the episode to give everyone a scene of singing, so Astrid's moment got cut, sadly.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

I'm just kind of curious as to where Heather learned the song. It sounded like the type of thing someone would learn in their childhood, and I want to know if there's a story behind it! That, and I was awed by the fact that she sounded like a Disney princess.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Crystallion12

DragonbackVoyager
26 Jun 2016, 17:52
I'm just kind of curious as to where Heather learned the song. It sounded like the type of thing someone would learn in their childhood, and I want to know if there's a story behind it! That, and I was awed by the fact that she sounded like a Disney princess.
At first, I thought it was a lullaby. BUT, it clearly references to dragons... So did she just change it? Alter it? Made a parody? XD

Yup, TAKE THAT, Disney! 8) We got our OWN Princess!

And... Princess Outpost Hiccup, too... GAH YOU GET DA POINT!

Crystallion12.