Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Battle of the Riders; Who sings the best?
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2016, 06:27 (3837 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Well, guys, it happened.

We all pretty much heard about how there was a rumour on a 'musical episode' in Race to the Edge, waaaaay back before the first season was here...

And they did it.

Dear THOR, was I laughing, screaming, and in love with the episode 'Tone Death'.

For one, we got to see the DEATHSONG again- and, a BABY one. NEVER did I see THAT coming. And did I love it! Garth (I really dunno, twins named him...) is SOOOOO cute!!! But that aside, how do you calm him down?

You sing.

Translation....

Riders taking care of it + Baby, Amber-shooting Deathsong needs songs = Epic musical scores.

1st Song: First up, we got the AMAZING and heavenly lullaby from HEATHER, of all people.

And THOR, did she SING! I don't know about you guys, but her voice actor.... Her voice actor, I only have props for you! You nailed that! It was absolutely beautiful. Boot. Ti. Full.

2nd Song: Next, we had something I DID NOT see coming. It was at this stage, I realised this was a musical episode.

Hiccup, you are so lucky to have Jay Barachel as your voice actor.

And Jay? THIS WAS EPIC. Hiccup sings to Garth, the tale of how he and Toothless created peace. Along with the amazing lyrics, stunning musical score behind it, and the ending tone that he used, (although it was kinda deep for how young Hiccup is, I guess) it went down wonderfully. If I was asked to sum up the first film in a song to someone, this is where I would point... Before showing them the movie, of course. :D

3rd Song: Okay, now, TECHNICALLY, this wasn't a song, and I'm pretty sure Christopher didn't do it himself. But Fishlegs still provided a nice little melody... And annoyed Meatlug. :P

4th Song: My my, Snotlout, who knew you had it in you? While flying Hookfang, he starts off by singing about how 'I killed my first boar when I was a child', (which mayor may not be true) and, as to be expected, It kinda devolves into lyrics that kinda upset the baby Deathsong.

BUT, that aside, I cannot I'm saying this... But Snotlout- and who plays his character, can't think of his name right now- has a GREAT voice.

And this is SNOTLOUT we are talking about here...

5th Song: So, what with the failed song Snotlout produced, he hands our little dragon baby to the Twins. At first, I thought this could only go down badly. And it sorta did. They sing, about, well, don't eat Chicken.

This one is a HILARIOUS and composed very well. To match up with the raspy (not sure if that's the right word, but alright...) and somewhat bizarre voices of Ruff and Tuff, and the crazy lyrics and tone, it has a upbeat, silly type of music behind it. While the voices aren't the best, they match up with the twins, and the music perfectly.

6th Song- Final: Now, this one is like a choir, almost. Seeing no other cjoice, the Gang return Garth to Melody Islnd with the Deathsong. They get trapped, and all seems like they're going to die. BUT, turns out the Deathsong wants to bond with (supposedly) it's hatchling, and does this by singing to it. Tying into the plot, the Baby Deathsong, now used to the riders' songs, sings the songs that it doesn't like.

Hoping to find one the adult does, they all start singing. Now, America Ferrera (Astrid) has a wonderful voice, but singing.... Eh........ Not so much. She only had one line, and it was panicky scene, so maybe that's why, but still.

Snotlout stuck out the most, singing something along these lines- 'he's gonna kill us, I hope he doesn't' which Is seriously hilarious.

We end out with the gang being saved by the baby, and Hiccup frees them with his recently crafted Inferno- well, it's not quite finished yet- BUT, regardless, that's the case. Snotlout finishes up with a little reprise, now going 'he didn't kill us, I'm glad he didn't, now we can go home'.

So. With that out the way, which song did you like the most?

Personally, I can't choose. Heather has the most beautiful song and voice, and I could probably fall asleep to her lullaby, easy.

Snotlout had the most singing, and I found his songs good with the rhyming and tone.

Hiccup had the best LYRICS and story to his, and that ending, and besides, it's Hiccup... That's enough for any win.

The twins were the most humorous, hands down.

And honestly, I'd say the Deathsong and Garth were pretty good too! :)

Feel free to let everyone know what you think!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Alicia
Grape Master

I was so disappointed that Astrid didn't have her own singing scene but after that one line snippet I couldn't be too upset... I love her voice but agree that her singing leaves something to be desired... ^_^

Personally, my favourite was Hiccup's song; I was just about swooning- adore him to bits and honestly died inside when he started singing!
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Crystallion12

Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 10:50
I was so disappointed that Astrid didn't have her own singing scene but after that one line snippet I couldn't be too upset... I love her voice but agree that her singing leaves something to be desired... ^_^

Personally, my favourite was Hiccup's song; I was just about swooning- adore him to bits and honestly died inside when he started singing!
Agreed... Oh well. There's still fanfics.... Lol! XD

I know, right? He's so cute and hot! I found it so adorable how he sung with that tone of MEANING in it, especially when he cuddled Toothless' head during it. It was just so beautiful!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Alicia
Grape Master

Crystallion12
26 Jun 2016, 11:04
Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 10:50

Agreed... Oh well. There's still fanfics.... Lol! XD

I know, right? He's so cute and hot! I found it so adorable how he sung with that tone of MEANING in it, especially when he cuddled Toothless' head during it. It was just so beautiful!
You are honestly voicing my thoughts- I have half a mind to go rewatch that episode now...

I feel like there hasn't been enough appreciation of this new season: I'm actually freaking out over some of the episodes, and normally the fillers bother me a bit!
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Crystallion12

Yeah! This has to be my favourite season from the whole show... And for some reason, all these fillers feel like normal stories! After all, if we just had Hiccup and Viggo all the time, it's be quite boring, even if they are amazing.

Last season was HUGE. The Dragon Hunters were introduced, strong, and they proved that well. And I've got a pretty certain feeling that next season will blow that statement out the water completely. Especially if it does turn out to be the last one... Which I really hope isn't the case, I'd die. It's too soon for the show to end! :'(

Crystallion12.

Alicia
Grape Master

I adored this season, and yeah I feel the exact same way!

I will be really sad if next season is the last one- but I feel like it will be... I still haven't watched the two seasons of the old show, so at least I have other things to keep me going! (...also fanfiction...)

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I LOVED Hiccup's singing voice!!! I didn't think that he could be any more perfect!!! (At least to me, I have a MAJOR crush on him!!!)
:hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Alicia
Grape Master

HiccupxAstrid123
26 Jun 2016, 12:19
I LOVED Hiccup's singing voice!!! I didn't think that he could be any more perfect!!! (At least to me, I have a MAJOR crush on him!!!)
Hun, I feel ya- almost bought a lifesize cutout of him the other day until it was pointed out to me that he isn't real... by the boyfriend... jealously is not a good look on him -_-

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Alicia
26 Jun 2016, 12:25
HiccupxAstrid123
26 Jun 2016, 12:19
Hun, I feel ya- almost bought a lifesize cutout of him the other day until it was pointed out to me that he isn't real... by the boyfriend... jealously is not a good look on him -_-
Lol!!! Well I don't have a boyfriend, ( although I have a guy friend that says that he thinks ("I'm a bit obsessed.") so in my head I'm dating 16 year old Hiccup. I know Hiccup and Astrid get together, but hey, a girl can dream right?
Hey, where do you get a livesize cutout?
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Crystallion12

I simply ADORE Hiccup. He's funny, smart, brave, loyal, and HEL, is he hot... I would happily run away with him... Okay, maybe not... It depends. XD

STILL! You get the idea...

Crystallion12.