Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dead or Alive
Dead 19 (35%)
Alive 35 (65%)

Dagur: Dead or Alive?
Topic Started: 27 Jun 2016, 14:43 (3926 Views)
Skyshear
Skyshear

What are the chances that Dagur is dead or that he somehow survived? :huh: all i know is that all he had was a gronckle and he went headlong against the Dragon Hunters. If he had the Frozen Skrill, he might have survived but i doubt he did. No offense to Meatlug, but Gronckles are easy game for any viking. Dagur probably saw it as a way to atone for all the lies he made up about killing his father and for losing his sister, heather. Do you think he's alive?
J. L. Polacek
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I think he is dead. :(
Even though they didnt show his body sinking in the water.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Alicia
Grape Master

The only reason I feel like he might be alive is because of Heather. She didn't appear in HTTYD2 so something must occur for her to disappear- like leaving with her brother.
It doesn't seem like she's going to die because Fishlegs seems very unconcerned about chasing after Ruff in HTTYD2 so I feel like Heather will have a happy ending... unless she just disappears again which, honestly, isn't that out of character ^_^
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

I personally think he died... But he died a hero's death, as did Shattermaster. May they rest in peace... :'(

Oh, and I wrote a One-Shpt where he's dead, so... Yeah. That's my headcannon, unless it's proven wrong.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

I'm skeptical either way.
But when it comes down to it I guess I lean slightly towards dead, because of the symbolism of the dagger sinking in the water.

I kinda hope he stays dead, but if he does come back I hope he remains his new self. Though I am skeptical of that too.... :ermm:

Alicia
Grape Master

I too am leaning toward believing he's dead, but I really hope for Heather's sake that I'm wrong... -_-
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Oh I cried my eyes out but he's still around you only saw his knife go down I loved his character so mad and insane lol like the twins

Alicia
Grape Master

Pipwizard
01 Jul 2016, 14:04
Oh I cried my eyes out but he's still around you only saw his knife go down I loved his character so mad and insane lol like the twins
How can you be so sure?! I really don't want him to be gone :( :(

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

General rule of fiction is if you don't see the character die on screen or you don't see the body afterwards, then they're not dead. This is so prevalent that there's even a trope associated with it Never Found the Body really there's more than one but that one is most applicable here. There are exceptions to this rule don't get me wrong there, 99.9% of the time though if you think a characters dead and you don't see one of the above assume they're alive until otherwise stated. I will say that if this does turn out to be the end for Dagur I would tip my helmet to the writers and creators behind the show.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Alicia
Grape Master

I suppose that's true, but we've never seen a dead body on RTTE before and I feel like that's due to the child section of the audience... Would they be willing to show a dead body? We didn't see them in Buffalord Soldier (although I feel like this actually aided in the eerieness of the scene)