Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Favourite episode of all the series
Topic Started: 02 Jul 2016, 14:08 (3161 Views)
Pipwizard
Gronckle

Ok I have loads but a favourite bit has to be wear toothless wants hiccup to go with him and grabs his leg but it comes of and he's still running, and astrid says how far do you think he will go before he realises lol lol lol
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Buffalord Solider was my favorite, Tone Death was my second favorite.
:hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Pipwizard
02 Jul 2016, 18:08
Ok I have loads but a favourite bit has to be wear toothless wants hiccup to go with him and grabs his leg but it comes of and he's still running, and astrid says how far do you think he will go before he realises lol lol lol
HiccupxAstrid123
02 Jul 2016, 18:57
Buffalord Solider was my favorite, Tone Death was my second favorite.
Those are mg favorites also. And i would have to add epidode 11 of this season.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I can't remember much of RoB or DoB, but "Maces and Talons parts 1 and 2" were my very favorites in RttE. "The Next Big Sting" was my second favorite. I know I'm partial to Speed Stingers, but I liked the introduction to dragon evolution.

EveryEmpireFalls
Hatchling

Buffalord was my favorite because of :astrid: & :hiccup:
Episode 11, season 3 was my second because it was well written and the plight of losing Dagur for Heather

mypartnerHiccup
Hiccup's Partner

I like ALL OF THE EPISODES!!!!! <3
From RoB to Dob to season 3 of RttE!!!!!!!! <3 :)

I really hope they make a SEASON 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :) <3 ^_^

:hiccup: <3 :astrid: <3 :) <3
"Once a Partner, Always a Partner!"
Hiccup is mine! and Mine Alone!!
This is mypartnerHiccup signing off.

Alicia
Grape Master

mypartnerHiccup
03 Jul 2016, 12:51
I like ALL OF THE EPISODES!!!!! <3
From RoB to Dob to season 3 of RttE!!!!!!!! <3 :)

I really hope they make a SEASON 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :) <3 ^_^

:hiccup: <3 :astrid: <3 :) <3
You are slowly becoming my favourite person ever
"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon..." ~ Valka, How To Train Your Dragon 2

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

EveryEmpireFalls
03 Jul 2016, 03:19
Buffalord was my favorite because of :astrid: & :hiccup:
Episode 11, season 3 was my second because it was well written and the plight of losing Dagur for Heather
True, I almost forgot about that episode, so many feels!!!

HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Have to admit I love them all but some just stick out um my fav in the latest not too sure yet only watched them once so far yes yes I know I've been busy searching for employment lol but I do love it all all tho I tell you abit that make my eyes water and gets me lol is the gift of the night fury is when lol hiccup comes out to see what toothless is doing hiccups laughs then slips on that ice I laugh so hard on that lol lol lol 'stupid leg' 😆😆😆😆

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Alright, now, firstly, i want to say these things...

Dishonourable mentions- I DO NOT hate ANY of these episodes, BUT, there are things that get on my nerves for each.

If your favourite episode isn't where you want it, that's fine. i'm glad you like it.

Lastly, THIS IS ALL MY OPINIONS.

Now, on with the post; Dragonites, Fangirls, may i present to you, my Top Ten Episodes of Dreamworks: Dragons! :)

WARNING: Oh- and obviously, Spoilers, for the entire show, and franchise, quite a few of them HUGE Spoilers, so yeah. You've been warned...

Regardless, i hope you enjoy!

10. Buffalord Soldier.
Episode 5, Season 3, Race To The Edge. (Otherwise part one of Season Four in the series as a whole)

Three things mainly brought my liking on this; The realism (Scourge of Odin, and the dead vikings); The Buffalord dragon; And, because you'll all kill me if i don't say it, the :hiccup: <3 :astrid: and those feels. Now, i understand why you might be in disbelief, or even angered by the low place this is on the list; but i have my reasoning. To me, this was a wasted oppurtunity to get Hiccstrid together. AND, if it turns out this episode led to that in a secret relationship, then my respect for this episode may increase. But, what i really love is the scourge, and the concept of EXTINCT dragons. BUT, because of that wasted opportunity, in a sense, this only gets number ten. Doesn't mean i can't say this, though; :astrid: <3 :hiccup: FOREVER! OTP TIME!

9. Tone Death.
Episode 9, Season 3, Race To The Edge. (Otherwise part one of Season Four in the series as a whole)

Alright, do i even need to EXPLAIN? This one is one of my ultimate favourites, for two reasons; the epic music of the riders, and just the general soundtrack used; and, the return of the Deathsongs, with a BABY Deathsong- OH, SOMEONE HURRY UP AND MAKE A PLUSHY OUT OF THIS! PLEASE! IT'S TOO CUTE AND CUDDLY TO NOT! Also, i love the little bits of Heather's feelings in here, very understandable, and for me, I can sympathise... Yeah, my life sucks. Also, comedy is smooth and fitting here, which i much prefer over 'forced' comedy.

8. A Time To Skrill.
Episode 11, Season 2, Race To The Edge. (Otherwise part two of Season Three in the series as a whole)

Ah, the Skrill. I remember when i first saw this strike class dragon; and i immediately fell in love. It's interesting, powerful, and so much like the Night Fury- AKA Toothless- but not. He didn't get the love and trust Toothless did, rather, he was trapped and frozen for who knows how long, and he didn't exactly get it any easier when he was freed. It's understandable he was downright FURIOUS when he managed to escape afterwards. Wanting vengeance on Hiccup and Toothless feels even more so, and what took the cake for me here, was Hiccup's humanity and sense. He didn't just 'lower him in' without a single care. No, he was distressed by his choice, knowing what he'd done was no better than the Dragon Hunters, so, they freed him, and the magnificent beast showed his respect and left in peace. Truly magnificent, Dreamworks, and we're only on Number Eight!

7. Defiant One.
Episode 16, Season 1, Riders Of Berk.

I feel like this should be higher on the list, simply because i love it so much. It was honestly challenging for me to decide whether or not this should be in sixth or seventh place, but settled for this. But simply put, this was THE episode that had me actually liking Snotlout, and not really just seeing an arrogant, snobby and rude Viking. It also sealed the actual 'friendship' between Snotlout and Hiccup, and although it doesn't really last for when Cast Out, Part 1 rolls around, this really was a milestone in the show, and the characters.

6. Portrait Of Hiccup As A Buff Young Man.
Episode 8, Season 1, Riders Of Berk.

Ah, where to begin. Firstly, let's just have a giggle at that title, even if it doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. Now, what makes this is the :hiccup: & :stoick: son-father relationship. Hiccup wanting to prove himself is understandable, relatable, and in-character for him. Stoick being oblivious is pretty annoying at first, but to see and hear his terror for Hiccup... Powerful. Hiccup's intelligence in this is very relieving and good to see, after you get episodes like The Terrible Twos... Which i will expand upon briefly in my 'Dishonourable mentions' later on.

5. What Flies Beneath.
Episode 14, Season 1, Riders Of Berk.

Ohhhhh gods. Hictooth- brotherly, mind you- feels here! This is one of my favourite episodes, and not just for introducing a wild, vicious and extremely vengeful dragon, Toothless' Rival (The Whispering Death), but, for the obvious character development here. Expressions of the characters, and the voice-actor's lines, i feel, actually shine in this episode, overlooking the rest of RoB, which is well known for its... Not so good animation quality, and in a way, lack of personality in the riders, as some like to poke at. It also raises the question, that has become a plot point for quite a few fanfictions- what happened between them, in the first place? A simple fight, or misunderstanding? Family relations? Another option could be considered a natural hate between their species, but... Yeah... Every other time they've encountered them, it's not really a 'natural' hate he has, especially in RTTE.

4. Race To Fireworm Island.
Episode 5, Season 2, Defenders Of Berk.

OKAY, GRAB THE TISSUE BOX! Yes, there is a trend here- I'm one for the tear-jerkers and the deep episodes, sorry guys. But, in full seriousness, THIS episode really made Snotlout my third favourite member of the gang, just behind Astrid, possibly in a tie (and, if she doesn't get some valid development, she might get overshadowed, sadly). This GEM of a episode brings not only tears, but that ache in the chest you only get when you are balling your eyes out, or, at least internally. NEVER, except for Hiccup and Toothless in HttyD 2, have i respected a dragon-rider relationship on a hurt and negative emotion chart. This episode is hard to watch at times, because it is so sad. Good thing i had already seen the HttyD 2 trailers at this stage, so i knew pre-hand that our little Hookster wouldn't die. Phew!

3. Enemy Of My Enemy.
Episode 1, Season 3, Race To The Edge (Otherwise part one of Season Four in the series as a whole)

In the two amazing years I've been a fangirl of HttyD, NEVER did i expect to see Dagur reformed, especially like this, in such an amazing way! This was a BRILLIANT premiere to the third season, and It's got to be my favourite season opener, with Dragon Eye of The Beholder behind it quite a fair way away. I had expected to see a Two-Parter Premiere, and Hel, I'm no where near mad at the fact it isn't. Hiccup wasn't ridiculously naive here, either, which i simply love, considering what happened in you know what movie... It led to this guy- :stoick: - being sent to Valhalla. Also, i find it satisfactory about just how upsetted and paranoid Hiccup became after Viggo. As Dagur said, 'he changes you', and honestly, a lot of things he said in the episode were stunning. I screamed, when Hiccup was nearly BRANDED, in a kid's TV show! And the venom and pure hate, the malice and vicious tone in his voice when Dagur ran off... Who needs swearing, folks, when Jay Baruchel's on hand?

2. Maces And Talons, Part Two.
Episode 13, Season Two, Race To The Edge (Otherwise part two of Season Three in the series as a whole)

Dear THOR. Where do i begin? Not only were we introduced to Viggo Grimborn, the single-most best villain we've ever seen, but Hiccup was defeated! Outsmarted. This is the very first time this has happened, EVER. It's so different from what you usually see in a TV show, or movie. Hel, I'll go the stretch to say that Viggo beats the crap out of most 'amazing' villains we see everyday in casual, adult shows and films, that are supposedly more thought-out and deep than what a kid watches. Also, the sheer amount of amazing visuals in this was astonishing, to me.

Now, before i dive into our number one spot, which I'm sure all of you probably have guessed by now, i want to make some 'Honourable' and 'Dishonourable' mentions. By all means, i do not hate any of these episodes, they just annoy me... A lot.

Honourable Mentions:

11. Reign Of The Fireworms- Ep.7, S.1, RttE- This episode gets on here at a close eleven, purely for the fact it wins the BEST comedy award, courtesy of the Twins. Although some of it is kinda forced feeling, if you ask for my honest opinion.

12. Stryke Out- Ep.8, S.3, RttE- Toothless' little... Mental... Moment, which had me downright terrified, and amazed by the symbolic-ness of it all when it turned out safely. It reminds us that Toothless, is, well, still a lethal and dangerous Night Fury. Seriously, though,the movements, the red eyesight... Chilling to the bone, that was. Also, the arena thing is such a deep and dark thing... When you think into it. Thank goodness the five-year old kids don't realise the implications of 'the Triple Stryke wins too many times' and just what 'winning' translates into for those victims...

13. Bad Moon Rising- Ep.4, S.2, RttE- Always good to see character development of the twins, and honestly, this one is much better than Twinsanity, or any other titles i can think of.

14. A Grim Retreat- Ep.6, S.3, RttE- EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! FORESHADOWING HTTYD 2 AND MATURE AND CREEPY DRAGONS COMING THROUGH!

15. The Eel Effect- Ep.16, S.2, Defenders Of Berk- Well... Now we know why they don't like eels.

Dis-Honourable Mentions:

3. Follow The Leader- Ep.3, S.3, RttE- Ooooh! Albino Night Terrors! Let's get Astrid or Hiccup in ther... Never mind. But seriously, do we really need another Fishlegs episode? Not complaining, just... -_- So yeah. Thank gods that we got one of the most interesting and new dragon species- more or less- out there!

2. Snow Way Out- Ep.7, S.2, RttE- *Watching the episode* Hmm... There's something... Ooh, more Snow Wraiths! But... Wait... There's something about this that just screams 'FILLER FOR EVERY OBVIOUS SECOND' for some, odd, completely confusing reason... Hmmmmmm... *Face-palm* They pretty much didn't even attempt to be discreet here.

1. The Terrible Twos- Ep.4, S.1, Riders Of Berk- *Takes a deep breath* HICCUP WOULD NEVER PUT ANYONE OVER TOOTHLESS! ANYONE! >:( (be grateful Torch is cute)

Now... *Drum-roll* To Number One!

1. Family On The Edge.
Episode 11, Season 3, Race To The Edge (Otherwise part one of Season Four in the series as a whole)

Yup, we all saw this one coming- or, well, at least, most of you, if you've heard some of my latest comments on the episode. I've already touched on the main highlight of this episode in another Topic, 'Let's Talk About Dagur The Deranged...', so I'll keep this short. Ten magnificent episodes after his redemption, we get this episode about Dagur- and Heather- which may very well be his last one, ever. Dagur trains his Gronckle, 'Shattermaster' and dives head on into battle, sacrificing his (and his dragons) lives to save the rider. This episode is a masterpiece, a rare sight among the ranks of kids' TV shows, and honestly, I've never cried so much for a villain- redeemed or not- that has passed away. RIP Dagur, Shattermaster. You will be remembered.

DRAGONITES UNITE!
-Crystallion12

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.