Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Everyday Life On Berk
Topic Started: 01 Dec 2016, 00:23 (5651 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

In the movies and episodes, we see what happens with the battles and exploration. But what about the mundane tasks?

Do the dragon riders get scolded by their parents to clean their rooms?
Does Astrid's mother try to teach her to do housekeeping?
Who makes the candles, the soap, the clothes, and the furniture, when we really don't see much in the way of shops?
We don't see them eat too many kinds of food. I know Hiccup says the food isn't very good, but surely they eat more than two or three kinds. What makes a meal on Berk?

I'm especially interested in the single dad dynamic for Hiccup and Stoick.

Did they hire someone to do those chores, or did Stoick do all the cooking and cleaning?
Did Stoick tuck Hiccup into bed every night when he was little?
Did Stoick sing songs to comfort baby Hiccup after baby Hiccup couldn't find his mommy anymore?
Did Stoick the Vast wash Hiccup's underwear?
Clouds of corn <3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

i was actually wondering this myslef like we never see the gang interct with their parents at home or see the actual day to to day things in the hooligan village. all we see is the fighting and fun things. it would be intresting to get a few episodes about normal life on berk and how the markets are run how the gang passes time when they are not out looking for trouble

for example what happened the two months that hiccup was aout by himslef looking for viggo and the dragon eye while everyone else just layed around and did nothing

OC: Oliver and Storm

motoxjoel
Snoggletog Wraith

It would be a unique episode to have something like this, however how will appeal to the younger audience. Since a big proportion of the films audience is younger kids and I don't think they really want to do a How to clean the dishes episode. ;)

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

they could do a whole episode of hiccup actually being cheif for a day and actually have to help the people of berk, not like how they show it where he just runs around telling the gang to do things for him.

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

I kinda wonder if Astrid has had to babysit before.
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

o.o That would be... interesting. In a crazy way.
"Well, perhaps none of this would have happened if you were doing your job and respectively sitting on the baby!" XD
But I don't really think Astrid would babysit, unless it was baby dragons. I just can't see her doing that. xP
Bear the flame

Cottonflower2
PROcrastinator

For some reason, I just feel like Astrid is one of those people who just is not fond of babies at all (sorta like me loldon'tkillme), but once she spends some time with one (babysitting or whatever), it starts to grow on her. I dunno, just a random headcanon that's popped into my head more than once.
...Also, how did we get on the topic of Astrid and babies like this? XD

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

I wonder if Stoick sews. I was just looking at Hiccup in HTTYD1. Though his clothes are nothing fancy, there's still some nice stitchwork, especially on his sleeves. It's obvious that he doesn't wear Stoick's old clothes, since those would never fit him, so who makes Hiccup's clothes?

If Stoick did take up sewing, I still don't anticipate him doing little fancy things. Maybe some of the older ladies in the village help Stoick out with things like that? Or maybe Stoick takes Hiccup clothes shopping and he makes Hiccup model everything he tries on.

"Now, Hiccup, turn slowly. No, the other way. Now puff out your chest... oh, you already did?"
Clouds of corn <3

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

I agree. We haven’t met the parents of Astrid, Fishlegs, or the Twins. That would make a neat episode.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Astrid likes babies havent you seen gotnf when stormfly returns with all the dragons at the end of the short and yeah it would be cool to see the teams parents especially astrids, i think they shoudlve done that when astrids house burns down, and also now that i think about it they never revisited that topic like fid they rebuild or did they have to move somewhere else??