Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Was the massive fossil in Vanaheim a Bewilderbeast?
Yes, it was clearly a bewilderbeast! 23 (70%)
I’m not sure, it might have been. 9 (27%)
No, definitely not. 1 (3%)

Season 5 / Season 6
Topic Started: 28 Aug 2017, 13:08 (17826 Views)
Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

I wonder how this will go down in the next season? After all, we never see Johann in movie 2, so what happens? Obviously at some point the riders figure it out.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

Anyone playing the new expansion pack? If you are, your lucky Dx
"You can kill me once, but you can't kill me twice." - Luna Rainclaw

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

In SoD? I want to... But nobody will get me a membership or gems so...
IT LOOKS SO COOL

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

I had membership....but it expired

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Same. I did all 5 previous expansions on a 3 month membership... in January, February, March...

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

I had a 6 month membership.....

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

WoW and Tech
28 Aug 2017, 17:08
I wonder how this will go down in the next season? After all, we never see Johann in movie 2, so what happens? Obviously at some point the riders figure it out.
The reason why we don't see characters from the tv series in the movies is to prevent confusion from arising in the audience for those who haven't watched or can't watch the show. Art and Doug can do whatever they want with Johann because of this.

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

That was kinda my point...

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

DragonbackVoyager
27 Aug 2017, 22:38
hcsp1
27 Aug 2017, 08:08
Overall though, I found this season to be a bit 'Eh...'
Not you too! :P
I think I'm actually in the minority regarding this season, which is not a bad thing, I'm glad a lot of people liked it as much as they did :)

To paraphrase what I said on The Berkcast, I liked quite a few things about the season and I wouldn't call it bad('Eh...' doesn't mean bad, it means somewhere in the middle), but when I look back at the whole thing, what was this season's point? Every time they introduced a new plot point which could have been our new over-arcing plot, it got resolved either by the end of an episode or the episode after; so when the entire thing ended I was just left thinking what was our goal with this season?

Again, I'm happy a lot of people enjoyed this new season, but I personally thought it was a bit lacking in the story department...

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

In no way do I think this was the worst RTTE season. It certainly had it's fair share of nice moments that applaud the team for. The animation had some shining moments compared to other seasons too. While certain things have improved, I still like RoB and DoB better than RTTE. I feel like it's plots were more well constructed and had much more character development. I think my distaste towards the show has a lot to do with the fact that it's now on Netflix, though. While I like Netflix, it encourages much binge watching, and I don't have to wait for the next episode. In some ways this is awesome. In many ways for me, not so much. As much as I like to binge watch, it doesn't serve my brain well and I end up not remembering half of the entire plots. When I had to wait for the next episode to air, my mind had time to process the plot and get excited for the next one with anticipation. Now it just feels like I'm sitting on my couch and burning my brain out with 13 episodes in a row. Technically I could force myself to watch them slower, but Netflix makes it so dang hard to just watch one. Perhaps I need more self control.

Hiccstrid was nice. Not too fluffy. Not too in the background. Quite a nice sweet spot this time. Dagur is wonderful and I love him as always. Heather also.

Please no one harm me, but the twins are starting to get on my nerves. Their individual episodes about them were great though. I feel like the whole let's say something smart here gag is getting stale.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'