Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Was the massive fossil in Vanaheim a Bewilderbeast?
Yes, it was clearly a bewilderbeast! 23 (70%)
I’m not sure, it might have been. 9 (27%)
No, definitely not. 1 (3%)

Season 5 / Season 6
Topic Started: 26 Aug 2017, 13:58 (17388 Views)
Submaripper
Razorwhip Rider

It is crazy/awesome :D :D :D :toothless:
"There is no such thing as im-POSSIBLE, Hiccup, only im-PROBABLE. The only thing that limits us are the limits to our imagination." - Cressida Cowell
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Thornrdrum
26 Aug 2017, 12:44
That skeleton on Vanaheim is too big to be a Bewilderbeast, it's at least twice the size, if not more. Obviously they wanted to hint at the Bewilderbeast, but the scaling turned out wrong.
Well, think about it. When you watch the second movie, at the part where Valka and Cloudjumper are in between the two Bewilderbeasts, you can see the scale. It is definitely possible that a Bewilderbeast could already be, or grow to, that size.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I'm pretty sure it's possible...
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Anyone gonna mention what small little screentime Alvin got? Like that was. Not very fulfilling.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Hope_and_Heir thanks for the backup :) . It’s definitely clear that it’s possible. (Not sarcasm)

And yeah, Alvin got almost no time. Hope we get an episode on him in the last season...

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Thornrdrum
26 Aug 2017, 12:44
That skeleton on Vanaheim is too big to be a Bewilderbeast, it's at least twice the size, if not more. Obviously they wanted to hint at the Bewilderbeast, but the scaling turned out wrong.
That's what you would think (since it made up a huge part of an island; let me say that again, an island!) but keep in mind that reptiles will typically grow throughout their lives. While initially they'll grow faster to reach adult size, many will continue even after they become adults. Crocodiles, for instance, are generally big but only reach truly dramatic sizes after they have lived for quite a number of years. It is, in fact, possible that many dragons could potentially reach gargantuan sizes but don't because they die before reaching the necessary age -- perhaps killed by rivals.
Clouds of corn <3

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Well said, Chicken!

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

If you want to hear mine, rush2112 and Demonwolf's thoughts on the season, you can do that thanks to this newest episode of The Berkcast!

https://youtu.be/uBRWfg1tYRI

Have fun!

Overall though, I found this season to be a bit 'Eh...'

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

hcsp1
27 Aug 2017, 08:08
Overall though, I found this season to be a bit 'Eh...'
Not you too! :P
I feel like the odd one out here who really, really enjoyed this season. Maybe it's because I've been away for so long, but I've missed Dragons content soooo much, and I love how they managed to keep a lighthearted mood throughout the season while also writing in enough emotion to touch your heart in a few places like the betrothal gift scene, eep.
It didn't really matter to me that the villain plot went little to nowhere. The time was filled with cute one-offs that had me smiling the whole time (except when they were meant to be emotional, of course). I love the character development that they did with Snotlout and Dagur. Episode 3 has some great Game of Thrones references that I just can't get over, and I had to pause the show after the "three against a thousand" joke because I didn't see the punchline coming and might have laughed a little too hard.
A strong show from Dagur always ticks more boxes for me when it comes to a "good" season, but I think almost every character had some great funny/emotional moments, and I see this season as a strong show of how Dragons can make anything, even a season of filler episodes, charming and memorable.
They upped the texture and lighting work yet again, they used some new/rearranged music, they gave us the Sentinels and Vanaheim, and they left us with a major plot twist to gape over.
Ladies and gentlemen, dragons of all ages, I call myself perfectly pleased with this season.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

<3 . And there we stood, three agains a thousand. Toughest three we ever fought!

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!