Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Johann
Topic Started: 28 Sep 2017, 12:58 (20235 Views)
Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

This is for a discussion on Johann only. Were they always going to reveal that he is evil? Or was he suppose to be good? How will the Riders find out? Have we all been looking away from some signs of evilness?
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

I think that they did not originally plan for Johann's evilness. I think he will come up with some diabolical plan to capture a rider or dragon, and then they will find out. And yeah, probably. He never seemed sincere to me...
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Same, I don't think he was planned as evil. It's something I'd really like to ask the writers, and if I ever get the chance I'll let you all know here!

However, if he was planned from the start, then really well done to the writers. He came across as a fun but bumbling fool, and that's really what I always thought of him as.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

My guess would be that in Riders and Defenders of Berk, he was only a bumbling character added for plot convenience and humor. However, he was probably chosen to be a villain at the start of Race to the Edge.
Clouds of corn <3

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

Grrrr.....I hate Johann now, ever since the last episode, but if he's a traitor....won't he die at the end...?
"You can kill me once, but you can't kill me twice." - Luna Rainclaw

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I really don't think it was planned for Jo to betray the riders before seasons 5 and 6 started production. His tone and behavior changed dramatically in the newest episodes, having him become an antagonist felt like it was thrown together in order to for there to be more shock element in the show. I don't feel it was necessary either, as we already have Viggo back from the dead and the Krogan guy for villains.

But they did foreshadow Johann's betrayal in this season pretty well, imo.

Submaripper
Razorwhip Rider

I think the writers have been planning this since the beginning , I mean if you go back to previous episodes before we found out about Johann being a jerk, you can see hints of foreshadowing and all he cares about is himself clearly. I think he is independent from the hunters but they have a mutually beneficial agreement with each other. oh there are so many theories running through my head right now. And about the whole debacle of wether or not Johann being a traitor was planned by the writers or not. I think it was planned. I mean think about it, a lot of planning and work goes into animated shoes, the work on two seasons at the same time so they come out faster, they wouldn't be able to change things so quickly. Either way, this is insane. I just can't even. :blink:
"There is no such thing as im-POSSIBLE, Hiccup, only im-PROBABLE. The only thing that limits us are the limits to our imagination." - Cressida Cowell

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

Or, what if Johann is playing a double agent? What if he is “working for” the hunters and the riders?

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

What if DreamWorks is just laughing their heads off at us right now. *looks around suspiciously*
Bear the flame

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

They probably are... They've had many good laughs at us over the past two seasons with cliffhangers.

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!