Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dragonvine, Rescue Riders?
Topic Started: 24 Feb 2018, 10:01 (5884 Views)
igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

On the wiki for HTTYD, the new graphic novel for dragons is called Dragon Vine and acts as a small continuation of the second film to showcase what hiccup and the gang do once he becomes officially the chief.

Now I've read about Rescue Riders...

It can't be after the third film as it wouldn't make sense, the gap between the first and second film was filled with the Netflix series (riders of berk, defenders, and race to the edge)

So is it likely to think that the new (potential) series is going to carry on from the novel and fill the "gap" between the second and third film? :ermm:

just wondering what you guys think!
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

It’s scheduled for release a few months before Dragons 3 is released. So I’m not sure.
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

igix
24 Feb 2018, 14:01
On the wiki for HTTYD, the new graphic novel for dragons is called Dragon Vine and acts as a small continuation of the second film to showcase what hiccup and the gang do once he becomes officially the chief.

Now I've read about Rescue Riders...

It can't be after the third film as it wouldn't make sense, the gap between the first and second film was filled with the Netflix series (riders of berk, defenders, and race to the edge)

So is it likely to think that the new (potential) series is going to carry on from the novel and fill the "gap" between the second and third film? :ermm:
That's a really large gap :P I guess it's five years so it's not out of the range of possibility. Man these Vikings. They lead incredibly adventurous lives. ;) but yes, you're probably correct about it being in the gap between 1 and 2. If the dragons are set to go away in 3, they won't have much to ride ^_^

I hope the comic is good. I enjoyed the art from the first comic, but not so much the plot. That really came out of left field XD I'll probably wait to buy it and see what people think about it first.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

igix

Quote:

That's a really large gap :P I guess it's five years so it's not out of the range of possibility. Man these Vikings. They lead incredibly adventurous lives. ;) but yes, you're probably correct about it being in the gap between 1 and 2. If the dragons are set to go away in 3, they won't have much to ride ^_^

I hope the comic is good. I enjoyed the art from the first comic, but not so much the plot. That really came out of left field XD I'll probably wait to buy it and see what people think about it first.

I didn't know the gap between the 2nd and 3rd film is 5 years! could be a possibility then. I just know i wouldn't be satisfied if it was a new group of dragon riders rather than the originals :/

A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free

Joel
What should I put here..

I think its a very high chance that Rescue Riders will be for in between the second and third film. I also think that judging by the name it'll be the gang and Valka going out and saving some lovely dragons.

It's also a smart money making decision to fill in between the films as it earns more money for the studios without looking like they're milking the franchise as they are genuinely filling in the gaps

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

Maybe saving dragons from hunters?
"You can kill me once, but you can't kill me twice." - Luna Rainclaw

igix

Joel
24 Feb 2018, 21:26
I think its a very high chance that Rescue Riders will be for in between the second and third film. I also think that judging by the name it'll be the gang and Valka going out and saving some lovely dragons.

It's also a smart money making decision to fill in between the films as it earns more money for the studios without looking like they're milking the franchise as they are genuinely filling in the gaps
that's a really nice idea, I think that's what will end up happening. However, do you think that maybe since Hiccup is busy with being chief and toothless respectively that they won't be doing much rescuing?

A Chief protects his own

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

:gobber: could take over as acting Chief
"You can kill me once, but you can't kill me twice." - Luna Rainclaw

Sparrowhawk
average space enthusiast

We saw how well Gobber did even splitting that with Stoick...
Engineer and Pyromaniac. What's not to love?

I plan to send a rocket to the edge of space before I turn 25
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

snebs
Dragon Egg

I really hope that rescue riders (if it is real) comes out before the third movie,, i don't know how I am going to live without httyd for so long! I've already rewatched race to the edge like 4 times.