Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Best episodes (RTTE)
Topic Started: 06 Jun 2018, 19:39 (6673 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Hey! I recently started watching Race to the Edge again because I'm bored and I need more dragon content in my life while I wait for HTTYD 3. I'd seen the first three seasons but then just stopped watching because it felt kind of boring/cliche to me, but I want to give it a second chance!
What episodes do you guys think are the best? And which are skippable? I haven't been watching every single one because some of them just feel like filler, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for episodes that are super important or really good!
:D
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

To be honest, I got bored for a while at first too, but got into it as the show went on.

Personally, I really like the "Searching for Oswald... and Chicken" episode near the end of season 5, but I think you have to watch some of the Dagur/Heather episodes before that to really get it.

Of course, the episodes that are less like filler episodes and more like story-progression episodes are pretty good, IMHO.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

To be honest, some of the "filler" episodes are greatly enjoyable. They dive deeper into the characters and allow you to better understand their actions in the plot-heavy episodes.

Actually, I think that's the reason for a lot of criticism of RTTE. People largely ignore the filler episodes, then they wonder why the characters are acting a certain way or where a certain plot point came from.

An example is Tone Deaf, the episode where they find Garff, the baby Deathsong. There are at least two episodes later on where Garff is important, but Tone Deaf itself is a "filler" episode, so people criticize it even though it's important for later on.

So my thoughts on RTTE: all of the episodes are important to the plot and should be watched carefully.

Even Blindsided, despite all the blatant fanservice.

My absolute favorites, however, would be the ones with emotional impact. Enemy of my Enemy, Family on the Edge, and Midnight Scrum are all good examples.

Edited for clarity.
Clouds of corn <3

Whitefang

Thanks for your input! :) I'll probably end up just watching everything from where I left off (season 3, I think the buffalord one was the last one I ever watched). I was just wondering if there were any that were entirely pointless, but it doesn't really seem like it. I actually find myself enjoying the filler ones a bit too, I rewatched some episodes in season 1 and 2 just as a refresher and they were pretty fun!

8)

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I find 'Big Man on Berk' very skippable. I've watched it a couple of times, but I usually skip it. All the rest are good by me. ;)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

If any of you can watch the Buffalord episode without feeling sick, you're all waaaaaaaay better than me. :X

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

Whitefang

Dragondog
07 Jun 2018, 20:33
If any of you can watch the Buffalord episode without feeling sick, you're all waaaaaaaay better than me. :X
It is kind of,, nasty. I watched it last night lmao, did not appreciate the closeups of its saliva.

8)

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Whitefang
07 Jun 2018, 21:33
Dragondog
It is kind of,, nasty. I watched it last night lmao, did not appreciate the closeups of its saliva.
You think that's bad, huh?

Wait until season 6 episode 7, "Ruff Transition." That will get you gagging! ;)
Clouds of corn <3

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Tuffnut'sChicken
07 Jun 2018, 21:47
Whitefang
07 Jun 2018, 21:33
Dragondog
You think that's bad, huh?

Wait until season 6 episode 7, "Ruff Transition." That will get you gagging! ;)
Oh Thor, I forgot about that. :X :X :X :X :X :X :X

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

My favorite episode hands down was Dire Straights. It's the one episode I kept going back to to watch over and over. I loved the sad Hicctooth moment. Real wholesome Hicctooth moments was something I felt was lacking in the show, and this episode fed me the moments I was starved of.