Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Gift of The Night Fury
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 08:33 (9018 Views)
Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I'm not sure about that, but I think they have improved some things on the Toothless model extra for GotNF. In my opinion Toothless looks much smoother more detailed than in the movie.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Zer0x
10 Apr 2014, 12:33
I'm not sure about that, but I think they have improved some things on the Toothless model extra for GotNF. In my opinion Toothless looks much smoother more detailed than in the movie.
I'll have to see them side by side to really see the contrast... I always thought snow settings does wonders for his design.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I loved this short. The first time I saw it was with my roommates (same one I watched HTTYD with before) two Christmas seasons ago. Then, I downloaded it so I could then watch it a gazillion times on my own.

Last year this short was on the TV at home as we opened presents (yes, we were still opening presents at 8:30 PM).
Coming Soon!!

Aika

[i]
[b]
[color=Maroon]Viking-in-Training
[/color]
[/b]
[/i]

It might just be my favorite short, especially for the fact that it was so crucial to Hiccup and Toothless's relationship--and not too many shorts have a significant influence on a series (having said that some shorts are only shelled out for "funsies" and really have no significance to the plot or the characters whatsoever.)
Come and visit my blog!

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Valka
09 Apr 2014, 21:29
Gift of the Night Fury is definitely the best short in my opinion, although by any means I'm not insulting the others. I adore the tidbits of each characters we get. Stoick being a cheerful father (asking for Hiccup's helmet to give him gifts), Astrid being supportive, sarcastic, and a delightfully almost goofy side we didn't get to see much in the first movie (yaknog, the exploding eggs, et cetera), but centering right back down to the heart of the movie, Hiccup and Toothless.

I'm so glad in the second movie, that they are practicing self flight for Toothless because as much as the ending of the short warmed me like a sip of hot chocolate, I thought getting rid of the ability for Toothless to fly on his own was a bit silly. I completely adore that Toothless prefers to fly connected with Hiccup, because he's essentially saying that even though he would vulnerable, he trusts Hiccup to have his back. That's so wonderful.... But, oh dear is the idea that Toothless can fly without Hiccup dead useful.

Excuse my rambles dear.
thescienceofmagic
10 Apr 2014, 00:06
vikingsitsanoccupationalhazzard
09 Apr 2014, 22:42
baby dragons, need I say more
no, that is quite sufficient xD
thescienceofmagic
10 Apr 2014, 00:20
Apart from the obvious baby dragons though, the ending was especially lovely.

I would be lying if I said I didn't cry like a baby but oh toothless I just wanted to hug him the adorable big baby boo I mean oh gosh feels it was such a powerful gesture and just made the relationship that much more AWH YOU GUYS if you know what I mean

.. and yes that is my professional review
STOP READING MY MIND!!!!!! :D
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

Gift of the Night Fury is definitely my favorite of the shorts. The relationship between Hiccup and Toothless was so perfect... and Hiccup calling Astrid 'milady' was so cute. :P
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

This one's the short I always go back to.. as much as I like the other two shorts.....this one just reigns as my favorite :)
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I loved this short for many reason some of which were: Ruffnut and Tuffnut being the ones to figure out that Meatlug was a girl and laid eggs. The Exploding eggs. Snotlout's line "This was your best idea yet." and the adorable story line of it.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I like that they were able to include a little Hiccstrid in a way that felt natural and didn't distract from the rest of the plot. I'm hoping Dawn of the Dragon Racers (the next upcoming short), as well as any other shorts that may come, are able to do so the same way GoTNF did.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

nissi4eva
Baby terror

Rocky Rose
10 Jun 2014, 20:39
This one's the short I always go back to.. as much as I like the other two shorts.....this one just reigns as my favorite :)
The baby dragons inthis short are somethin worth comin back for. As for Toothless, he looked even more cute in this short.
<3 :nightfuryegg:
KEEP CALM AND CUDDLE THAT NIGHT FURY!