Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Gift of The Night Fury
Topic Started: 09 Apr 2014, 17:15 (8962 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Discussions about GotNF.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Gift of the Night Fury is definitely the best short in my opinion, although by any means I'm not insulting the others. I adore the tidbits of each characters we get. Stoick being a cheerful father (asking for Hiccup's helmet to give him gifts), Astrid being supportive, sarcastic, and a delightfully almost goofy side we didn't get to see much in the first movie (yaknog, the exploding eggs, et cetera), but centering right back down to the heart of the movie, Hiccup and Toothless.

I'm so glad in the second movie, that they are practicing self flight for Toothless because as much as the ending of the short warmed me like a sip of hot chocolate, I thought getting rid of the ability for Toothless to fly on his own was a bit silly. I completely adore that Toothless prefers to fly connected with Hiccup, because he's essentially saying that even though he would vulnerable, he trusts Hiccup to have his back. That's so wonderful.... But, oh dear is the idea that Toothless can fly without Hiccup dead useful.

Excuse my rambles dear.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Given that I hardly ever see any mention of this short, I think it's really underrated. Too many Christmas specials in already established franchises end up being cheesy if not downright lame, but this short avoids that. It succeeds by telling a good story that would work in any setting and then giving it a holiday backdrop rather than making the holiday the driving force of everything. I also prefer the characterizations here to what we ended up seeing in the TV series.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

vikingsitsanoccupationalhazzard
Dragon Egg

baby dragons, need I say more

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

vikingsitsanoccupationalhazzard
09 Apr 2014, 22:42
baby dragons, need I say more
no, that is quite sufficient xD

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Apart from the obvious baby dragons though, the ending was especially lovely.

I would be lying if I said I didn't cry like a baby but oh toothless I just wanted to hug him the adorable big baby boo I mean oh gosh feels it was such a powerful gesture and just made the relationship that much more AWH YOU GUYS if you know what I mean

.. and yes that is my professional review

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

God_dragons_love
Dragon Egg

GotNF was....awesome! The best holiday/short I have ever seen! The fact that Toothless doesn't want to be free, and instead wants to need Hiccup is soooooo sweet!
There were Dragons when I was a Boy...

littlelaly157
Night Fury

i saw GotNF for the first time on netflix and i freaked out. Oh my gosh it was so amazing especially the hiccstrid!

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

With GotNF DreamWorks managed it to include a story as good as the original movie. That is pretty impressive. I've never seen a short for a movie with such an original and exiting story.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

For me, it was the expression on toothless' face when he realized hiccup made a new tail fin for him so he could fly by himself again.

And the end where toothless destroys the new tail fin in front of hiccup, saying to him, with his expression, I want you with me.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.