Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New Short theories?
Topic Started: 27 May 2014, 00:33 (11902 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

@demonwolf002: (sorry ipod still wont let me quote) I do feel that Astrid was based off Camiazi because i do remember reading something fromthe author that said she was, also i do see Astrid's personality a lot in Camicazi when reading. I'm not trying to start a argument but i did notice in ways Astrid was a lot like Camicazi personality wise. Yes they do have differences, but they do bave similarities tooAnd i do honestly remember reading something where the director or producer of the movie and author of the booms explained who was who in movie vs books.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Shemrocky
19 May 2014, 10:20
HideousZippleback
17 May 2014, 04:45
NO. Please no wedding. Really that would seem to un-HTTYD-like for me. Maybe at thre end of HTTYD3 it sort of mentions it but just that much.

I will love the IDEA of their wedding, but not more. So agree ;) maybe just a short clip in the movies, or in a shorts, but thats it. ;)
While I do want Hiccup and Astrid to end up married, like, at the very end, I feel like if they showed their wedding, well, that just wouldn't be DreamWork's style. Previous shorts were adventurous, lighthearted, and full of jokes, and things are always going wrong in them. A wedding, it seems to me, would come off too sappy, and not very adventurous, and the only thing that goes wrong in a movie wedding is the bride gets upset over something at the last minute and then they talk it out and then they're okay and they get married and live happily ever after.
This isn't what kids want to see; young ones, I mean, they'll spend the whole time going "eeewww!" bored out of their minds. Besides, it just isn't their style. In addition, they have so far only thrown out short moments centered around Hiccup and Astrid, and it doesn't seem like they'd suddenly just throw out a half-hour (or however long) thing all about them.

Dean DuBlois said when the first trailer came out that if we liked the trailer, we would love the short. I really have the feeling that if it has something to do with what was in the trailer, it would probably be about dragon racing. This seems more like something they would actually do. There's action, adventure, and potential for danger, as well as for comedy, and the kiddies would love it. But with luck, they will give us a Hiccstid moment or two. ;)
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Don't see why they can't just do a very short short. Disney pulled it off with Tangled perfectly, and it was only 6 minutes long. They could easily do a full short and then a mini one for the wedding.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

AndyMay
30 May 2014, 22:32
Don't see why they can't just do a very short short. Disney pulled it off with Tangled perfectly, and it was only 6 minutes long. They could easily do a full short and then a mini one for the wedding.
If they did it like Tangled Ever After then the dragons could lose something important and have to go on some wild adventure around berk trying tonfind it in time? Haha
Just to add some humor :)

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

Perhaps a Valkas past with (More if it turns up in the film) baby Hiccup? :'D
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Except, if there is a wedding,it would seem too princessy and Disney-like. And HTTYD is not a girlish movie, so weddings are basically off the chart.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Crest1347
Dragon Egg

WasBornCrazy
04 Jun 2014, 20:50
Except, if there is a wedding,it would seem too princessy and Disney-like. And HTTYD is not a girlish movie, so weddings are basically off the chart.
Well, we don't quite know what effect Vikings and dragons could have on a wedding...

That being said, I'm not too crazy for the wedding idea.

Provided we don't get one in the movie, I would like to see a dragon racing competition with Hiccup in it. The Astrid/Hiccup (and Stormfly/Toothless) competitiveness would make an interesting dynamic.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

WasBornCrazy
04 Jun 2014, 20:50
I don't think so

I keep seeing like some major thhing happening and the wedding getting ruined and Astrid is all enraged and there's this epic thing going on before the wedding.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Actually anything with tons of flight sequences would be fine for me.

hiccupi
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I wish a short where they would show how Valka and Stoick first met and their story and Hiccup's birth.