Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New Short theories?
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 21:17 (11948 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

ToothlessNightFury
13 Jun 2014, 21:24
Personally I'd love if they
1. Had how Berk readjusts after the events of the movie
and
2 more character relationships like Hiccup and Valka, Hiccup and Astrid, Ruffnut and whoever she ends up with. :)

RealHousewifeofBerk
09 Jun 2014, 23:19
Eret
26 Apr 2014, 12:50
viking-halloween :)
I would also love a Halloween short! I think that the "Frightmare" episode from Defenders of Berk was supposed to be sort of a Halloween-ish type episode, but if it was, it was kind of disappointing. Not all that scary, and it didn't really have anything to do with a Viking holiday or anything. If they actually invented a Halloween-like holiday for Vikings, we could see all the teens probably running around in costumes! A Valentine's day one would also be awesome, and it could also show the beginning of Fishlegs and Snotlout's competition over Ruffnut, but I sort of have a feeling that they'll do that in the TV series. It did say that the next two seasons would put a little bit more focus on Hiccup and Astrid's relationship.
HideousZippleback
09 Jun 2014, 23:20
RealHousewifeofBerk
I would also love a Halloween short! I think that the "Frightmare" episode from Defenders of Berk was supposed to be sort of a Halloween-ish type episode, but if it was, it was kind of disappointing. Not all that scary, and it didn't really have anything to do with a Viking holiday or anything. If they actually invented a Halloween-like holiday for Vikings, we could see all the teens probably running around in costumes! A Valentine's day one would also be awesome, and it could also show the beginning of Fishlegs and Snotlout's competition over Ruffnut, but I sort of have a feeling that they'll do that in the TV series. It did say that the next two seasons would put a little bit more focus on Hiccup and Astrid's relationship.
I don't really think Halloween existed in this time.
Nope, it didn't.
they actually didn't like the idea of witch craft very much.

According to the
Encyclopedia of American Folklore, “Halloween is integrally related to the prospect of contact with spiritual forces, many of which threaten or frighten.”
this is actually why I don't celebrate it, or have anything to do with it for that matter,
you can easily Google the origins of halloween and learn more about what it actually is.

I'd be very disappointed if they made an episode like this.
See what I mean? Vikings are not the kind of people who like magical things. They like practical, tangible, touchable things, not creepy sorcery.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 01:17
ToothlessNightFury
and
2 more character relationships like Hiccup and Valka, Hiccup and Astrid, Ruffnut and whoever she ends up with. :)

RealHousewifeofBerk
HideousZippleback
09 Jun 2014, 23:20
I don't really think Halloween existed in this time.
Nope, it didn't.

According to the
Encyclopedia of American Folklore, “Halloween is integrally related to the prospect of contact with spiritual forces, many of which threaten or frighten.”
this is actually why I don't celebrate it, or have anything to do with it for that matter,
you can easily Google the origins of halloween and learn more about what it actually is.

See what I mean? Vikings are not the kind of people who like magical things. They like practical, tangible, touchable things, not creepy sorcery.
This kind of makes me wonder, what is Snoggletog supposed to be celebrating, if not the birth of Christ? Because Vikings were actually Pagan, and spent a lot of time running around and burning crosses. The birth of...Odin? Or are they celebrating just because? And why haven't I wondered this before? ^)
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

RealHousewifeofBerk
16 Aug 2014, 19:36
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 01:17
ToothlessNightFury
and

Nope, it didn't.

According to the

This kind of makes me wonder, what is Snoggletog supposed to be celebrating, if not the birth of Christ? Because Vikings were actually Pagan, and spent a lot of time running around and burning crosses. The birth of...Odin? Or are they celebrating just because? And why haven't I wondered this before? ^)
I'd say it could be a celebration of the Winter Solstice, as in many Pagan religions, which was a way of celebrating the last time of feasting before the so-called 'Famine months' of January to April.

However, a more likely scenario is that this is somehow related to the Germanic pagan rituals of Yule. During this time, although maybe the trees, decorations and gift-giving may be just a bit of cultural context for viewers, it was definitely traditional to hold a blót, with feasting, drinking and sacrifices. One can assume by Stoick's throwaway comments about having Dragons for the first time that they would sacrifice dragons to the gods. It is also generally considered to celebrate the midwinter.

Also, this is a more feeble link, but the words 'Snoggletog', and the Old English word for yule, 'ġéohol', sound slightly similar. Just the middle syllable sounds like it may have been borrowed from the Old English word.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?