Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The 2D animation from Boneknapper Dragon
Topic Started: 19 Jun 2014, 18:49 (6376 Views)
TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

The 2D allowed young Gobber and the 'knapper to be... just whackier. Let's not forget the great hammerhead yak and the hammerhead whale.

I would pay for a short just featuring the 'Nut twins, all drawn in the Boneknapper 2D style.
Σ (a sigma-ture)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

TheCube42
19 Jun 2014, 22:49
The 2D allowed young Gobber and the 'knapper to be... just whackier. Let's not forget the great hammerhead yak and the hammerhead whale.

I would pay for a short just featuring the 'Nut twins, all drawn in the Boneknapper 2D style.
I agree, I'd love for them to make a short in that style with the gang going on a silly little adventure.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I liked it, though I would have loved to see a teenage Gobber in CGI. I don't mind at all that they didn't, I just would have liked to see it, out of curiosity. Then again, the hammerhead yak riding the hammerhead whale would have looked extra ridiculous in CGI, so maybe it was for the best that it was 2D.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Loved both 3D and 2D!! I like the idea for hammerhead whale and yak, which's hilarious!
But anyone realized that there's an error in Gobber? In the scene that Gobber trapped in small island, his left hand already "taken", but in next scene, which years after hammerhead whale happening, his right leg still in there. In HTTYD, Gobber explains that his right leg is taken a month after his left hand. Animators mistake??
But, still loved it!
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.