Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The 2D animation from Boneknapper Dragon
Topic Started: 10 Jun 2014, 15:40 (6265 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

In the Boneknapper short, they showed Gobber's flashbacks in 2D animation. When I first saw it, I thought it was amazing, especially the character designs.

Did you like that 2D animation? If so, would you want to see more of it in future Dragon shorts? I know it's a weird question to ask, but it's just that animation was brilliant, and I would like to see more of that if they make more shorts.

BTW, the artist who did the designs is Ben Balistreri. His stuff is awesome. Here's his site, though it doesn't seem like it's been updated for a while, but you might be interested. http://benbalistreri.blogspot.com/
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

I quite liked the mix of 2D and 3D, I thought it was a nice touch
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Night fury fire
10 Jun 2014, 19:48
I quite liked the mix of 2D and 3D, I thought it was a nice touch
Me too! I thought it was brilliant to show the flashbacks in 2D animation.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

stormflys
Terrible Terror

I really enjoyed it! It provided some variety and kept things interesting.
check out my httyd 2 playlist on 8tracks!

[big][big][big]please click this link to help me win something!![/big][/big][/big]

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

stormflys
11 Jun 2014, 18:53
I really enjoyed it! It provided some variety and kept things interesting.
I thought so too!

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I want to see all the teens in 2D :)

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

The Norse Nerd
18 Jun 2014, 14:22
I'll be honest that'd be amazing.
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

The Norse Nerd
18 Jun 2014, 14:22
I would kill to see them in 2D animation.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I agree that it would be so cool to see all the teens now in 2D :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

BerserkDragon
19 Jun 2014, 18:48
I agree that it would be so cool to see all the teens now in 2D :D
Well, hopefully we'll get to see more of that animation when they make the shorts!