Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dawn of The Dragon Racers
Topic Started: 25 Jun 2014, 13:35 (6222 Views)
CatsMeow
Gronckle

YES, I know there is a topic about this but I thought I'd inform you here as well.

I went on itunes last night to pre-order How to Train Your Dragon 2 and to buy the soundtrack for both of the movies. In the description for the second movie pre-order it says that it'll include one short, which is called 'Dawn of The Dragon Racers" :D

You can pre-order it on the ITunes app or here online at https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/how-t ... d875611049

It's 19.99, I believe.

Here's the description:

Plot Summary
From the Academy Award® nominated film DreamWorks How to Train Your Dragon comes the next chapter in the epic trilogy. When Hiccup and Toothless discover a secret ice cave with wild dragons and a mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves in an epic battle to save the future of men and dragons! Also includes all new adventure How to Train Your Dragon: Dawn of the Dragon Racers in your iTunes Extras!
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Luckily I think it's added onto all the HTTYD2 DVDs, not just an iTunes exclusive, as it shows it included on Amazon too. Much like they did with the first film and the short. (: Extra dragons for everyone!

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I read that it's only on blue-ray sadly . :(
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

HiccupxAstrid123
17 Jul 2014, 19:36
Can you give a link to where you read that?

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I got a book that came with the Blu ray & DVD combo (HTTYD 1) I bought. It contains some spoilery things, but if you guys want to know more about dragon racing this will tell you a lot.
Spoiler: click to toggle

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

thenightandthefury
17 Jul 2014, 23:16
HiccupxAstrid123
I don't have a link, but on amazon you can pre-order httyd 2 blu-ray AND dvd. Blu-ray has dawn of the dragon racers with it, but the dvd doesn't :hiccup: :astrid: :fishlegs: :ruffnut: :tuffnut: :snotlout:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

HiccupxAstrid123
19 Jul 2014, 18:21
thenightandthefury
HiccupxAstrid123
I don't have a link, but on amazon you can pre-order httyd 2 blu-ray AND dvd. Blu-ray has dawn of the dragon racers with it, but the dvd doesn't :hiccup: :astrid: :fishlegs: :ruffnut: :tuffnut: :snotlout:
Seriously? To get the short, you have to buy the Blu-Ray? I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Hopefully someone puts it up on YouTube.
Coming Soon!!

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I know they have the other three shorts (Gift of the Night Fury...etc) on iTunes separate but... well- I already have HTTYD2 on pre-order on iTunes and according to the store at the time I ordered it- this short was in it.... idk WHY they are only putting the short on the blu-ray and NOT the DVD... it's a bit unfair.. :/
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

You can get it with a blu ray and dvd combo pack that is 27 bucks, its a target exclusive offer (offered ONLY at target. I checked. Not even walmart has it yet) but.. its a bit much because I just watch DVD's. For those who don't have a dvd player, why make them go out and pay ten extra bucks just to get a 30 minute short and a second copy of the film that they will likely never need? Itunes is great and all but it stays on your computer, and if your computer crashes or hacked it could get lost with it. I've been through enough computer issues to know that it takes one click to get a major virus and/or hacker, which can completely kill a computer. And if the computer isn't repairable, then you might have just lost your purchase on itunes, or at least can't watch it until your computer is fixed.

I agree its unfair, and I looked it up. Neither has a description of the short with the film, I think what she is going by is the pictures. The blu ray has a picture with a lil image saying it includes the short, while the dvd doesn't.

I am still hoping that the DVD will have the short, it would be a rip off to pay 27 bucks for most people who just stick with their old DVD players or can't afford a blu ray player.

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Jendora
20 Jul 2014, 04:51
HiccupxAstrid123
19 Jul 2014, 18:21
thenightandthefury
Seriously? To get the short, you have to buy the Blu-Ray? I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Hopefully someone puts it up on YouTube.
I know right, my dad will not buy a blu-ray player! :'( :'(
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE