Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
DoTDR (Upcoming HTTYD Short)
Topic Started: 18 Oct 2014, 19:57 (4920 Views)
ArabianGoddes
ArabianGoddess

Whose excited for this to come? I sure am!

The newest topic update on BGV is a look at five of the people in the gang; the twins, Astrid, Hiccup and Snotlout. We didn't see Fishlegs, but I can assume a little on his new model. We'll just have to wait and see. What's everyone's opinion on their looks? I love them, personally. Astrid looks so beautiful, she still has that tomboyish glow but keeps a girlie look. Hiccup is still dorky and looks to have upgraded from just his tunic and vest. Ruff and Tuff are still goofs and I love them. Snotlout looks cool...And I wish we could see Fishlegs...but eh, as I said before, we have to wait and see. I'm assuming this is for the new short, but I'm also curious if this is their new wear in the two new seasons? Anyone know for sure about that or have opinions? :ermm:

So, here's the run down; This upcoming Tuesday, October 21st 2014, Dawn of The Dragon Racers and an online view of How to Train Your Dragon 2 is coming out. November 11th is the DVD for both. :) The 24th is DragonsDay on Twitter as well and people who have pre-ordered can watch HTTYD 2 and talk to fellow people on Twitter and whatnot. Kind of like the Dragons anniversary we had awhile ago :D

I pre-ordered HTTYD 2 for the 21st, so it'll be on my iPad video playlist on the 21st apparently? I'm not sure if DoTDR will be included to, or if it'll be out all around the world on TV or something. Does anyone have a clue about that? I'm new to this sort of thing. I've only ever bought stuff at the store. (besides shirts)

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

If you pre-ordered the HD version of the movie on iTunes, then the short (along with all of the other extras that come with the Blu-ray) will be included. If you pre-ordered the SD version, it'll just be the movie itself, I believe.

As for when you'll actually get the movie, iTunes usually releases its pre-orders as soon as the expected date hits. In other words, you might get the movie on Monday at midnight.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I was a little disappointed not really in the looks, but in the quality. I was hoping this short would have an animation quality on par with the movies, like all of the other shorts, but this looks like the quality of the series. Are they sure this is from the short, or is it possible that it could be from the third season of series? I know it's not coming until spring, so I'm not sure if it would be too soon for them to even have any shots like this. ^)

But other than that, I do love the looks of the characters, especially Astrid. <3
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

funkyjunkie95
Kangaroo Jack

tbh i was expecting it to be animated by the movie team as well, but im not all that disappointed!!! i mean im still super stoked about getting new material and its better than nothing, right?!

but of course i can still see where people are coming from in being disappointed about the animation

Pikey
Wow!

I've said before, love the models (except Toothless could do with a little more work), but that lighting.

Textures and models can only look as good as the lighting makes them look, some part of me wishes they spend more of the budget focusing on the lighting more than the models and textures. :/

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

There have been LOADS of gifs on Tumblr, and I'm having to cover the screen with my hand while scrolling down to avoid them spoiling the story for me XD

But from what my eye has caught glimpses of, yes, it's made with TV series quality, as apparently it's the same people who made the TV series who made it. So no Gift of the Night Fury quality standards :(

Buuuuuuuut THE MODELS LOOK AWESOME so I'm happy :D I just hope they keep them like that for the series... I don't see why they wouldn't... I mean, if they've got the models, why not use them, right?
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

BerserkDragon
19 Oct 2014, 16:12
I just hope they keep them like that for the series... I don't see why they wouldn't... I mean, if they've got the models, why not use them, right?
That's definitely going to be their models for the new season. The new season is supposed to take place about two years before the second movie.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:

I wonder if the short is really meant to be a preview for the show. ^) It would make sense since the series is no longer going to be on TV.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."