Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
New Info for Dawn of the Dragon Racers!
Topic Started: 07 Oct 2014, 20:19 (6444 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Spoiler: click to toggle
Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Tra ... (franchise)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

This was on there weeks ago.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Don't trust everything you read on wikipedia.
My dragon den:

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I saw this on Tumblr, too! :D I can't wait!!
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

http://oneill5491.tumblr.com/post/10029 ... the-dragon

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

I saw the images on Tumblr just a second ago and was gonna post them here too heh!

The stills look kinda strange though right? I was expecting the animation to be like the 2nd movie's but this is definitely closer to how I'd imagine the TV series to look like. Like it just looks cheaper :/

Hiccup and the others looks cool though, shows a nice transition between their younger and older selves. Toothless's model however, looks exactly how he did in the Dragons TV series just with the red paint on him.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I'll probably love this short too (maybe even be proved wrong and it'll have AMAZING animation quality) but I expected it be like how Gift Of The Night Fury was.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

Pikey
Wow!

At least they're using the lovely models for the people as we wanted (particularly Hiccup)...

But oh god the fullbright and oh god Toothless's model... Come onnnnnn :P

is it just me or in the first picture, does hiccup have that sort of default model expression on his face?

The other teens look great to me otherwise.

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

Faerie_Dragon
18 Oct 2014, 06:50
I saw the images on Tumblr just a second ago and was gonna post them here too heh!

The stills look kinda strange though right? I was expecting the animation to be like the 2nd movie's but this is definitely closer to how I'd imagine the TV series to look like. Like it just looks cheaper :/

Hiccup and the others looks cool though, shows a nice transition between their younger and older selves. Toothless's model however, looks exactly how he did in the Dragons TV series just with the red paint on him.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I'll probably love this short too (maybe even be proved wrong and it'll have AMAZING animation quality) but I expected it be like how Gift Of The Night Fury was.
So just an FYI, this was produced by the same team that makes the television series so the quality of the animation and the story is exactly what you would expect from an episode of RoB/DoB.

SPOILERS BELOW. I won't get into plot details, but if you want to have a proper expectation set before watching this short, read on.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Pikey
Wow!

Meh, I guess I could deal with the fullbright. Would've been nice but at least we didn't get totally stitched and stuck with a cartoon short like the Boneknapper. :P

Not to say that's great or anything; it just could've been better/worse.

rip hopes and dreams

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

We've had so much stuff released this week like the deleted scene, the "Where No One Goes" making of video, the DW event in London and the masterclass given by the Chief of Technology Lincoln Wallen and Dean DeBlois about how they animated the movies that I got super stoked and hyped for this short. All that awesome technology and then they give the TV series animation :/

Again, don't get me wrong I'm gonna love it cause it's HTTYD material and gives insightful back story etc. but come on. It could of been so much more.

I would rather a separate DVD with the short on it or a double DVD combo with the movie and short just so it can get the money it needed to be the "more" I'd want but alas, we can't get everything. At we're getting something I suppose right? :)
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.