Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The "I've seen "Dawn of the Dragon Races" thread
Topic Started: 21 Oct 2014, 06:56 (10225 Views)
hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

So, the short is just a few days away on home media and already out on digital media. Might as well start the thread disscussing our opinions, right? Seeing how, I just saw the short(And to those who wounder, I have the 3D blue-ray ordered because I need my HTTYD 2 on my 3D TV, so I WILL have the short. No need to worry.) and thought hey, might as well talk about it!

Let's get the "I'm sure this isn't a spoiler" parts first. The short is entertaining. It has a lot of funny moments and I overall enjoyed it as a small story that's there as an extra. The voice actors are doing their job well enough and Hiccup and the rest of the characters are as great as we remember them. Also, as something that exist in order to supply backstory to something, it did it's job well enough.

Now for the spoilers:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Overall, an okay addition to the home release! Give it a watch!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

I was really surprised when I heard silent Sven talking, I never thought they would ever do that.
My dragon den:

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

It was really just like the RoB and DoB series, nothing too special. But I still got a kick watching it.

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

I was hoping for a bit more of the movie quality that came with Gift of The Night Fury. But the part where they were older was cool :P
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:

I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but where can I watch it?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

MissunyNightFury
21 Oct 2014, 22:32

If you buy the digital version of HTTYD2 on iTunes, I believe it comes with that

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Cassy2277
Hatchling

MissunyNightFury

Also it leaked somehow on the internet - I look on YouTube, but it wasn't there. I'm waiting for the DVD to see it! If I did find It I wouldn't dare watch it, it's not right that people leak things. :(

funkyjunkie95
Kangaroo Jack

Neilandio
21 Oct 2014, 13:06
I was really surprised when I heard silent Sven talking, I never thought they would ever do that.
SAME HERE. actually kinda bummed they broke the running gag :/

therealsven
Dragon Egg

For those who find it odd that we hear Silent Sven speak, I direct you to the ending of the last episode of Season 2, just before Hiccup's ending narration. Foreshadowing alert!

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Cassy2277
21 Oct 2014, 23:21
MissunyNightFury

Also it leaked somehow on the internet - I look on YouTube, but it wasn't there. I'm waiting for the DVD to see it! If I did find It I wouldn't dare watch it, it's not right that people leak things. :(

I didn't know it was illegally released. :( I'd rather wait.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."