Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Where can I get this Dragons Short Film?
Topic Started: 06 Apr 2015, 17:10 (5662 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I was looking through my dragons collection, thinking my DVD collection was complete, when I realized something.. I am missing a vital piece of it; one short, which apparently premiered during the olympics. It is called "Dragons: Race for Gold" not to be confused with the new series race to the edge. To describe it, it is a short where the vikings partake in annual holiday sports. I am willing to buy an entire new copy of the movie just to own this short. But upon looking for it, no one seems to have it. Anyone know where I can find it?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

It's on my Australian Blu-Ray, so I'd take a look at the special features for your country's Blu-Ray. I don't have my old DVD copy to hand, but I'm guessing from your original post that it's not on your version, at the very least.

Though having seen the series of shorts, I can safely say that you're not missing much. It pretty clearly doesn't fit into continuity (unless Stoick is secretly an Asgardian or a Space Marine - trust me, you'll see what I mean if you watch it), and is really nothing of note at all.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

They're five adverts rather than a full short. They came out before the first movie came out during the Olympics. You can find them on the DreamWorksTV YouTube channel.

Here's the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 84FCB53195
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

How did I miss those? They were pretty funny!
My favorite one has to be the one where Hiccup snowboards. It's so not-cannonical to the film that it's awesome.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

thenightandthefury
06 Apr 2015, 21:10
thinking my DVD collection was complete
By this, do you mean that you have all the DVDs? Can you post a picture of them? Would love to see it!

Sadly my DVD collection only extends to a recordable DVD with HTTYD taped off the TV! (adverts included!), but some day I would love to have the entire collection!

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Not like every single version of each movie, but I do have all the movies and extras, or so I thought. Here's some pics of my DVD collection. I also have the music on a CD, the booklet that came with the How To Train Your Dragon package, and some toys. (Skrill, hideous zippleback, and the bewilderbeast mini, cloudjumper mini, toothless mini, and a tiny zipple back from an egg that I hatched. Plus the sheep game) I am including the back of one of the DVD's (the deluxe How to Train Your Dragon DVD) as thats where some of the shorts are on.

How To Train Your Dragon Deluxe DVD and Blu Ray Version - Front

How To Train Your Dragon Deluxe DVD - Back
Includes Book of Dragons, Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon, How to Find Your Dragon, and Dreamworks How to Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular

How To Train Your Dragon DVD/Blu Ray Combo + Digital HD + Sheep Toss Game
Includes HTTYD 2 in High Definition and Standard Definition + the movie on Google Play so I can watch it on my tablet, computer, etc.
It also includes these extras:
Dawn of the Dragon Racers, Hiccups Inventions in Flight, Berks Dragon World, Drago's War Machines, Fishlegs Dragon Stats, Deleted Scenes, Commentary by Simon Otto & Bonnie Arnold & Dean Deblois & Pierre Olivier-Vincent, Where No One Goes - The Making of How To Train Your Dragon 2, Gallery, World of Dreamworks Animation

Riders of Berk Parts 1 & 2 DVDs

Defenders of Berk Parts 1 & 2 DVDs

Gift of the Night Fury DVD

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Well, I bought Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon on a separate dvd, and it included Racing for the Gold as a bonus feature.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Wow, that's quite the impressive collection. ;)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D