Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Astrid or Camicazi?
ASTRID! No doubt! 17 (34%)
CAMICAZI! No doubt about it! 8 (16%)
Camicazi is a bit better... 5 (10%)
Astrid is better, but they're both good. 11 (22%)
I can't decide! Both! 9 (18%)

Astrid or Camicazi?
Topic Started: 08 May 2014, 13:15 (6921 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

HideousZippleback
25 Apr 2014, 04:26
I like neither for some reasons:

Astrid was made literally just for the romance part of HTTTYD.

And Cami sometimes has been a thorn in my side though I do like how she is sometimes the most sensible of the trio when it comes to decision

So I like neither but I like both at the same time.

And yes I have read the books. Since 2004.
Well said, but may I ask, how is she a thorn in your side? I'm just curious about that... :P
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

AuroraBorealis
08 May 2014, 17:15
HideousZippleback

And Cami sometimes has been a thorn in my side though I do like how she is sometimes the most sensible of the trio when it comes to decision

Well said, but may I ask, how is she a thorn in your side? I'm just curious about that... :P
Ah sometimes her mannerism got on my nerves (especailly when we first met her) but she has gotten better and less annoying.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

HideousZippleback
08 May 2014, 17:34
AuroraBorealis
08 May 2014, 17:15
HideousZippleback

Ah sometimes her mannerism got on my nerves (especailly when we first met her) but she has gotten better and less annoying.
I can see that...
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

They are both the best, just in different... dimensions I guees? ;)
Bear the flame

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I prefer Astrid over Camicazi, but just slightly.
Both are cool girls who can fight the most dangerous enemies and help their respective Hiccup when necessary.
But Camicazi is sometimes a little crazy and over-the-top, that's why I like Astrid better.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Camicazi, I've always liked her better. I just think that Astrid had a lot of potential but it was wasted in my opinion :ermm:

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Alpha Toothless
Dragon Egg

Both. Being a person who got into httyd in the wrong order (httyd 2, books, riders, defenders, httyd 1, specials, rtte), I can say that both are very much alike. It's basically comparing book Hiccup and Movie hiccup. They have the same names, but Book hiccup doesn't want to prove himself- at least, not in the way Movie hiccup wants too. Really, all book hiccup's adventures are mishaps. Take How to ride a Dragon's storm, when he was so close to America... but turned back. None of this would have happened if fishlegs hadn't put de blubber on (if you read the books, you know why I said this. SPOILERS). But movie hiccup does this sort of stuff on purpose (well, most of the time). Astrid, although created for romance, proved a nice addition to the series that followed after httyd. And Camicazi? She was created to add some action to the books. She wasn't introduced until the third book. And if you look at concept art, Astrid looked a lot loke Camacazi (back then). It's really a matter of what level of Hiccstrid you are on, or if you read all the books. Me, I'm in the middle. I'm not an overexcited fanboy (oops, let that slip), but I'm not bored by all of this. I've read all the books (except the last one, but I read the books at least 3 times until I got to the next one). I know that maybe in the 3rd movie Camicazi may show up. But after reading this long and lengthy rant, you need to know only one thing- you can't compare them properly. They were created for different reasons, yet they seem so similar if you look at how they behave, what they say, what they do.... You also know what goes through my mind, being a dragon. Dragons are smarter than you Berkians think. Alpha Toothless out. >:(
Alpha Toothless tells you all to please stop and think about what you are going to say next, seeing that you are mesmerized by knowing that I can speak.

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Not read the books as yet but I'll be back later LOL

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

So I just finished the books and Camicazi is different. A good different, but different. But I like Astrid's character a little better, the reason is probably since I saw the movie first but still. I think Camicazi is just a little too much into danger for my liking. Although her minor crush on Hiccup is cute.
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers