Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Which Alvin?
Book Alvin! 21 (78%)
Movie Alvin! 3 (11%)
Both, I can't pick! 3 (11%)

Alivn
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 19:53 (2696 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

DEFIANTLY Alvin in the books is better, no doubt about it!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Series Alvin seems like a fool.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Koriko-Cha
Dragon Egg

While I prefer book!Alvin as a character, I think each Alvin is appropriate for the story in which they find themselves.

Alvin in RoB comes across as more of your gruff standard viking warlord. He fills the spot of Bad Guy in the story, but doesn't do much more than that. He leads the Outcasts as being enemies of Berk, which works well in a show focused around a cast of characters an the civilization itself. This Alvin is well suited to the location-based show.

Alvin in the books is a scheming villain. He is calculative, brilliant, and has more determination to live than a cockroach in the apocalypse. His mind is his greatest weapon, not his brute strength, and he has singled out Hiccup as the subject of his revenge. He is a good arc nemesis of sorts for Hiccup. The books are focused around Hiccup. It is a very character-based story, especially around our beloved skinny, freckled genius of a viking. Book Alvin is well suited to the character-based story.

1rule5
Member Avatar
Cosmic tour guide

I think the book Alvin is better as well. Not that ROB Alvin is bad at all, I just like the book version better. Part of it is the idea that Alvin and Hiccup are the two major points of intelligence out of all the characters, and the only ones who consistently use their brains to work out problems. I like to think of them as chess players, sitting at opposite ends of the table guiding their allies around the board as best they can to accomplish their goals. Movie Alvin seems more like another piece in the chess set. A leading piece, like a king, but another piece nonetheless. That's just my two bits though.
|><><|

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

That's a great way to put it!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

toothless lover
fangirl

Alvin from book is way better no doubt about it
KEEP CALM AND TRAIN DRAGONS

������

[spoiler=LOL]I have no idea how to breath[/spoiler]

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I think the reason book Al is so threatening is that, we've seen what he's capable of. Unlike ROB Alvin, he actually hates and wants to kill Hiccup with a burning passion. Rob Alvin, however, has threatened the boy but hasn't shown any signs like that besides wanting him to train the dragons. In the books, Alvin has tried to kill Hiccup numerous times and even though his attempts fail, you gotta admit he goes to some large measures just to kill one kid.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

Book Al works so hard to kill Hic at every turn. Just when you think he is gone for good, BAM! There he is, with another disfiguration. So he is def better!
^_^

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

Book Alvin!
He's smarter and more dangerous.
And Movie Alvin looked like a stereotypical villain from the beginning, while Book Alvin is slender and neat compared to the other Vikings.
I actually imagine Book Alvin looking a little bit like Trader Johann from the TV series. ;)

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Neither are scary. It's Excellionor who is the scary one.