Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Anyone else feel kinda alone in the book fandom?
Topic Started: 25 Apr 2014, 18:50 (4824 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

We have a huge fanbase for the movie but for the books? We're extremely lucky to get Fan art, Fan Fics, Convos or anything for that matter. Anyone else feel like like they can't express their love for these amazing books cause not many will give them a chance?
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I think it's because many think they are children's books and they don't want to read them. We've been waiting for the last book for a really long time and that's probably why the fandom died down a bit.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

WasBornCrazy
25 Apr 2014, 22:56
I think it's because many think they are children's books and they don't want to read them. We've been waiting for the last book for a really long time and that's probably why the fandom died down a bit.
Pretty much this reason.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

WasBornCrazy
Yea I would lean towards this idea also. Though if someone wanted to start a thread discussing the books I would be happy to jump in on that. Personally I just have no idea where to start something like that.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

AndyMay
25 Apr 2014, 23:06
WasBornCrazy
Pretty much this reason.
This generally sums up what I was going to say, too.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

WasBornCrazy
AndyMay
WasBornCrazy
Pretty much this reason.
Demonwolf002
25 Apr 2014, 23:07
WasBornCrazy
Yea I would lean towards this idea also. Though if someone wanted to start a thread discussing the books I would be happy to jump in on that. Personally I just have no idea where to start something like that.
thescienceofmagic
25 Apr 2014, 23:19
AndyMay
WasBornCrazy
Pretty much this reason.
This generally sums up what I was going to say, too.

It's not that I don't get the reasoning. I was just wondering if anyone felt the same way. This still saddens me a bit, seeing as no one quite grasps that even though they're children's books they will tear you to pieces.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Go read GoT, then tell me that doesn't tear you to pieces.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Hope_and_Heir
25 Apr 2014, 23:22
It's not that I don't get the reasoning. I was just wondering if anyone felt the same way. This still saddens me a bit, seeing as no one quite grasps that even though they're children's books they will tear you to pieces.
They aren't 'just children's books' in my opinion at all! They've captivated me as much as 'adult' books do, and I love them to a ridiculous extent. They've also made me have feels as much as the movie has and I cherish the two HTTYD worlds equally.

I don't understand when people dismiss the books because they're 'childish'. People say that about the movie too, yet here we all are obsessing over that like mad. Why should there be a difference?

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

thescienceofmagic
25 Apr 2014, 23:33
Hope_and_Heir
25 Apr 2014, 23:22
They aren't 'just children's books' in my opinion at all! They've captivated me as much as 'adult' books do, and I love them to a ridiculous extent. They've also made me have feels as much as the movie has and I cherish the two HTTYD worlds equally.

I don't understand when people dismiss the books because they're 'childish'. People say that about the movie too, yet here we all are obsessing over that like mad. Why should there be a difference?
THANK YOU. SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AND THE TOPIC… *headdesk* *moans*
Sometimes I just feel as if the book fandom gets snubbed.
You have no idea how many times I have heard 'But if I read the books, they'll ruin my movie fandom.' … I just... Ugh.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

The books are better in my opinion. If you read the whole series you'll know why. Just hiccup's personality makes a difference!

Back to the subject, you're right, to me it seems like people just don't read it. Or sometimes they just judge the first book, which isn't all that good, at least compared to the others. Then they say it's not good. Sometimes they watch the movie first, or call them childish. The endings of the darker ones are epic, I hate it when people call them childish.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.