Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Book 12 Ending [Definite Spoilers]
Topic Started: 25 Sep 2015, 13:00 (2476 Views)
igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

Toothless123
25 Sep 2015, 15:11
draco
25 Sep 2015, 06:00
igix
24 Sep 2015, 23:18
I am both confused and scared now. The twins don't exist .. And toothless can't be ridden ... Fish legs is alvins son? *mind effing blown!!*

Why're the animation and books so different? Genuine question here, it's amazing how different they are. I mean I understand the connotation of "toothless" connoting small and miniature - but why make him this "average" sized powerful - rideable - dragon in the animation? ;o
Actually part of your question is answered In the httyd1 commentary from dean.
I believe he said something along the lines of, "We couldn't just have the scrawniest Viking team up with the scrawniest dragon. The dragon had to be a force to be reckoned with." :)
guess it makes sense, pretty cool though :)
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

igix
24 Sep 2015, 23:18
I am both confused and scared now. The twins don't exist .. And toothless can't be ridden ... Fish legs is alvins son? *mind effing blown!!*

Why're the animation and books so different? Genuine question here, it's amazing how different they are. I mean I understand the connotation of "toothless" connoting small and miniature - but why make him this "average" sized powerful - rideable - dragon in the animation? ;o
Because the directors wanted to have the vikings and dragons at war on the movie, so if your protagonist is going to take the risk of going against your culture and training a dragon, then that dragon needs to be quite dangerous, otherwise it doesn't have much impact on the viewer.
Also Tuffnut does exist in the books. He is part of the Pirate Training Programme with Hiccup Fishlegs Snotlout, Wartihog and some other minor characters. He has a Rocket Ripper as a riding dragon and an Eaglefly as a hunting dragon.
My dragon den:

Toothless123
Night Fury

igix
25 Sep 2015, 17:00
Toothless123
25 Sep 2015, 15:11
draco
25 Sep 2015, 06:00
Actually part of your question is answered In the httyd1 commentary from dean.
I believe he said something along the lines of, "We couldn't just have the scrawniest Viking team up with the scrawniest dragon. The dragon had to be a force to be reckoned with." :)
guess it makes sense, pretty cool though :)
:)

igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

Thanks for the replies guys, means a lot coming from only watching the animation. Guess I'll just have to deal with the fact the books and animation are almost completely different universes xD
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

If you end up reading the books, read them without the movie in mind. I think that way you'd enjoy them more and you'd give them a chance to show how great they are on their own. Just a suggestion. :)
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.