Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Book 12 Ending [Definite Spoilers]
Topic Started: 21 Sep 2015, 17:12 (2437 Views)
igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

So I must admit I haven't read any of the books, so I don't know half of the dragons mentioned on the HTTYD wiki, nor what the heck Hero's Edge etc. But after watching both Films, all the TV shows (up to episod 13 of Race to the Edge) and the short films I came to wonder how it'll all end.

So i read the plot summary of book 12 on the wiki.

"The witch attempts to kill Hiccup with a poisoned sword, but Furious steps in front of her and is struck by the sword, Even though the blade is not long enough to do damage to the Dragon, he is poisoned and knows he is dying. Furious agrees with Hiccup to a permanent peace, and after Hiccup 2's death,the dragons to go into permanent hiding in the Northern oceans, until such time as humans can be trusted to live in peace with dragons"

So obviously I have a few questions ... Who is Furious and why does he have such a significance in deciding the future of men and dragons? I thought toothless was the Alpha dragon whom commanded them all ... And secondly what does it mean by "Hiccup 2's death?

I'm planning on reading the books in December, since I'm waiting for the next 13 episodes of Race to the Edge to come out.

Thanks guys!
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

igix

Small edit ... After reading the summaries of all the books ... They're so god damn different ... Fish legs is skinny? Astrid doesn't exist? Snotlaut named Toothless? It's so different wow.
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free

igix

Well I read them all, pretty much get the story now I guess ... Hiccup tries to find the dragons Jewel to topple alvin off the throne to stop the war that's already going on .. He finds it, stops it, permanent peace by negotiating with furious, dragons leave, now I feel sad :( I prefer the animation story to the books it seems. Not having the dragon riders as a whole (with astrid and their dragons) seems weird ...

I wonder what happened to Toothless regarding the whole leaving bit, considering he needs a rider? Or does he not in the books? They are so different ... Snotlout as a backstabber kind of character? Man it's odd.

I guess that's it really, shame it ended like that, God damn alvin and his mother!
A Chief protects his own

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

You really need to read the books. They're the original HtTYD after all. ;)
I myself have yet to read them, but I keep reading summaries and reviews instead. xD

igix

Yeah I suppose you're right, it's just really odd lol ... Used to having the whole gang together :(
A Chief protects his own

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Ruffnut doesn't exist either. Also Toothless is a small dragon, he can't be ridden. And Fishlegs turned out to be Alvin's son.
My dragon den:

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Fishlegs is alvins son :blink: :O :O
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

igix

I am both confused and scared now. The twins don't exist .. And toothless can't be ridden ... Fish legs is alvins son? *mind effing blown!!*

Why're the animation and books so different? Genuine question here, it's amazing how different they are. I mean I understand the connotation of "toothless" connoting small and miniature - but why make him this "average" sized powerful - rideable - dragon in the animation? ;o
A Chief protects his own

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

igix
24 Sep 2015, 23:18
I am both confused and scared now. The twins don't exist .. And toothless can't be ridden ... Fish legs is alvins son? *mind effing blown!!*

Why're the animation and books so different? Genuine question here, it's amazing how different they are. I mean I understand the connotation of "toothless" connoting small and miniature - but why make him this "average" sized powerful - rideable - dragon in the animation? ;o
Actually part of your question is answered In the httyd1 commentary from dean.
As the difference between the book and movie.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Toothless123
Night Fury

draco
25 Sep 2015, 06:00
igix
24 Sep 2015, 23:18

Actually part of your question is answered In the httyd1 commentary from dean.
I believe he said something along the lines of, "We couldn't just have the scrawniest Viking team up with the scrawniest dragon. The dragon had to be a force to be reckoned with." :)