Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Serpents heir
Topic Started: 05 Mar 2017, 16:50 (4089 Views)
Pipwizard
Gronckle

Ok I'm soooooo glad I didn't purchase it my friend took screen shots of hers lol it was ok I wouldn't say it was crap but it lacked that finesse of the magic of httyd , I didn't see the point I really think they need to do a series after the third film when. Ever that will be what do you all think be honest
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

It was in fact lacking in charm, but I'm not entirely disappointed. It's another thing to add to my merch collection. *shrug* But no, it wasn't all that great...
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Joel
What should I put here..

Anyone have a album of it? I've head negatives about it and don't want to buy it if it's not the best!

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Is the Serpents Heir worth it, I guess that's up to you individually, personally though I think that it is. The art when I look at it at the very least puts me in the mind of HTTYD. There were a few scenes where I'd say things look or feel a bit off,(For example Stormfly looks a little weird in some scenes here and there.) otherwise I have no complaints on the art. The story without spoiling anything to me feels like another episode of the show if I'm honest. When we first heard of the graphic novel I was hoping for a story that was more inline with the movies then the shows, it wasn't what I was hoping for but what we've got isn't bad.

Overall I'd say go into it with no major hopes or expectations and I think you'll find it enjoyable. Based on The Serpents Heir though I would enjoy seeing other graphic novels or even actual books to.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Demonwolf002
07 Mar 2017, 02:06
Is the Serpents Heir worth it, I guess that's up to you individually, personally though I think that it is. The art when I look at it at the very least puts me in the mind of HTTYD. There were a few scenes where I'd say things look or feel a bit off,(For example Stormfly looks a little weird in some scenes here and there.) otherwise I have no complaints on the art. The story without spoiling anything to me feels like another episode of the show if I'm honest. When we first heard of the graphic novel I was hoping for a story that was more inline with the movies then the shows, it wasn't what I was hoping for but what we've got isn't bad.

Overall I'd say go into it with no major hopes or expectations and I think you'll find it enjoyable. Based on The Serpents Heir though I would enjoy seeing other graphic novels or even actual books to.
I totally agree with the episode bit I was thinking that when reading the beginning why couldn't they just wait till the third film or start the series after the last season of rtte maybe we need to hound dreamworks lol

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

To those who are interested, here's the latest Berkcast episode where we review 'Serpent's Heir' including spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L431_Oi4Elc

ahmed hany
Dragon Egg

i've got a pdf version (actually it was pictures and i created the pdf but anyway)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/blnyelakw ... s+heir.pdf

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

if this book was anymore money i would say dont buy it but this was not worth the hype. it was so out of cannon with the new characters
Spoiler: click to toggle

OC: Oliver and Storm