Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dragon Wing (Dreki Vængr)
Topic Started: 09 Apr 2014, 17:16 (2399 Views)
Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

READ HERE

Summary:
Hiccup and Toothless embark on a wild adventure to the unknown lands beyond Berk in search of new dragons! After discovering a lost island, what Hiccup discovers may change his journey completely.

Due to continued success for this book, the sequel is also in the making, and most of it is available on this site too!

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

Do you guys want me to post the story here?

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Yes, of course you can post it here.
If it is a really long text please use [spoiler][/spoiler].
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

1- How to say Goodbye
This is Berk.

Dragons and Humans live here in peace.

They are our family, and Berk has changed so much since they moved in.

The only thing is: Berk is very small. No matter where you go there's always someone breathing down your neck.

That is why I've decided to go on an adventure.
"Don't forget your armor."

"Got it."

"And rations."

"Got it."

"Oh and your weapons- just in case."

"Dad! I got everything, okay? Can I just go now?" Hiccup hunched his shoulders and stuck out his lower lip as he expressed his eagerness wildly with his hand motions.

Stoick smiled. The burly, larger viking stood at least a foot taller than his skinny son, and looked twenty times more menacing.

"Sorry son, I'm just so excited for you- adventuring out to new lands, encountering new dragons! It's every viking's dream! Well, except of course, you know... that was when we wanted to kill them all," he ranted in his thick scottish accent. "Oh!" He turned around and pulled something from behind his back, "don't forget this- your mother did make it for you after all."

Hiccup let out another sigh. "Thanks," he took the soft item from his father's masculine hands. It was the small, blue, stuffed dragon that he had so feared as a child, but after he threw it into the ocean and Trader Johann had returned it years later, it was the only thing left from his mother, other than his breast-plate viking helmet of course. "I'll miss you dad."

"I'll miss you too son; take care. Did you say good bye to your friends yet? I bet Astrid is waiting outside."

"She probably is. I'll go talk to her now. Bye dad!" Hiccup huffed through a strangling hug from his father before teetering outside on his one good leg. The light shone brightly behind a layer of clouds; that meant it was a good day to fly. His hair fell lightly over his forehead and his new leather armour snagged on his favourite green tunic. He hoisted his sack higher onto his shoulder and marched down into the village.

Toothless bounced down after him with a saddle hooked up to several bags of rations and blankets. "There you are bud!" Before he could give his massive dragon a proper greeting, the giant ball of energy leapt up and knocked him over. "Hey! Hey now! Toothless!" He cringed as the dragon slobbered his face excessively. Hiccup shoved him off and stood up, "Oh gross!" He glared over at the dragon, "thanks a lot... I really needed that." The dragon made a gurgling sound of playful mockery. He shook some of the slime off with his hands and wiped it on his pants just before Astrid strode over. Her tall, lithe form had changed with age, and now she was more beautiful than ever. He had to remind himself not to drool.

"So... Today's the day, huh?" She clasped her hands and looked at the ground awkwardly.

Hiccup always swelled at the fact that he could make Astrid, the fearless Astrid Hofferson, nervous. Of course that didn't mean he was any less awkward. "Yeah... I think I decided to head Southwest."

"Oh that will be good. You never know what could be up there," Astrid had a light smile on her face as she looked up at him after a moment.

Hiccup sucked in a breath of courage, "I'm really going to miss you." He held his breath, but as soon as their met eyes he looked away timidly.

A smiled stretched across her face, and without another moments hesitation she leapt into his embrace. Her arms swung around his shoulders and her head rested in the crook of his neck. Hiccup wrapped his arms around her. "I'll try not to stay away too long."

"Good; because you already made it clear that I can't come with you, and if I can't come with you then you better come back safe," she huffed in an amusing tone as she pulled back to look him in the eyes.

He admired her light blue iris's and how they seemed to glisten with tears. "Well, I'll have Toothless with me. And don't worry I will come back."

She leaned forward tentatively and pressed her lips to his lightly. He couldn't help but smile as she pulled him quickly into another hug as the sound of more footsteps approached the couple. "Don't forget about us..." she whispered into his ear before separating the close embrace. He mouthed 'I won't', before turning to greet his fellow dragon riders.

"Oh, and remember to write down every fact you can about every dragon you see," Fishlegs said.

"Uh, more like, try not to die," Snotlout jeered.

"But that would be so awesome!" Ruffnut yelled.

"Totally!" Tuffnut high-fived his twin sister, "Oh, but I want to hear how it happens- so don't spare any detail."

"Thanks guys," Hiccup nodded, "really appreciate that vote of confidence in my survival." He sauntered to Toothless who shook his head in anticipation.

"Your welcome; and don't come back with another missing leg or something," Ruffnut snorted and turned to Tuffnut who snickered again.

Hiccup smiled, "bye guys, I won't be gone forever." He threw his leg over the dragon and hooked his belt to the saddle.

"Bye Hiccup!" Fishlegs called.

"Stay safe- I love you!" Astrid said. The group turned to look at her with wide-eyes, "What? If any of you think I'm going soft I can just as easily rip your throats out." They turned away, convinced she was telling the truth.

Hiccup beamed, "see you all soon!" And with a beat of Toothless' massive black wings, they were soaring high into the clouds and off into the distance.

Dragon Wings
Dragon Defender

Awesome! A story about me! Finally someone recognizes my star quality. ;)
Lol, but seriously. Great job. ^ ^
And we've killed thousands of them! They defend themselves, that's all! ~Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

You read the whole book on fanfiction.net??!!!

HAHA thank you so much!
Yeah I figured you needed a story :)

Check out the sequel!!

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Great job! I hope you continue, I'm anxious.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Dragon Wings
Dragon Defender

Berknation
11 Apr 2014, 04:08
You read the whole book on fanfiction.net??!!!

HAHA thank you so much!
Yeah I figured you needed a story :)

Check out the sequel!!
(You were talking to me here right? Sorry if not. It's hard to tell without a quote)

No, I haven't read the whole story on fanfic. ^ ^; I meant great chapter. :) But I'm sure the whole thing is great! ^.^
And we've killed thousands of them! They defend themselves, that's all! ~Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great story.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

2- How to Locate Land

Rushing wind beat against the two companions as they soared through the oceanic breeze. There was no sign of land within sight and the dark waters below didn't look too inviting either. Toothless was getting tired and gradually slowing down over the course of the day.

"Come on bud we'll find somewhere to land, just keep going." He scanned the horizon for any sign of structure… nothing. He let out a sigh, knowing that the sun would set in a few short hours. He adjusted his seating and felt himself sit on something. He precariously pulled it out and examined it- the blue dragon. It's soft, cloth eyes gazed at nothing, but meant the world to Hiccup. He tucked it into one of the sacks hanging from his belt before Toothless let out a restless groan. "I said it'll be okay- we'll…" he stopped.

Just over the expanse of ocean, Hiccup could make out an island. "See bud! we can stop there." The dragon seemed to breath a sigh of relief. He rubbed the scales behind Toothless' ears.

The island grew bigger, but Hiccup stared confused as it seemed to rise higher and higher into the sky. Soon the pair was faced square off with a massive island… possibly larger than Berk. They stared unbelieving at the land mass. What Hiccup had thought was a tiny island, was the top of a volcano. The jungle below it expanded great distances around the rocky outcrop and stretched to a quiet beach that met with the sea.

"Great Odin… This is amazing! There has to be some dragons on this island!" The smile spread across his face.

Toothless landed half-heartedly on the sand and dragged himself up the beach to crash near the tree-line.

"That's okay bud, you rest. It's almost night anyways, I'll get a fire going." With no further response from his friend he trudged into the forest. It was overgrown and the trees stretched high, letting little light seep to the forest-floor.

Hiccup ensured that he stay in eye sight of the beach before he snapped several sticks off their stumps and picked up enough fallen twigs to get a good fire going.

"I guess that should do it." He made his way back to the beach, emptying his armload on the sand. He arranged it quickly and set to work on the flame since Toothless was clearly unwilling to help. The lazy dragon lay behind him asleep.

Hiccup shivered slightly; it may be a jungle, but it sure got cold at night. Soon he was finally able to get a flame started and began building it up. Warmth finally spread through him.

"I wonder what the riders are doing. Maybe Astrid is teaching them a lesson in survival," he mused at the thought, and sighed. "I kind of miss her already." He looked up at the stars briefly and remembered his mission. "I can't wait to explore tomorrow. What kind of dragons do you think there will be out there?" He asked the non-responsive lizard. "Maybe a Skrill! Or… or."

A cracking sound erupted behind him. He spun around on instinct, drawing his puny knife from his belt. He watched the tree line for any signs of movement.

Nothing.

He relaxed and noted that it was just the waves. That is, until he heard it again.

"Toothless," he whispered, "wake up bud, I think we have company." He shuffled around the dragon to get closer to the trees. The light of the moon shone on the closest side, sending deep shadows far into the undergrowth.

The dragon moaned groggily.

"Toothless get up you lazy dragon," Hiccup poked his head lightly with his foot.

Another crack sounded and Hiccup stood defensively with the knife clutched in both hands in front of him. If the dragon hadn't been sleeping on his weapons he might feel a little more safe, but with just a knife he was pretty much done for.

He held his ground before noticing a fern shuffle several meters past the initial tree.

"Pssst, Toothless!" He attempted to wake the dragon again through a whisper out of the side of his mouth.

Still no response. Did he not understand that there was an imminent threat to Hiccup's very survival? The viking fumed at the thought. Usually Toothless would pounce to his defence at the slightest sound of danger!

Hiccup suddenly tensed as his green gaze met with another pair of glowing, bright blue ones.