Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Chasing Thunderstorms
Topic Started: 16 Apr 2014, 14:01 (1533 Views)
AndyMay
[b][color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God[/color][/b]

Who here has read Chasing Thunderstorms by Foxy's Girl? I honestly think it's one of the best fics in the fandom and I want to know what everyone else thinks of it (plus I want to talk about parts of the plot with people that've read it)
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

AndyMay
16 Apr 2014, 18:01
How here has read Chasing Thunderstorms
And you are from the UK, shame on you! XD
I haven't read it, it is about skrills I guess? :P

AndyMay

Nightshade
16 Apr 2014, 18:14
AndyMay
How here has read Chasing Thunderstorms
And you are from the UK, shame on you! XD
I haven't read it, it is about skrills I guess? :P
Thanks for pointing that out.

And no lol. It's actually a modern AU. The title, if I recall correctly, is to do with Hiccups and Astrids relationship (I think the title keeps popping up around in the fic).

I'm pretty sure every time something big happens in their relationship, e.g. they have sex (that's in the M rated sequel), there is a storm going on (I'm now tempted to reread it to see if this is the case).

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

AndyMay
Who here has read Chasing Thunderstorms by Foxy's Girl? I honestly think it's one of the best fics in the fandom and I want to know what everyone else thinks of it (plus I want to talk about parts of the plot with people that've read it)
I love it and I love Foxy's Girl, she is such an awesome person.
We can talk about it anytime :-)
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

AndyMay

HaddocksOrTails
20 Apr 2014, 01:06
AndyMay
XD Finally someone that has read it! And I totally agree! Foxy's Girl is amazing, probably my top author on ff.net

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

AndyMay
20 Apr 2014, 01:11
HaddocksOrTails
20 Apr 2014, 01:06
AndyMay
XD Finally someone that has read it! And I totally agree! Foxy's Girl is amazing, probably my top author on ff.net
Yeah, she's definitely my favourite. But truth be told, I think I like Stages of Grief even better. Or... I don't even know, the whole package is amazing :-)

AndyMay

I like to think of them as equally good. Mainly because I just can't decide which one is actually better. I love them both so much. Plus SoG has a good lemon scene that was well written (I kind of regret reading all of CT because it spoilt that scene, which SoG is pretty much all about)

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

AndyMay
20 Apr 2014, 01:44
I like to think of them as equally good. Mainly because I just can't decide which one is actually better. I love them both so much. Plus SoG has a good lemon scene that was well written (I kind of regret reading all of CT because it spoilt that scene, which SoG is pretty much all about)
Hehe, yeah, that's a good part and I'm totally going up to Glasgow someday partly because of it. But apart from that, I like really like the whole 'anguishy' mood and how almost everything turns out bad. Yeah, and the scene with Gobber in the restaurant, that's a really funny one. And anything with Ruffnut in it.

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

I love love love CT and SoG and Poof and Braced. So glad to find someone else who understandS!
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns