Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
My Top Ten Upcoming Fanfictions!
Topic Started: 18 Jul 2016, 07:25 (1389 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Not even going to introduce myself. You get the idea *holds up the title*

So, these are my favourite fanfictions i have in my archives, as of now. Now, do take note that i have about two hundred of these in total, so this is pretty hard to do for me.

What will stories be 'voted' on? Well, here we go.

RULES:

-No One/Two-Shots, or Drabbles allowed.
-Must be awesome enough to get on here.

And you, my reader, should seriously note that all this is IN THE CURRENT DAY. These are the upcoming fanfictions from the 18th of June, 2016.

If you have a request, suggestion, or anything fanfiction-eny you want from me, just say the word. Only thing i WILL NOT do, at ANY circumstances, is write... *coughs*Lemons... No circumstances. NEVER. So forget it. Thank you.

Dragonites, Fangirls, may i present to you, my Top Ten Upcoming Fanfictions (HttyD)!

10. The Crystal Dragon
Genre: Adventure/Angst. Rated: T.

Starting off with a story i believe could be a potential tear-jerker, we have a story based off the rumour that HttyD3 will have the extinction of dragons.

This Fanfiction is set approximately 5 years after the second film, lining up with the time gaps for a bit of a reference. Hiccup is now comfortable as Chief, and life on Berk has been better and grander than ever..... Until now.

The dragons start to fall fatally ill, aging rapidly fast. Toothless is among these- and it's breaking poor Hiccup's heart.

Desperate, ready to do anything, Hiccup leaps at the glimmer of hope that is the legend, the 'Crystal' dragon. Now, Hiccup and Toothless go on the dangerous and perilous trek to the lair of the creature... Which may be their last adventure, ever.

9. One Simple Truth
Genre: Angst/TBC. Rated: T (May go up).

A dark story meant to bring out Hiccup's chilling, menacing side, along with Toothless' killer within. After running away from Berk, what was meant to be a mission to gather other dragons to prove that they were innocent, Hiccup's mind is tainted and hollowed out, leaving the old him in the shadows for merciless slaughtering. With both Romans and Vikings out to kill them, war is inevitable, and when Stoick learns that Drago Bludvist is back and wanting to kill this fabled 'Dragon Lord' he reluctantly teams up against who is actually his son, with his wife close behind astride a bloodthirsty army of dragons and a terrifying snow-white Alpha.

8. When You Can't Stand, I'll Stand For You
Genre: Angst/Romance (TBC). Rated: T (May go up).

A story about a fallen angel. A story about a forbidden love between a dark, tortured, abused Slave Angel, and his sworn enemy, the daughter of the one who imprisoned him for years past his knowledge. Can she see past his inner darkness, his huge wings and dark feathers, dull, sunken eyes and bared snarl? And can he ever forgive the human race? Only time will tell, in this never-ending war of blood, fire, and rage, within the mind and soul, and in the real, waking world, as dragons slowly begin to rise from the volcano of evil and menace, tempting insanity and the ultimate end to come and finish the fight. (Hiccup x OC, as of now. Dragons more dangerous/evil, darker world, etc. Dark!Hiccup, in short.)

7. I Thought I Was Stronger
Genre: Hurt/Comfort/Friendship (TBC). Rated: K+.

WARNING: Spoilers for Season Three of Race to the Edge.

After the Marble Fort is destroyed, the Quakens are taken to go back to their ordinary lives- or, well, the older one who didn't have to serve the Hunters since hatching.

When one of the Catastrophic Quakens can't actually live like an actual dragon on his own, they have to help him back to his natural glory; which is easier said than done. Thankfully, it seems like a certain Triple Stryke is willing to lend a helping paw.

6. DragonSpawn [1] / The Strikers: The Draconian Soldier [2]
[1] Genre: Drama/Family. Rated: T.
[2] Genre: Adventure/Friendship. Rated: T.

Now, the reason for why I put these two in the same place is for two main reasons; which are their similarities.

First, they both involve the concept of being forced a extremely trained, reluctant, dark hero, and secondly, they have Hiccup also reuniting with his village and father- however, in DragonSpawn, it also brings Valka into the fray.

One thing about the Draconian Soldier- which is a direct reference to Captain America:Winter Soldier, is the fact that we see a team of these super-soldier, badass dragon riders, all forced into being 'heroes' when they're actually the villains, behind the scenes. Inspired by its title reference, it heavily takes off from that movie, with the similar themes, so to speak, matching Hiccup up with Bucky from the film.

NOTE: I have actually drawn concept art for this story, with Hiccup and Toothless taking that privilege. Link below.

Concept Art- Hiccup & Toothless in 'The Strikers: The Draconian Soldier'- DeviantArt

Meanwhile, DragonSpawn takes a much more ominous feel, with lots of mysteries that are eventually answered in its pretty much confirmed sequel, DragonHeart, with these 'DragonSpawn' being kidnapped as children and trained against their will, bonded for life with a dragon. Since Hiccup bonds with a legendary Night Fury, they immediately pounce on this opportunity. Not much is sorted out for this one, but since they are pretty similar, i called a tie for these two kidnapping-forced-hero stories.

5. Nineteen Hours
Genre: Suspense/Drama. Rated: T.

Toothless has been captured by an unknown source, and Hiccup has to save him...

And he's only got nineteen hours to do it.

4. Follow Your Star
Genre:Adventure/Friendship. Rated: K+.

After the events of HttyD2, and everything has calmed down, Hiccup and Eret spend some down-time together. After Eret tells the young Chief about the legend of the Night Furies, how they could be found by following the blue star in the sky that appeared every ninety-seven years, for four days.

As it approaches quickly, Hiccup and Toothless head out to try and find the Night Furies... But as it dawns on Hiccup that Toothless may want to stay with his own kind, memories come to him.

When the ancient race is discovered, Hiccup leaves Toothless without a goodbye or notice...

Heart-broken, lost, and crying out for his beloved human, will Toothless ever see Hiccup again? Or shall he be lost in the starry skies with the Night Furies forever, until the end of eternity?

3. Shadow Rider
Genre: Angst/Family. Rated: T.

When the war with Drago Bludvist started, no one could have foreseen what it would bring. Hiccup loses his mind, eventually running away to protect his heartbroken friends, village, and father. Occasionally diving into a battle, under the coat of darkness, to defend or attack Berk, the village is at a loss of what to do.

7 years later, and Heather, accompanied by Windshear, arrive on a struggling, dying Berk to help with the war- shortly after, the mysterious 'Shadow Rider', who only Berk knows is in fact their heir, and his Night Fury, show up on Berk, a changed man and dragon clad in black armour. Their souls darkened and empty, the village wonders if their Hiccup even exists any more. The Shadow Rider claims that he has a steadfast army right behind him, ready to attack at his command... But who are they? And who is this 'Lightning Rider' and 'Metal Rider'?

(Taken from Story Poll I held with this as a choice- Shadow Rider turned out the winner, so this story should be out relatively near in the future.)

2. InSaNiTY
Genre: Horror/Angst. Rated: M.

WARNING: This is rated M for a good reason.

A horrific, dark and haunting tale of a corrupted Hiccup, tortured and abused by Drago Bludvist since the young child he was when that Stormcutter took him and his mother, but only managed to bring one back safely to the nest of the Alpha. The baby ended up somewhere, much, MUCH worse, with a madman who found just the purpose for the young child- becoming his Killing Machine, his Death Rider, riding upon the back of the Unholy Offspring of Lightning and Death Itself into the war.

This is honestly one of my most anticipated stories, on my behalf, and I can't wait to start writing this. BUT, there are others who need to get there first... Although InSaNiTY did get the second place on the Poll, meaning it shouldn't take overly long.

Here is the summary given through that Poll;

23 years ago, shortly after the Heir of Berk was born, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, the baby was kidnapped during an unusual raid led by armoured dragons. Since then, Berk has fallen. The last few survivors are taken away to a dark place, where they meet the re-known and feared Dragon Rider, and his legendary Night Fury. The supposed son of Drago Bludvist, he endured terrible and horrific torture for his entire life. A heartless, cold and scarred killing machine, he lives by the code, 'Just ignore their screams, and don't think twice, just accept your fate and die in the Dragon's Device.' He never questioned his life. He never wondered who their worst enemy, the Dragon Riding Vigilante, who protects the Dragon Sanctuary, was underneath the mask. It's his job to kill, love doesn't exist, and dragons are nothing but machines.... But what if everything he had ever known is wrong?

1. Death's End [1] / Ragnarok [2] (TIW AU; Books 2 & 3 of the DragonBorn Trilogy.)
[1] Genre: Fantasy/Family (TBC). Rated: T.
[2] Genre: Fantasy/Drama (TBC). Rated: T.

These two are here for a solid reason. If you aren't aware, they are part of my leading AU, the This Is War AU. They are books two and three of the DragonBorn Trilogy, the sequels to the first book (published and in progress), This Is War.

Now, if you don't want spoilers, then I suggest turning away. But, if you do...

Death's End.

-Sequel to Book One of the TIW Main Series, 'This Is War'.
-Book Two of the Main Series, 'The DragonBorn'.
-Set approximately two years post the events of 'This Is War'.

Summary: 'Chained for a thousand years...' He's coming. 'Longing to hear the sound of crushing bones and agonised screams...' Stronger than ever before. 'The taste of Humanblaka's blood on my tongue.... The satisfaction of their Skulblaka's mourning cries....' And he's out for revenge.... 'I see Death's End.'

Plot: Two years after Hiccup's return to Asgard, Hiccup and Toothless are no-where near done with their tale. They are called on by Asgard, disrupting their already chaotic lives, and they want his full loyalty, as their new Captain- However, they aren't the only gods wanting the assistance of the legendary DragonBorn. As conflicts rise among multiple gods of various races, a new, awful villain is set free, ready to unleash his vengeance upon his sole enemy- the Draconians. Along with a half-cyborg Dragon and its Rider, and an unexpected ally, the new threat sets his plans to action, starting by literally taking Silus to Hel. Aurora mysteriously no where to be found, Hiccup and Toothless are chasing their own tails as they race to figure out this conflict, and stop a total war between gods. Seems easy, right? Just another day in Hiccup and Toothless' daily lives, huh? Well, not quite, considering the fact that Aurora has a evil, manipulative sister on the loose from her long, mysterious and unknown imprisonment, Astrid and Stormfly are missing too, and Hiccup's only son, with his dragon Helfire, is being held captive and is dying, well... Let's just say there MIGHT be some conflicts to solve.

Oo------------------------------------------------------oO

Hope you enjoyed! And yes, i am aware of all the Angst here... That's my style. :D

DRAGONITES UNITE!
-Crystallion12
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote