Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Headcanons Public Library
Topic Started: 18 Jun 2021, 13:08 (830 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Now I already posted a thread like this on the School of Dragons forum and got some interesting responses, but now I want your contributions, fellow Grapeviners! If you have HTTYD headcanons you want to share, please do so! The original idea was just to gather headcanons about how dragons might work, but HCs about any part of the franchise are welcome.

I'm not going to copy my entire rules list here, but it basically boils down to "Be polite, respect your fellow fans, and give credit unless the person whose headcanon you want to use has said you can use it without."

Let's compile an awesome library, everyone! :D
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Headcanon: Monstrous Nightmare territorial disputes
(Wild) Monstrous Nightmares settle territorial disputes as follows: The one which does not own the territory in question uses his fire to mark a ring around it, then, as loudly as possible, roars a challenge against the one who claims it. More often than not, this 'ceremony' of sorts takes place at night. Should he receive no response (a very rare occurrence), the territory defaults to him. However, in the vastly more likely event that the original claimant accepts the challenge (signified by a challenging roar of his own), it is single combat, either to the death, or until one submits and leaves. It is not uncommon for this contest of prowess to last multiple days.

Team Pathetic Banner

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Headcanon: Dragons' eyes
Don't ask for logical backing arguments for this, because I have none. :P All dragons' eyes actually emit a small amount of light. Especially noticeable in the Monstrous Nightmare, when the dragon is about to breathe fire / use whatever its breath weapon is, its eyes briefly glow brighter; and when it's tired, they glow less brightly (and at least in the Monstrous Nightmare's case, go from a bright yellow glow at full wakefulness through orange and then decidedly a dull red as the dragon is about to drift off into sleep).

Team Pathetic Banner