Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Sheet Music
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 23:40 (3005 Views)
TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

I love music in its written form, because it's so mysterious -- there's the written stuff, now these people are gonna turn it into sound. And I love creating the written form of music, too.

I do stuff in my spare time (engraving does take some time), and so far I have things like a near-unplayable solo violin arrangement of "Romantic Flight", the first trumpet part for "See You Tomorrow", and the violins part for "Astrid Goes for a Spin" done solely by ear. I can also take requests for extracting orchestral parts.

So, anyone else interested in the crazy world of arranging/transcribing/engraving?
Σ (a sigma-ture)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

What about MIDI-Files? They are also some kind of music sheets.

I have some of the scores here.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

Thanks for the Romantic Flight arrangement! I'll definitely try it out.

This past year I've been playing some movie music with my friends, but we have unusual instrumentation: 2 clarinets, a flute, a classical guitar player (me), and we've added a viola. So we've been arranging our own music! Here's the first draft of a HTTYD medley I made a few months ago: http://musescore.com/user/151673/scores/152366. It's different now -- things changed when the viola player joined -- but the arrangement is still recognizable.

I've also made an arrangement of New Tail for solo guitar, which turned out quite difficult to play. I'll eventually make a recording and share the video and score here when it's done.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

For piano look up sebastion wolfe if you have not already. He has just about every important song in HTTYD.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

If anyone has like an Easy Guitar tab (other than the one found on ultimate guitar ) for Forbidden Friendship or Test drive or really any httyd aong send me a link please!
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Another person who plays a musical instrument, now I don't feel alone anymore. :D

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Asvald Veleif
07 May 2014, 08:38
Another person who plays a musical instrument, now I don't feel alone anymore. :D
Check my title xD

We should form a dragons band :3
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I'm currently doing a rendition of Romantic Flight for piano :P Hopefully I'll be done by next week...

EDIT: haha, maybe not

EDIT (after about a year) Hey look, I finished it!

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

I composed a short piece combining Romantic Flight and This is Berk for some 10 year old cellists, and I play cello myself, so I kinda make up versions of the songs all the time. I can play Where's Hiccup on the keyboard (I taught myself, thankyou very much, and I am 13 and don't play piano.) and a real rough version of Forbidden Friendship. That's about all.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

My next project, which I'll wrap in spoilers tag because it deals with the HTTYD2 score:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Zer0x
14 Apr 2014, 19:15
What about MIDI-Files? They are also some kind of music sheets.

I have some of the scores here.
Uh, so, it, uh, appears that your "Dragon Battle.mid" is actually the main theme from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I was very confused for a moment.
Σ (a sigma-ture)