Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 03 Jan 2019, 21:11 (43025 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I recently had an amazing idea for the next HTTYD game...

It would basically be like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in that it would be a huge open world (since I really love that particular genre), featuring every single location in the HTTYD franchise. (Such as Berk, Raven Point, Dragon Island, even the Dragon Sanctuary, including the places that Hiccup and Toothless can travel to in Rise of Berk. Shivering Shores, for example.) You would play as any of the main characters, including Valka and Eret or even Drago, and you could either fly or swim (in the case of the Bewilderbeast or Scauldron, for example) on a dragon (your own one, or a trained one, which you could tame in the wild or hatch from an egg) with a choice of any of the dragon species ever made, or you could walk.

I realise that such a game with so many features could take years and lots of money to create, but if it was ever released (for PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch), it would just be my ultimate dream... (DreamWorks, please read this and take note! Or perhaps an extremely talented member of this forum could do some development...? Maybe using Unity 3D or something similar to that?)

Please feel free to add more ideas and features in your replies!
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 18 Apr 2019, 17:13, edited 5 times in total.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Like Go Vacation, but Dragons :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There should be a "press button to use dragon call whenever you get tired of walking, and your dragon will come to you" thing, but there should also be the option of havign your dragon walk next to you.

Hidden paths, different weather patters, and fishing
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Dragondog
04 Jan 2019, 03:37

There should be a "press button to use dragon call whenever you get tired of walking, and your dragon will come to you" thing, but there should also be the option of havign your dragon walk next to you.

You mean, like Pokemon?

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Light Fury
04 Jan 2019, 03:44
Dragondog

You mean, like Pokemon?
As someone who's never played Pokemon, I'll have to take your word for it XD
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog

That's a good idea. ^_^ I've never heard of Go Vacation (although as I said, the HTTYD game would be a lot more like Breath of the Wild to me), I'll have to look it up.

Edit: It looks good, I might buy it.

But back to the HTTYD game... Maybe there could be a feature where you feed the fish that you catch to your dragon, and if you give them enough, they will level up. This could give them a higher shot limit, and more powerful attacks to use on Drago's soldiers or the Hunters that try to hurt you when you're in the overworld. But if that doesn't work, you could collect weapons that are scattered around and upgrade them at Gobber's forge on Berk, using certain types and quantities of ore/rocks/gems, etc, which can be made into iron. Only Boulder Class dragons (e.g. Gronckle, Hotburple) could gather ore, and there could be certain species that can get specific types (for example, only the Catastrophic Quaken can obtain slate?). Once your dragon has been levelled up, you can collect more amounts of ore. There are also certain types of ore that are needed for making specific weapons, for example, you could require Monstrous Nightmare gel, Zippleback gas and a special variety of ore to make Inferno, Hiccup's fire sword.

The different weather patterns could be used really creatively as well. There could be certain dragons that you can only find and tame in specific weather - for example, Skrill in lightning storms, Woolly Howl in a blizzard, Night Fury when it's dark (there would be a day/night cycle), Smothering Smokebreath in fog... the list goes on!

There could be more snow when you travel north, and maybe the game could have a sort of real-time aspect as well, so lightning storms occur more in summer, it snows in winter, etc. That would be a very good way to keep people playing.

I just feel like there is so much potential for the HTTYD games, but nobody is realising it... -_-
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 04 Jan 2019, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

When would it be set though? It can't really be set after The Hidden World.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Light Fury
04 Jan 2019, 09:00
When would it be set though? It can't really be set after The Hidden World.
Hmmm... Well, there would be enemies such as Drago's soldiers, Hunters, maybe Grimmel's men. So I suppose it could be set any time after the first film. And new dragons could be added in updates. Or perhaps the story could be set chronologically, where you play the plots of the films? Although I don't really like that idea. I would prefer for it to be completely open-world, and you can do whatever you want.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Perhaps between 2 and 3 then. That would probably be the best time.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Light Fury
04 Jan 2019, 10:09
Perhaps between 2 and 3 then. That would probably be the best time.
Yes :toothless:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

IMPORTANT NOTICE