Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Berk's Grapevine Forums! Sadly the forums aren't used much these days, but there is still an active group of people on the Dragon Chat and we'd love for you to stop by and say hello! Happy chatting!
March of Dragons
Topic Started: 02 Mar 2021, 04:26 (35 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Welcome to March of Dragons '21!

Feel free to comment here with your prompt responses, or post on the DragonChat, or somewhere on social media, or all of the above!
~:>
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Introduce self.
Hello, I'm

I've been around the Grapevine (and fandom as a whole) since late summer of 2016. My sisters were playing with a bunch of online worlds and stumbled across School of Dragons. They found they could get more gems if they invited friends, so they roped me in. I thought it was neat enough, and then when I heard the soundtracks <3

Some of the info I learned in the quests seemed cool too, so Singey did some research and found that it was based off a movie, and the rest is history.

(That history being, Singey joined the Grapevine, I made some fan vids and wanted to share them with other fans, Singey was like, "Make an account yourself. I don't wanna share 'em all!" And so I'm here, and I don't imagine that I'll ever leave. XD)

As for mentioning buddies—well, y'all can be prepared for a bunch of tags if I know you elsewhere on social media. ;)
~:>

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

March 1-3: Introduce yourself, tell how you became part of the fandom, and list some buddies you met through it.

Well, I don't think I really need to introduce myself here; if you want an introduction, you can read the one in my first-ever post to this community.

As for how I got into the fandom:
I was very late to the Dragons scene. I really only started getting into the fandom a couple of months (I think) before Race to the Edge Season 5 came out. Now I'd heard of How to Train Your Dragon, but never paid it much mind at all, and knew literally nothing about it. What first caught my attention was the soundtrack. I love exciting, orchestral music (always have), so you can imagine what I thought about John Powell's trio (or actually duo, at the time) of materpieces! Having no idea what they were from, I asked my oldest brother (who shares similar taste in music) what his phone was playing. (We were travelling somewhere in his vehicle, and he was using Pandora.) He checked, and told me it was a piece of the HTTYD/2 (I don't remember which) soundtrack, by John Powell. Well, my interest was piqued! I've always had a fascination with dragons, and anything with a soundtrack that great had to be good! I eventually watched the first film, and fell completely in love with it! The characters, the places, the adorable-yet-deadly winged kitten with black scales... every aspect captured my heart and imagination, and holds them to this day. I started browsing HTTYD fanfiction on FanFiction.net, too, though I don't remember whether that was before or after I first watched it. I discovered the second movie, then the TV series. I joined Berk's Grapevine and The Night Fury's Den, and found Berk's Dragons (though I've never done anything there, and it appears it's been 3 years since there's been any activity at all). Being unable to get enough of the Berkian world and enjoying videogames, I joined School of Dragons. All this, and I've never looked back once. Dragons Forever! :D

Some great people I've met through my hopelessly-deep standing in the fandom are (in no particular order and not including members of this community): Blackberry Avar and Cke1st, both great authors of HTTYD fanfiction; Flittlocke Ingerman, a wonderfully uplifting person, and a great artist; and Tim "Hello Future Me" Hickson, a writer, worldbuilder, video essayist, and excellent fan theorist (although he sadly has stepped away from that entirely :'( ) with a cool New Zealand accent.

Also, this thread could stand to be given "Announcement" status... Maybe I should do that.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

Introduction:

Hello, I'm Ocean Rose :D

I got into Dragon's back in 2014 around Christmas/New Years. I had been searching for a movie to watch and stumbled upon HTTYD1. I had to of watched that movie every day, sometimes multiple times a day, for at least a month. Then I was finally able to watch the second movie, and became even crazier about it. By March, I was binging Riders and Defenders of Berk as well. It was a hard time in my life, and the characters, especially Hiccup and Astrid, helped me through it.

Eventually, I stumbled upon here, not long before the first season of RTTE premiered, but (majorly due to my shyness) it took me literal years to finally join the forum (2016) and even longer to join the Dragon Chat (2018). And those were probably some of the best decisions of my life, leading me to meet my best friends, and its all thanks to a wonderful and amazing movie that I stumbled upon years ago.
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

March 4-6: Fan content: Flying Free

Okay, I feel like this is rather bad and incoherent, but:
Quote:

Across the sky,
And through the air,
What is this that you see?
Strong wings that fly
A well-matched pair,
Together flying free!

Above the surf,
Or through the tide,
Where e'er we two may be,
We cross the earth,
And graceful glide,
Together flying free!

Beyond this land,
Adventure chase!
Nor shall we ever flee;
Our spirit fanned
From ev'ry face,
Together flying free!
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D